• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies v Reds, Bruce Stadium, 7/4/2018 @7:45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Fucking disgraceful by TMO and Ref. Fucked the game.

And the Ref gave a penalty to Poey when he had his hand on the ball for a split second.

The refs have been pretty poor in general this season. Gardner was extremely inconsistent yesterday for the Waratahs and Sunwolves and Brumbies definitely got the benefit of the doubt on a number of occasions.

The most frustrating thing is watching replays of incidents that don't warrant it over and over whilst complete ignoring other incidents in the lead up to tries. For instance, in the Waratah's game Foketi clearly held a guy up but we still got a number of replays meanwhile not a thought was given to look at what seemed to be an obstruction of Rona before the breakout occurred. Kerevi's non-try was an absolute howler not sure why we can't just let someone put the ball down and then quickly check the big screen.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Fucking disgraceful by TMO and Ref. Fucked the game.

And the Ref gave a penalty to Poey when he had his hand on the ball for a split second. Talk about favoritism. We didn't get that kind of success when several times during the game a Reds player had his hand on the ball for a second or so.

The penalty was for Higgers coming in from the side to clean Poey out as he had his hand on the ball. Absolutely a correct decision.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Kerevi's non-try was an absolute howler not sure why we can't just let someone put the ball down and then quickly check the big screen.

I think the problem there is that the referee has already called knock on advantage to the Brumbies. Maybe that can be corrected to a Reds scrum on the reset but I don't see how you can give it a try.

The Brumbies can justifiably say they had advantage and stopped playing because they didn't get the ball.

I realise that the Brumbies were never going to stop Kerevi from there but the laws don't provide for the referee to make that sort of overturn of a previous decision.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Kerevis unawarded try. Is Marto nuts. The ref blew the whistle before the ball was grounded. What's the tmo or ref gonna do about that ? Whistle is blown you can't award a try.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yep, the ref blew his whistle before Kerevi ran across the line which meant that play had stopped........

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
I think the problem there is that the referee has already called knock on advantage to the Brumbies. Maybe that can be corrected to a Reds scrum on the reset but I don't see how you can give it a try.

The Brumbies can justifiably say they had advantage and stopped playing because they didn't get the ball.

I realise that the Brumbies were never going to stop Kerevi from there but the laws don't provide for the referee to make that sort of overturn of a previous decision.

Fair enough if he had but he left an awfully long time between Kerevi picking up the ball, stepping a bloke, and going over the line before blowing his whistle.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Fair enough if he had but he left an awfully long time between Kerevi picking up the ball, stepping a bloke, and going over the line before blowing his whistle.
If kerevi grounded the ball as soon as he went over the line there would of been a chance for the try but once the whistle has blown that's it

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
If kerevi grounded the ball as soon as he went over the line there would of been a chance for the try but once the whistle has blown that's it

Yep, I am just saying there would have been less confusion if he had either blown his whistle immediately or let the play run and then checked after Kerevi grounded the ball. As he seemed to be in two minds whether or not to blow his whistle it just added to the confusion and made it seem like a poor decision.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Yep, the ref blew his whistle before Kerevi ran across the line which meant that play had stopped....

Don't they sometimes reverse a try AFTER it has been awarded and the Ref has blown his whistle (before the conversion)

What's the difference ?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Don't they sometimes reverse a try AFTER it has been awarded and the Ref has blown his whistle (before the conversion)

What's the difference ?

A referee can reverse a try after it has been awarded, but he can't award a try after play has stopped as the ball is no longer in play.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)

The correct decision would have been to let him put it down then blow it up for the knock on, and if he wants check then. You can't unscramble the egg don't blow the whistle unless you are sure it's a whistle.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
The correct decision would have been to let him put it down then blow it up for the knock on, and if he wants check then. You can't unscramble the egg don't blow the whistle unless you are sure it's a whistle.

Referees don't seem to be in the habit of letting the play run and then coming back and checking, unfortunately. The Hurricanes were denied a try in the first half against the Rebels last week and the call looked harsh on review (not as obvious as last night's though). In the Sunwolves vs Waratahs Foley threw a cut out to Big T who looked like he would romp in to score but the wind carried it forward and Gardner ruled a forward pass. They didn't replay it too much but it looked like it may well have gone backward out of Foley's hand.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Once he had called knock on, advantage Brumbies there was no way the Reds could score a try. The whistle was pretty much irrelevant then.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
On a side note, Poey won man of the match last night and donated the money to Uni Norths (the clubs he’s allocated to, and hasn’t ever played for).

Status
Not open for further replies.