• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Bledisloe #2 - AUS v NZL, Eden Park, Auckland, August 15th

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I honestly can't call it. I feel like we're on the cusp of busting through a pretty significant performance barrier, but can't also help but feel that the AB's will really raise their game and give us a kicking. I fully expect that the forward exchanges will be absolutely brutal and that we'll play a very tight game. I also expect that things will open up in the second half when the bigger bodies get tired and the benches emptied. I still think that Cheika is taking a massive gamble with the 6:2 bench.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
So youre predicting it'll either be a close win to the Wallabies, or a close win to NZ, or a big win for NZ..Well look at Mr Nostradamus over here.

Well, call me pessimistic, but I just can't see Australia winning by a lot. And I'm fence sitting really. I'd like to Aus Win, and if we do it will be tight.

If we lose, best case by not much, worst case get flogged.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
I'm not sure where the suddent hubris is coming from. This will be a tough match and difficult to win.

It's also been raining in Auckland most of the week; today was showers, thunderstorms with a chance of hail and tomorrow is forecast for rain all day.
http://www.metservice.com/towns-cities/auckland/auckland-central

Predicting a win isn't hubris, although Kiwis consider any prediction of victory over their team to be so. Predicting an easy win would be hubris.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
I'm still clinging to the hope that the ABs have a few tricks up their sleeves. I know Hansen let slip that the lineout move that Richie scored from against the Boks was supposed to be saved for the RWC.

Its going to be a cracker no matter what the score and a good build up for the RWC.

pjm

Billy Sheehan (19)
Not enough changes were made to the AB's. They're trying to hold the ship together with tape but it's all coming apart just prior to the end.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
The only performance Cooper's should be compared with is Foley. Both will have started two tests at 10 and neither have seized their opportunity. The media and conitinued focus on his performance is just crazy. Even Kafer has called it Cheika's biggest selection gamble of the year. Utter crap. There are 22 other players out there and the selection of many of those is a far more interesting story.

Certainly compare him with Foley, but if he has as pitiful a game as Foley did last week, then they both need to be compared against a standard that we (or the coaching staff) regard to be the minimum required to play RWC. ATM neither is doing that imo.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Predicting a win isn't hubris, although Kiwis consider any prediction of victory over their team to be so. Predicting an easy win would be hubris.

No it's not, but when some people are saying we're far superior and we'll win by 20 plus etc, that it hubris.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
With all my heart I want a win in Auckland, just to get the monkey off our back. But my head says a close loss, <10 points. I don't think we have improved our execution enough yet to think we'll beat NZ at home. But gee, its nice to daydream.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I am anticipating a tight, low scoring game, especially if wet. Could go either way, but if we have both Giteau and Beale on before the 60 minute mark, I expect the ABs to win by 8 - 12. If Giteau isn't needed to play 9, then Wallabies by 3 - 7.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Yesh, White getting injured early is the worst-case scenario.

If Beale can really cause us to lose in that way, then he shouldn't be on the bench. Fortunately it's his character that's in dispute, not his capabilities as a substitute back. He's had one really poor performance in gold, and he slipped over once while taking a kick. He's not the walking disaster area of popular mythology.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
I have seen a couple of articles today discussing the game where McCaw has suggested that it would be helpful if the crowd stuck it to Quade. I am not quite sure if they need any encouragement but I did find that a little surprising considering he had made a point of asking the Kiwi crowd to give Quade a break from the heckling a couple of years ago. Sounds to me like the boys in black are sweating this one.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yeah jolly, where did you see those articles?? Were they in Aus or NZ press because I surely haven't seen them.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Did the crowd have any issues with QC (Quade Cooper) in Dunedin a couple of years ago? Memory says no but could be wrong. Really think they are over it and yet we see the same tired articles 4 years on.

Status
Not open for further replies.