• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies vs Highlanders, Sat 14 April 2018 - Dunedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Brumbies roll over the ditch to play the Highlanders on Saturday arvo.

Brumbies team named later but Henry Speight won't be playing. Which would have been nice since it would have been his 100th and they like Speight's down there...

Anyway, here's the Highlanders team.

1.Daniel Lienert-Brown
2.Liam Coltman
3.Siate Tokolahi
4.Jackson Hemopo
5.Tom Franklin
6.Shannon Frizell
7.Dillon Hunt
8.Luke Whitelock
9.Aaron Smith
10.Lima Sopoaga
11.Tevita Li
12.Teihorangi Walden
13.Rob Thompson
14.Waisake Naholo
15.Ben Smith

RESERVES
16. Ash Dixon
17. Aki Seiuli
18. Kalolo Tuiloma
19. Alex Ainley
20. Elliot Dixon
21. Kayne Hammington
22. Fletcher Smith
23. Matt Faddes

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
1 Change for the Brumbies in the starting XV and 3 on the bench

1. Scott Sio
2. Folau Fainga’a
3. Allan Ala'alatoa
4. Rory Arnold
5. Blake Enever
6. Tom Cusack
7. David Pocock
8. Isi Naisarani
9. Matt Lucas
10. Wharenui Hawera
11. Chance Peni
12. Christian Lealiifano
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. James Dargaville
15. Tom Banks

Replacements
16. Robbie Abel
17. Nic Mayhew
18. Leslie Leuluaialii-Makin
19. Sam Carter
20. Michael Oakman-Hunt
21. Joe Powell
22. Kyle Godwin
23. Andrew Smith

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Good old North-by-NorthWest Pitcairns TV aren't televising it either but, in their infinite wisdom, will be running a delayed telecast of the CURTAIN RAISER between "Highlanders A" and "Japan A."

Great.

Just bloody great.

And like a total saddo I'll be sitting there on a Saturday night watching the stupid thing. Unless the Blues lost earlier in the day. In which case I will be balls-deep in violently hammering out the subtitles for the single most profane Hitler parody video clip to ever litter the motherf***ing internet

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I guess it makes sense not to make any unforced changes to the starting XV after the win last week, but Powell had been one of the few Brumbies players in reasonable form and has been responsible for a lot of their better attacking moments..........

It's good to see Andrew Smith get a run as he was probably the Brumbies best performing centre last year, but it doesn't give them much flexibility with two centres on the bench.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
If Matt has a horror handling game like last week, the Highlanders will find this one easy. I am at a loss to understand why Powell wasn't reinstated.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Good old North-by-NorthWest Pitcairns TV aren't televising it either but, in their infinite wisdom, will be running a delayed telecast of the CURTAIN RAISER between "Highlanders A" and "Japan A."

Great.

Just bloody great.

And like a total saddo I'll be sitting there on a Saturday night watching the stupid thing. Unless the Blues lost earlier in the day. In which case I will be balls-deep in violently hammering out the subtitles for the single most profane Hitler parody video clip to ever litter the motherf***ing internet

Link when complete.

dru

David Wilson (68)
Reality check incoming

Yeah it is. I'll be watching this for sure, hoping this reality check places the Aus franchises waaay better than the depression whispering in my ear. Stoli for this game, not Archie Rose.

I'm liking the Brumby starting pack for certain. Time for Hawera-Lea to stamp their identity on a big game. Boys with arse splinters need to hold on and grow an extra leg.

Do us proud ponies.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Think the Brumbies can match the Landers in the forwards. The big test will be containing the Smiths. Will need to see greater teamwork than has been shown previously, except for the last half last week. Could be close with the Highlanders getting the win.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Think the Brumbies can match the Landers in the forwards. The big test will be containing the Smiths. Will need to see greater teamwork than has been shown previously, except for the last half last week. Could be close with the Highlanders getting the win.

The Highlander's defense will smoother the Brumbies, create turnovers and then ....................................

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Will have to beat Pocock over the ball to make those turnovers. Maybe not as easy as you might have thought, FP? But certainly, ball retention will be crucial to the Brumbies' chances. All NZ sides are deadly on turnover ball.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Looking forward to the Brumbies resurgence continuing

Should win by 30 +

sopranophone_zpsk6khrfri.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.