• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Byrnes gets 10 Weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
groundhog.jpg

V

Veritas

Now that the dust has settled, we should all deal with facts and not bullshit. If you actually read the judgement you will find:
1. Carter made a written statement saying it happened as he was getting up. Not what was shown on TV before they went to ground. That vidio is clearly inconclusive and an open hand cannot be an eye gouge.
2. The judgement says the video of the ground incident clears Byrnes of any allegation of eye gouging.
3. The original finding was of a headlock which was deemed reckless. The appeal found no headlock, because there was none.
4, The origibnal judgement found an admission by Byrnes. The appeal found no such admission.
5. reality is Carter had a couple of scratches near his eye. Made no complaint to Ref, a few metres away nor linesman nor Byrnes. Got up and scored a try.
However he got the scratches it did not happen when he said (on the ground). He exaggerated and tried to milk it. You can't do that with such a serious charge as eye gouging. Probably why Byrnes is so angry, because he was falsely accused. Carter needs to think before he opens his mouth in future. He doesn't need this shit. He had a good game.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Why could Carter try and 'milk it' with something as serious as eye gouging. Something does not sit right with this whole situation. I think Mr Byrnes protests too much I think he could have responded in a better way.

V

Veritas

Why could Carter try and 'milk it' with something as serious as eye gouging. Something does not sit right with this whole situation. I think Mr Byrnes protests too much I think he could have responded in a better way.
He did itbecause he dibn't think of the consequences. I agree he could have responded in a better way, but this has nothing to do with the fact that he was obviously falsely accused of eye gouging. On any view it was not a gouge. At worst it was with an open hand and happended in milli seconds. No deliberate placing of fingers in an eye.

Carter should never have proceeded with it. he did the wrong thing.

If Byrnes had deliberately put his fingers in Carters eye he deserves the 10 weeks.

Byrnes is angry because he knows he did not gouge Carter. If that wass not the case he would not have said anything.

Think about it.

Try and put prejudice aside.

Deal with facts.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
He did itbecause he dibn't think of the consequences. I agree he could have responded in a better way, but this has nothing to do with the fact that he was obviously falsely accused of eye gouging. On any view it was not a gouge. At worst it was with an open hand and happended in milli seconds. No deliberate placing of fingers in an eye.

Carter should never have proceeded with it. he did the wrong thing.

If Byrnes had deliberately put his fingers in Carters eye he deserves the 10 weeks.

Byrnes is angry because he knows he did not gouge Carter. If that wass not the case he would not have said anything.

Think about it.

Try and put prejudice aside.

Deal with facts.
Your facts, or other facts?
Oh, you mean your opinion?
You'll forgive us if some of us form our own, not yours tied with a bow and a card stating "Herein Lie Facts".

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Anything involving Tom Carter is a good read... Be good when both teams play again and see them go at. My bet is Byrnes

Torn Hammy

Johnnie Wallace (23)
According to Dr Luke Inman Carter's eyeball had been scratched. Serious stuff.

If you are going to ban someone for this you need to have proof. Should we be surprised that SANZAR's judiciary stuffed this concept up. No.

Byrnes, Carter and rugby supporters have been let down again by this very average bunch of officials. Replace them with the lunch ladies, I say.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
I love it when a saga never dies

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...anction-over-carter-blast-20120404-1wd7e.html

Byrnes faces sanction over Carter blast

April 5, 2012
SUPER RUGBY'S governing body is considering sanctioning Rebels lock Adam Byrnes over comments he made in the media attacking Waratahs centre Tom Carter last month.
Byrnes accused Carter of trying to ruin his livelihood by levelling an eye gouging allegation against him during the Waratahs' round two win over the Rebels in Melbourne. He told a media outlet Carter's actions were a ''disgrace'' and displayed ''a very poor quality as a human being''. It is understood Byrnes's comments could have contravened SANZAR's code of conduct, which prevents players from criticising match officials and team members.
SANZAR chief executive Greg Peters yesterday confirmed Byrnes's ''printed comments [are] under consideration''. The 30-year-old made the comments the day after a three-person appeals committee overturned an initial 10-week playing ban handed down by the SANZAR judiciary in the wake of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.