• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies v Reds, Bruce Stadium, 7/4/2018 @7:45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Shaping up to be the most exciting game of the weekend.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Sully, given the lack of cohesion in the Brumbies' attack so far, it will then be up to the Reds to bring all the excitement with them.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
I feel like the Reds are just going about their business they probably think they don't have a status.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Jeez the Reds must be absolutely shitting themselves with the second coming in of his Lordship David.

Most 7's get a turnover or 2 in a game but David should get several according to his reputation.

I think the Reds will have trouble containing David in respect of turnovers, tackles, attacking runs, defensive and attacking rucks and mauls, lineout jumping, scrummaging, passing, backing up support play. Hopefully they can contain those other 14 blokes on the paddock.:D

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Jeez the Reds must be absolutely shitting themselves with the second coming in of his Lordship David.

Most 7's get a turnover or 2 in a game but David should get several according to his reputation.

I think the Reds will have trouble containing David in respect of turnovers, tackles, attacking runs, defensive and attacking rucks and mauls, lineout jumping, scrummaging, passing, backing up support play. Hopefully they can contain those other 14 blokes on the paddock.:D
We doing the "claim underdog status" posts again? I thought we just did those for the Festival of Hate?

Sent from my SM-J710GN using Tapatalk

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Penalty Try will be favourite. Either via Reds Scrum dominance or a Reds player trying to channel their inner Van Damme on their own try line in a new and improved red card effort.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
The media cites this game as one that the Brumbies must win, and that for them it's 'backs against the wall'.
But the Reds also need this win big-time. The Rebels & Waratahs are both out in front of the Australian conference, with the Waratahs playing the Sunwolves, for which they can expect to pick up a bonus point (although the Sunwolves might surprise, like they almost did against the Lions), that would put them on 19 points, just one behind the Rebels, who have a bye & are on 20 points.
The Brumbies are on 9 points, but with a win against the Reds (with a game score difference of more than 7points) would place them equal to the Reds on 13, although probably with a lower Points Difference.
But if the Brumbies should beat the Reds and gain a bonus point, then the Reds will be in 4th place in front of the Sunwolves on 2 points.
So this is an important game for the Reds to 'must win'. I think they will, as they have come along in leaps & bounds since beating the Brumbies in their previous game, even though the Brumbies were without Poey.
The Brumbies biggest problem is settling on a game plan & sticking with it.
Should be a belter of a game.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
The media cites this game as one that the Brumbies must win, and that for them it's 'backs against the wall'.
But the Reds also need this win big-time. The Rebels & Waratahs are both out in front of the Australian conference, with the Waratahs playing the Sunwolves, for which they can expect to pick up a bonus point (although the Sunwolves might surprise, like they almost did against the Lions), that would put them on 19 points, just one behind the Rebels, who have a bye & are on 20 points.
The Brumbies are on 9 points, but with a win against the Reds (with a game score difference of more than 7points) would place them equal to the Reds on 13, although probably with a lower Points Difference.
But if the Brumbies should beat the Reds and gain a bonus point, then the Reds will be in 4th place in front of the Sunwolves on 2 points.
So this is an important game for the Reds to 'must win'. I think they will, as they have come along in leaps & bounds since beating the Brumbies in their previous game, even though the Brumbies were without Poey.
The Brumbies biggest problem is settling on a game plan & sticking with it.
Should be a belter of a game.

At what point does it come down to every team want's to win the games so just pick the better team? :D

But I do agree, both teams do really need this win.

Status
Not open for further replies.