• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies vs Highlanders, Sat 14 April 2018 - Dunedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The last 5-10 minutes have been brutal......... if only Hawera had not thrown his third intercept pass.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
We seem to want to toss cutout passes to much and or really wide balls to the wingers and end in cut out passes or turn overs

Sent from my SM-T385 using Tapatalk

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
^^^^^^ I think your potential returnee failed a HIA therefore can't come back on. Sucks but thems the rules & for good reason. The world doesn't need any more brain-damaged footy players.
Did Cusak fail an HIA? My understanding was that Naisarani went off for an HIA and Cusak was able to keep come on despite being subbed earlier but because Naisarani failed the HIA, Cusak had to leave the field.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Did Cusak fail an HIA? My understanding was that Naisarani went off for an HIA and Cusak was able to keep come on despite being subbed earlier but because Naisarani failed the HIA, Cusak had to leave the field.
That's it shit rule

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
No, Cusack was fine but he was a tactical replacement. We had no replacements left so had to play with 14 following Isi failing the HIA.

In that case it's just bad luck, I guess.

EDIT: Up the Guts no, you should never let rules/ laws "slide". It's what separates us from the knuckle draggers.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
The Brumbies problem is that they keep giving the ball to the backs, when all of their best attacking players are wearing single digit numbers....
I'm tempted to just play 2 pack and a number 9..

zer0

John Thornett (49)
That daft HIA replacement law needs to be changed as soon as possible. And, as far as I understand it, it's also plainly open to abuse if your scum is in trouble.

> Scrum is getting crushed
> Sub off both starting props
> Wait five minutes
> HIA a replacement prop
> Replacement prop fails ("fails")
> ???
> Profit through uncontested scrums and bring on an as yet unused loosie as replacement to maintain a full XV

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Brumbies had used all their subs. If someone had broken their leg the same rule would have applied but without the need for an assessment. It’s been that way forever.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
In that case it's just bad luck, I guess.

EDIT: Up the Guts no, you should never let rules/ laws "slide". It's what separates us from the knuckle draggers.
I was thinking that myself but there are some occasions where I’d like to see the laws slide. If a guy’s lying on the ground offside not obstructing the opposition and the 9 deliberately fires it into him to get an offside penalty you wouldn’t want to see the guy penalised for offside even though it might be correct to the letter of the law. This is one of the occasions I’d like to see the ref let it slide but it’s obviously completely subjective.

Status
Not open for further replies.