• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Blues v Brumbies SF Fri June 14 2024

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Brumbies forwards need to rev up in this second half. The blues post contact meters are world class. Brumbies can't match it at the moment.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
How the hell has Doleman made it easier for Brumbies. He has missed things (like all refs) but no more for Blues than Brumbirs .
Can't agree with that. Blues have had all the luck with the calls no doubt about it. Blues have also came out on fire. Muscled up and smashing the Brumbies in tight

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Brumbies did well to slow the killdozer down in the second quarter and escape some sticky situations near their own line. But expect it will be more of the same in the second half.

And Doleman has been diabolical, as per. idk how he keeps getting away with these appointments.

EDIT: Going back and having a quick look, the Blues poor ball security in their final attack into the 22 and directly led to the Brumbies getting the ball and field position to eventually score from. It's disappointing but sort that out and things should be back under control.

Last edited:

whitefalcon

Alex Ross (28)
I wonder if Swain fumbling the kick off receipts is a little bit due to Van Nek on the lift. The first one looked like Van Nek didnt get under him fast enough.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Brumbies did well to slow the killdozer down in the second quarter and escape some sticky situations near their own line. But expect it will be more of the same in the second half.

And Doleman has been diabolical, as per. idk how he keeps getting away with these appointments.
Yeah, as I said above, Blues have been the better team clearly. If Doleman was more accurate, the Brumbies would still be losing, but probably by a try less. Don't know if the Brumbies have the firepower to get over them even if Doleman did a square-up!

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)

FatTony.png

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Can't agree with that. Blues have had all the luck with the calls no doubt about it. Blues have also came out on fire. Muscled up and smashing the Brumbies in tight
Shiggins me old cock, I would be incredibly surprised if any team that you were supporting got a fair go from ref.
Hey but mate it's what we expect so don't disappoint us. ;)

Tomthumb

Desmond Connor (43)
How the hell has Doleman made it easier for Brumbies. He has missed things (like all refs) but no more for Blues than Brumbirs .
Absolute nonsense. Missed 2 blues knock ons in the same play, missed Caleb Clarke blatantly offside when the Brumbies were hot on attack. That was essentially a 14 point swing

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Shiggins me old cock, I would be incredibly surprised if any team that you were supporting got a fair go from ref.
And none of us would be the least surprised that you will accept pretty awful officiating. If you read the posts most acknowledge the Blues are playing better. If you think this is fine from Doleman, I'd hate to see what constitutes poor officiating. Should be better at this level.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
How isn't chrisie penalised for slapping the ball down as well ? I hate when reds allow a team to infringe again and then stop play and go back to the original penalty.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
It's pretty clear mate. Most if the errors have gone one way which is unlucky for the Brums