• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2024

scrumhead99

Ward Prentice (10)
On another topic what is everyone's predictions for the 2nd XV competition, whilst it is often neglected, it would be interesting to know everyones opinions.

james richards

Frank Nicholson (4)
On another topic what is everyone's predictions for the 2nd XV competition, whilst it is often neglected, it would be interesting to know everyones opinions.
Cranbrook 2nd XV would be looking for a 3 peat this year and it will be exciting to see how they play against pats after a win against St Pius. knox and barker are looking very strong too as barker beat Riverview in the 2s.

OutsideSentHer13

Allen Oxlade (6)
Cranbrook 2nd XV would be looking for a 3 peat this year and it will be exciting to see how they play against pats after a win against St Pius. knox and barker are looking very strong too as barker beat Riverview in the 2s.
Having reffed a few 16As and 2nds games last year, my pick would Knox.

Fridayarvodrinks

Frank Row (1)
Has anyone heard of Trinity's No. 5? Believe his last name was Liam Isaako. I was at the St Pat's game last week and thought he had a decent performance. May even be in contention to make a CAS team. He'd be at least 6'8!

OutsideSentHer13

Allen Oxlade (6)
Has anyone heard of Trinity's No. 5? Believe his last name was Liam Isaako. I was at the St Pat's game last week and thought he had a decent performance. May even be in contention to make a CAS team. He'd be at least 6'8!
Hi Fridayarvodrinks,

Yep I'm familiar. I've reffed him a bit over the years and he has good size. Perhaps6'8" may be pushing it I think. However his problem has always been his ball control- right back in junior ages. If he can fix this he could be in real contention but as it stands I think there's plenty of work he needs to put in.

Kindest Regards,
Arthur

JohnnyOhns

Banned
Hi Fridayarvodrinks,

Yep I'm familiar. I've reffed him a bit over the years and he has good size. Perhaps6'8" may be pushing it I think. However his problem has always been his ball control- right back in junior ages. If he can fix this he could be in real contention but as it stands I think there's plenty of work he needs to put in.

Kindest Regards,
Arthur
Agree with that.

JO

Dane Barnes

Banned
I've been keeping an eye on trinity over the pre-season and have watched all their games this year, I think that their number 5 Liam Isaako has some crazy potential and could even make a NSW side this year, in saying that I think the number 2 has some work cut out for him with regards to his throwing in the line-outs and overall game IQ. Regardless, I believe they will have a quite successful CAS season.

Cheers,
Dane

I've been keeping an eye on trinity over the pre-season and have watched all their games this year, I think that their number 5 Liam Isaako has some crazy potential and could even make a NSW side this year, in saying that I think the number 2 has some work cut out for him with regards to his throwing in the line-outs and overall game IQ. Regardless, I believe they will have a quite successful CAS season.

Cheers,
Dane
Hi Dane,

Some concerns with trinity's loss againts St Pats, How do they Bounce back from this to have a good CAS season,

Cheers

Dane Barnes

Banned
Hi Dane,

Some concerns with trinity's loss againts St Pats, How do they Bounce back from this to have a good CAS season,

Cheers
I believe Woods and Conti just outplayed the side with freakish talent. There’s only so much hard work can do when you’re up against schoolboy players of this caliber. Theres some word going around that they have had a bit of a reshuffle this week in the team and they are looking to continue their dominance in the forwards, another forward I have foolishly forgotten to mention in the number 6 Hugo Vanhal, he poses a real strong ball running game and has some insane plays for the highlights. As long as their game controllers take control and play the territory battle & find number 13 Zeke Edmed for early ball they have a real chance at putting up a dominant performance.

Cheers

Fridayarvodrinks

Frank Row (1)
An early (possibly too early) 1st XV CAS lineup prediction:

1. Harper Sterachan (Knox)
2. Max Meagher (Trinity)
3. Nick Hill (Barker)
4. James Finegan (Waverley)
5. Liam Isaako (Trinity)
6. Heath Turner (Knox)
7. Ollie Aboud (Waverley)
8. Cameron Mackenzie (Cranbrook)
9. Kera Weaver (Barker)
10. Harrison Dene (Barker)
11. Zeke Edmed (Trinity)
12. Tua Tatea (Waverley)
13. Max Roach (Knox)
14. Jaxson Allen (Cranbrook)
15. Charlie Poynton (Barker)

Thoughts?

OutsideSentHer13

Allen Oxlade (6)
You couldn't be more wrong, imports are not an issue, they are actually the solution to improving the game of which we love and also concurrently gives these boys who may be less fortunate an opportunity to enjoy in the world class education that these private schools offer, that they wouldn't otherwise be able to experience. Clearly, imports are not an issue and this 'take' of yours is elementary and antiquated.
Hi Nicholas Barry,

I believe that the original comment was probably just some schoolboy troll upset he got snubbed for a firsts position. Not worth your time in responding to.

Kind Regards,
Arthur.

Last edited: