• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

CAS Rugby 2024

gowavesboys

Bob McCowan (2)
Thoughts on cranbrook 6ths playing joeys 11ths this saturday? I think this has potential to be game of the round. The player to watch will be Cranbrooks 15, I have heard rumours that he played gen blue when he was 15, but has decided to play with his mates in the 6ths this year.
keep us posted

keith the bridgekeeper

Bob McCowan (2)
Thoughts on cranbrook 6ths playing joeys 11ths this saturday? I think this has potential to be game of the round. The player to watch will be Cranbrooks 15, I have heard rumours that he played gen blue when he was 15, but has decided to play with his mates in the 6ths this year.
How has Cranbrook 6ths gone are they a social team? If so could be a blow out against what seems to be quite a low joeys team. Anyone got info on Cranbrook 6ths?

-Keeth, Protecting the Northbridge Bridge

Rugbyguru

Frank Row (1)
Forest JRU product. Serious skipper and knows how to conduct a 4xv fixture. CAS selectors will be avidly watching
He had really developed his game over the past couple years, another player to look out for is Will Taylor (c) who has been averaging 200+ run metres 10 tackle breaks and 32 tackles

wisemaan

Banned
Oh for sure @thewolfpack looks like some real hard 'shots on' type footy will be played

Cranbrook 6ths v Joeys 11ths does sound like an intriguing matchup, especially with the potential backstory of Cranbrook's fullback who allegedly has a background in representative rugby. It's always exciting to see players who have honed their skills at higher levels bring that experience back to grassroots rugby.

Games like these, where there's a mix of talent and camaraderie, often produce some unexpectedly competitive matches. While it might not be the marquee fixture of the round, it certainly has the ingredients to be a tightly contested and entertaining affair. It's the kind of game where individual brilliance can shine, but teamwork and cohesion often make the real difference.

Yours in sporting reason, A Sane Observer

-wisemaan

thewolfpack

Peter Burge (5)
Oh for sure @thewolfpack looks like some real hard 'shots on' type footy will be played

Cranbrook 6ths v Joeys 11ths does sound like an intriguing matchup, especially with the potential backstory of Cranbrook's fullback who allegedly has a background in representative rugby. It's always exciting to see players who have honed their skills at higher levels bring that experience back to grassroots rugby.

Games like these, where there's a mix of talent and camaraderie, often produce some unexpectedly competitive matches. While it might not be the marquee fixture of the round, it certainly has the ingredients to be a tightly contested and entertaining affair. It's the kind of game where individual brilliance can shine, but teamwork and cohesion often make the real difference.

-wisemaan
Wiseman,

I would tend to agree with you on the grounds that the game will bear an unexpectedly intense level of competition. In regards to the cranbrook fullback, whilst individual players do indeed seem to shine amongst lower teams, I have no doubt that Joeys will put their efforts towards counteracting this setback. However, should the cranbrook team appear as a team much more experienced than that of Joeys, I believe cranbrook may just take the cake.

Alas, there is no such thing as an accurate prediction when looking at these social teams!

Sincerely, "wolfpack"

wisemaan

Banned
Wiseman,

I would tend to agree with you on the grounds that the game will bear an unexpectedly intense level of competition. In regards to the cranbrook fullback, whilst individual players do indeed seem to shine amongst lower teams, I have no doubt that Joeys will put their efforts towards counteracting this setback. However, should the cranbrook team appear as a team much more experienced than that of Joeys, I believe cranbrook may just take the cake.

Alas, there is no such thing as an accurate prediction when looking at these social teams!

Sincerely, "wolfpack"
Wolfpack

Absolutely, Joeys' renowned discipline and track record in lower grades could very well tip the scales in their favor. But as we've seen in the unpredictable world of social teams, anything can happen – just ask the Shore Dog Squad or Riverview Nico 9ths! However will be an exiting game looking forward to hearing results.

-wisemaan

Whatsthatcall

Bob McCowan (2)
Anyone have the Knox 1st XV lineup?
IMG_0231.jpeg

Reactions: 777