• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

CAS Rugby 2024

Flavio

Ward Prentice (10)
1000014085.jpg
great game well done to Knox a good fightback
Sadly my last schoolboy sports fixture

Redtilldead24

Frank Nicholson (4)
Knox defence stole the show for me though. Congratulations to barker but the resilience of the Knox defence, despite barker having all the territory was next level for a schoolboy side. The Knox boys should be very very proud of that effort.

rod skellet

Desmond Connor (43)
If I were to take my Barker goggles off, I would say Barker had more chances to win this game that was thwarted by determined Knox defence. It was a game worthy of the billing as the Plume Shield decider. A draw would possibly been a fair result too. I thought Harrison Deans positional kicking really gave Barker field position especially in the 2nd half when penalties went there way and he took the 3 points each time. Credit to the Knox scrum. They had the upper hand in the second half but scything runs by Poynton and critical turnovers by Talvera kept Barker in front when time ran out. Barker did play the last 5 a man down. So their defence was pretty solid too.

Running_rugby_1954

Ron Walden (29)
If I were to take my Barker goggles off, I would say Barker had more chances to win this game that was thwarted by determined Knox defence. It was a game worthy of the billing as the Plume Shield decider. A draw would possibly been a fair result too. I thought Harrison Deans positional kicking really gave Barker field position especially in the 2nd half when penalties went there way and he took the 3 points each time. Credit to the Knox scrum. They had the upper hand in the second half but scything runs by Poynton and critical turnovers by Talvera kept Barker in front when time ran out. Barker did play the last 5 a man down. So their defence was pretty solid too.
Rod, looks like the Barker goggles are still on.

Well done Barker.

CAS_Rugby

Stan Wickham (3)
Well done Barker 4th Premiership in 7 years. Massive achievement.

Seconds looks like a tie between Waves, Knox and Barker.

16a’s Waverley
15a’s Knox
14a’s Trinity
13a’s Waverley

Well done all.

CAS_Rugby

Stan Wickham (3)
It’s now the second longest time in Knox history since they won a firsts comp since they last shared the chocolates in 2016 (this was also the last time it was a two round comp)

2024 Barker
2023 Waverley
2022 Barker
2020 Waverley
2019 Barker
2018 Barker
2017 Waverley
2016 Waverley/Knox

Last edited:

moa999

Tom Lawton (22)
And it might unfortunately be worse than that as the result against Knox is recorded on the CAS website as 50-0, whereas posts here suggested it was higher at 72-0 with a HT scoreboard photo of 47-0.

WLF3

Watty Friend (18)
Any scores from Waves/Trinity & Brook/Aloys, please!
Ok Waves 40 Trinity 5, but it needs to be said that Trinity were terrific in the 1st half, Waves led 7-0 at half time.
Trinity came to play and had the territorial advantage in the 1ts half, showed plenty of grit!

Once the Waves forwards got their share of ball in the 2nd half, then the Waves back took over.

Big Congrats to Barker for winning this years comp, and Knox for putting in a terrific performance.
Rarely does a local derby, a nice day and big crowd, be the end game result.

Next year it will be the Cranbrook v Waverley in Gods country! :p

What an amazing final day at Barker and a great example of what school footy can be after a tough couple of weeks but a fitting tribute to Ethan Kotarac with his brother coming on for Knox in the last 15mins of the 1st XV.

Some great battles between the 2 schools across the pitch and in the stands as well. Was fantastic to see Barker putting the 2 student bodies next to each other in the Bracewell Stand which really ramped up the atmosphere and looked great on the NSW rugby TV coverage as well.

Barker were written off by many at the start of the year but came home strong with some narrow wins for sure but with a great team effort. 2nd XV just missed out on an outright win as well with a narrow loss to Knox to share the 2nd XV premiership 3 ways but their first for a very long time.

Homer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
It’s now the second longest time in Knox history since they won a firsts comp since they last shared the chocolates in 2016 (this was also the last time it was a two round comp)

2024 Barker
2023 Waverley
2022 Barker
2020 Waverley
2019 Barker
2018 Barker
2017 Waverley
2016 Waverley/Knox
Knox has needed a cleanout of the rugby department for years. Old school thinking, poor tactics and wasted talent. A review of the program is necessary. A focus on developing skills from the u13s up would be a start.

Soupnasty

Allen Oxlade (6)
Knox has needed a cleanout of the rugby department for years. Old school thinking, poor tactics and wasted talent. A review of the program is necessary. A focus on developing skills from the u13s up would be a start.
Ease up.
They lost 1 game last year and 1 game this year. How about we just celebrate what was a great rugby event on Saturday by 2 great schools and teams and an awful ref ;).

Whatsthatcall

Bob McCowan (2)
I thought Knox defence was a standout in what was a great game. They held Barker to two tries. Am I correct that this was the least tries scored by Barker in any game this year?

I would love to see more variations in Knox attack. Roach is a great ball runner but the crash ball is a bit predictable and Barker seemed ready for it. Maybe a new plan for next year with no Roach.

Poynton was great Saturday. With another year under his belt I think Caswell may have the advantage. (He is only year 11 and I think slightly better than Poynton was last year).

Knox appear in good hands for season 2025 with a few boys continuing. Haslam, Askew, Orr, Caswell and Kotarac tipped to be standouts next year.