• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

CAS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
One more thing, though - I wouldn't be too excited about the prospects of the CAS team this year. The two leading schools are Barker and Trinity. Barker went down to Oakhill early in the year, and Oakhill will not be the strongest ISA team. And Trinity just scraped a win over St Patrick's, who in turn took a 70-point pounding from Riverview. These are not good signs.

rtd32

Larry Dwyer (12)
Mr rtd32, your theory of suggesting that players from a team that is doing well on a certain level be picked for representative honors is flawed. If you are such a strong believer in that mentality, you might as well ask Robbie dean to select the wallabies consisting of only brumbies players or reds players. Let's just throw beau Robinson out cause his the best scrummager in Australia but his from the waratahs who are coming bottom in Australian conference virtually, stuff Pocock, who cares, pococks team is coming virtually last as well. Don't even bother with kurtley Beale, or James oconnor, Melbourne don't even have a rugby team, they just play gay-fl (note the sarcasm).

The super 15 champions last year, the queensland reds, made up 10 out of 22 players in the Wallabies squad... I never said that there should be no other player in the side, as i have previously mentioned Williams from Aloysius, and the Cranbrook winger (did not capture his name), as well as patterson from waverly and clunies-ross from trinity, vevers from aloys, clark from trinity, Creeley from Knox... All I have said is that it is far more logical for this CAS side to have a higher ratio of players from the team who is currently leading, would you not agree?

rtd32

Larry Dwyer (12)
One more thing, though - I wouldn't be too excited about the prospects of the CAS team this year. The two leading schools are Barker and Trinity. Barker went down to Oakhill early in the year, and Oakhill will not be the strongest ISA team. And Trinity just scraped a win over St Patrick's, who in turn took a 70-point pounding from Riverview. These are not good signs.

Knox took a 69-31 pounding from Waverly, Trinity beat Waverly 27-22, and yet Trinity took a 32-6 pounding from Knox... Not all things work on point difference, nor on who beat which team, its all about the team that plays on the day and how bad they want it

rtd32

Larry Dwyer (12)
rtd32

More a keen interest in former rep players than a supporter of any school particularly rtd and have keenly watched some of these guys for years now. Sorry to be pedantic but as I keep all the programs from the games I get to.......June 4 2011 K vs B at K - Kitchen noted (and played) as the 1s hooker. And Morsello, Wilson and Kitchen have been contending for the 2 rep position for a couple of years now. Morsello played prop until 2 years ago and Wilson prop until 3 years ago. So no newcomers in that trio just some great seasoned talent. But enough of ancient history! CAS supporters should celebrate that it has serious contenders for all positions - today.

Your list may say that, but he was wearing the number 2 for the seconds in that game, but hey he may have had the 16 on his back in the 1sts game

pine cone 3

Frank Nicholson (4)
rtd32

More a keen interest in former rep players than a supporter of any school particularly rtd and have keenly watched some of these guys for years now. Sorry to be pedantic but as I keep all the programs from the games I get to.......June 4 2011 K vs B at K - Kitchen noted (and played) as the 1s hooker. And Morsello, Wilson and Kitchen have been contending for the 2 rep position for a couple of years now. Morsello played prop until 2 years ago and Wilson prop until 3 years ago. So no newcomers in that trio just some great seasoned talent. But enough of ancient history! CAS supporters should celebrate that it has serious contenders for all positions - today.

Hooker is the 1 spot where CAS are strong in talent but Wilson played NSW schools after initially missing CAS selection and that won't be forgotten.

sprites

Bob McCowan (2)

Yes - Trinity just scraped a win over St Patricks, but keep in mind the crowd factor and the abuse that the young men from Trinity were getting from the old boys. Also, there must be something special building up in that team over there in Summer Hill, they narrowly came back against St Pats and a week later did the same against Waverley, yes they played quite poorly in both matches but managed to hit back and win. I think this week's match up in Hornsby will be one to remember.

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
Yes - Trinity just scraped a win over St Patricks, but keep in mind the crowd factor and the abuse that the young men from Trinity were getting from the old boys. Also, there must be something special building up in that team over there in Summer Hill, they narrowly came back against St Pats and a week later did the same against Waverley, yes they played quite poorly in both matches but managed to hit back and win. I think this week's match up in Hornsby will be one to remember.

The snouts tell me that watching Trinity play is like listening to a V8 misfiring - you can hear the potential, but it has yet to be delivered.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I was being sarcastic, Sprite quoted 2 wins over two ok teams, but ignored their humiliating loss by the woeful(this year) Knox team, when concluding that Trinity are still very good, but playing very poorly.
I believe whilst their are some talented individuals in the CAS comp, the overall standard of the teams is weak this year.

Eshayz

Sydney Middleton (9)
Whether the premier's son has a chance or not, having the 2nd's for barker lose on the weekend their intensity looks as if they're dropping quite substantially. If Tom was considered for the 1's squad even for barker, selectors would have to be almost as blind as some of the Referee's this season (mainly the ref for the trinity waverley clash in round 1 and barker cranbrook clash for 2nds), but Orr and Satiu are definitely the stronger players.

In regards to this weekends top of the table clash barker forwards are going to struggle against this trinity front row, their strength and commitment may end up starving barker from possession.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Questioning the Trinity Hooker (Morsello) and his commitment to CAS rugby, caught wagging training last week at Donut King. Tom Wilson will take the CAS Hooker position without any worries.
In terms of the Trinity forward pack in general, definite size/power but sportmanship is lacking and thats what wins games.
The extremities of Jamo Clark's overratedness are bewildering, and I think he will be shown up by the Yr. 10 Dave Smerdon a prospering young talent at Barker College

I hope you're amusing yourself JenkinsH, because you're just annoying everyone else. Who's the nest player you're going to suggest will start at 10 for Barker this weekend? The Pope? Craig Thomson? Danny Cipriani?

O

onthewatch

cas teams announced thus coming sunday will be very interesting to see what the selectors go with. Cannot wait and see whos chosen for 12,13 ,2,10 and 8

rtd32

Larry Dwyer (12)
I hope you're amusing yourself JenkinsH, because you're just annoying everyone else. Who's the nest player you're going to suggest will start at 10 for Barker this weekend? The Pope? Craig Thomson? Danny Cipriani?

No, Dave Smerdon in year 10 actually is the Barker 1s 5/8

Budgie

Chris McKivat (8)
Any of the CAS boys on show at the NSW JRU State champs over the long weekend playing for village club district rep teams or are the top players discouraged from playing for village clubs?

M

Malo

Lighten up guys! I think I detect some light-hearted playfulness in at least some of jenkinsh comments. If you can't see that you need a holiday away from rugby. However, I do not condone any open sledging of players by anyone even under the disguise of sarcasm or playfulness.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Understand that Clunies-Ross may be back For Trinity this week; if he's anywhere near proper fitness, that should go a long way towards making this game at Barker a very close one.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
OK, minor transgressions are resulting in permanent bans.
Think carefully before posting shit, whether it be casting aspersions on players or otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.