• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies v Reds, Bruce Stadium, 7/4/2018 @7:45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
As a Reds fan, this game makes me nervous. Despite the form of the Brumbies and the apparent rumours of lack of harmony in the camp, the Brumbies best team is a very strong one. Pocock remains (IMO) the player most capable of single handedly changing a result.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Brumbies season is really on the line here. Lose and they are likely to be 2+ wins behind the Rebels, Tahs and Reds.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I think we know what the Reds bring more than anything else - gritty defence.

The Ponies could bring anything.

Battle of the forward packs will be the telling influence (as it often is).

Strewthcobber

Steve Williams (59)
14 v 15 in both tries scored and points scored in the super comp

Reds have let in 15 v 12 tries for the Brumbies

Brumbies have conceded way more goals

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
I never look forward to when these two teams play. It always turns into a slug fest and that 6-3 (or was it 9-6) when Johannsen nailed Larkham is always in the forefront of my mind.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Does anyone think Pocock lurking will influence selection in the back row for the Reds?
Maybe they pick ASY (Angus Scott-Young) or Wright instead of Korczyk to help over the ball? (I feel like ASY (Angus Scott-Young) is my pick.)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Does anyone think Pocock lurking will influence selection in the back row for the Reds?
Maybe they pick ASY (Angus Scott-Young) or Wright instead of Korczyk to help over the ball? (I feel like ASY (Angus Scott-Young) is my pick.)

Surely you counteract Pocock by having effective cleanouts.

Picking a pilfering 7 might win you more turnovers but it isn't going to do anything to mitigate Pocock.

Reactions: dru

dru

Tim Horan (67)

Picking a pilfering 7 might win you more turnovers but it isn't going to do anything to mitigate Pocock.

With that in mind I'd start with Rodda and Douglas.

That McCaffrey bloke needs watching too. What's his story - I don't remember him from years past. Massive impact for the Brumbies.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)

That's why I was thinking ASY (Angus Scott-Young) rather than Wright. I do like Korczyk and he works as hard as anyone but I feel like his focus is more on making tackles than cleaning out.

Maybe you do counter pilfering with good cleanouts, but maybe you counter it with more pilfering -- some say the best defence is a good offence...

Also @ Dru, that was my logic in leaning towards Tui coming off the bench. But at the same time, you can argue if Tui can break the line it doesn't matter too much if you give the Brumbies back the ball on their 5 meter line it's not like they have shone any ability to run it out.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
That McCaffrey bloke needs watching too. What's his story - I don't remember him from years past. Massive impact for the Brumbies.

Couldn't cut it first time at the Brumbies. Went to Europe for a few years and improved and is making the most of his second chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.