• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2025

Rudderless

Trevor Allan (34)
1727668671773.png

Adam84

Rod McCall (65)
Besides Rd 3 & 4 both been away consecutively, it's probably the friendlies of the draws from an Australian team perspective.. good mix of home/away games spread throughout and the Bye Rounds are pretty generously placed

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Opening round will be interesting...

The Brumbies have somehow avoided playing the Drua in Fiji so far, and they're so much stronger at home.
First time the Drua have opened the season at home too, so it might be the best chance to beat them there as they haven't necessarily started strong. After last year the Force will be really targeting that round 2 clash too, aside from the difficulty facing the Drua in Fiji, most sides struggle the following week and the Force came very close to an upset in their early season trip to Canberra this year.

WoodysRFC

Allen Oxlade (6)
Announcement video for the signing is also great work from the Brumbies:

Really impressed with how the Australian* sides have lifted their social media game the last couple of years.

*W.R. Tah Funeral Directors still have a ways to go.
Same could be said for the kiwi sides too, Super Rugby socials have increased right across the board. Even the Super Instagram page is routinely putting out highlight videos and keeping us updated on news etc. Need this sort of fan engagement all year round if this comp is to compete with other sports.

Brunbies socials were kind of rubbish last year, possibly a lower marketing budget pre-centalisation?

Bullrush

Geoff Shaw (53)
Same could be said for the kiwi sides too, Super Rugby socials have increased right across the board. Even the Super Instagram page is routinely putting out highlight videos and keeping us updated on news etc. Need this sort of fan engagement all year round if this comp is to compete with other sports.

Brunbies socials were kind of rubbish last year, possibly a lower marketing budget pre-centalisation?
I have a little bit of inside knowledge here and I'm told that trying to get RA sign-off on some stuff in terms of SM and marketing can be quite hard. They are pretty old-school and conservative when it comes to building better fan engagement.

LeCheese

John Thornett (49)
I have a little bit of inside knowledge here and I'm told that trying to get RA sign-off on some stuff in terms of SM and marketing can be quite hard. They are pretty old-school and conservative when it comes to building better fan engagement.
It’s good to see RA have lifted their socials game in the last 18 months or so too - granted it’s less memey stuff and more ‘legitimate’ content, so I can see your point

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)

The blues have been excellent and are probably leading the comp in that regard, and I've liked the chiefs recent output, but the Crusaders and Highlanders are still well behind the pack - basically phoned in the draw announcements (highlanders didn't even have a video on their socials). They're somehow managing to make the tahs look good.

WoodysRFC

Allen Oxlade (6)
The blues have been excellent and are probably leading the comp in that regard, and I've liked the chiefs recent output, but the Crusaders and Highlanders are still well behind the pack - basically phoned in the draw announcements (highlanders didn't even have a video on their socials). They're somehow managing to make the tahs look good.
Yeah the Highlanders are crap, all the other unions had the decency to congratulate their U18 reps for schools etc.

Back on topic, stoked to see Corey Toole sign on for another year, but can't help but feel he'll be looking for opportunities overseas if he can't get selection for the Wallabies.