• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Become a Friend of the Scarf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
PaarlBok said:
Geez Doc , can I put in a few Rands? Dont want to pay commision and all the kak. Maybe Moses/Blue have a SA account and I'll pay it in there and they can add it in Aus dollars in TYS's account?
Hi Paarl,
I'll send you a PM, might be able to sort something out.

Thanks to all the donators to date, I've already bought the new forum software and I've started working on the migration... good news is all posts, threads and forums migrated across perfectly. Still knocking my head against the wall to bring through avatars, attachments and PMs, but we'll get there eventually.

C

chief

Moses said:
PaarlBok said:
Geez Doc , can I put in a few Rands? Dont want to pay commision and all the kak. Maybe Moses/Blue have a SA account and I'll pay it in there and they can add it in Aus dollars in TYS's account?
Hi Paarl,

Thanks to all the donators to date, I've already bought the new forum software and I've started working on the migration... good news is all posts, threads and forums migrated across perfectly. Still knocking my head against the wall to bring through avatars, attachments and PMs, but we'll get there eventually.

Sweet- I'm pretty keen for the rugbypedia or whatever it is.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Brilliant effort so far guys. It's really appreciated.

Could the following donators contact me - we can't figure out your username to thank you.

TJO'C
GP
JC

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Scarfy,

Can you put this up as a sticky and I will donate when I can sneak the $$ past the boss.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Quote from: Moses on Yesterday at 01:47:08 AM
Quote from: PaarlBok on November 27, 2009, 08:40:08 AM
Hi Paarl,

I can organise something in SA so Paarl PM me your email address if your'e still keen.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Guys - magnificent effort to date, thanks. :thumb

For those who haven't donated yet, please remember that just $5-$10 makes a big difference.
So just have a coupla beers fewer tonight and you've got your donation right there.

thanks again, this is enabling us to do a whole bunch of stuff the site really needs.

Gaggs

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
yeah, I am notable by my absence so far. Will be donating. Within the next few days.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
chief said:
Any dates on when all this forum software will shift over?
It'll be a few weeks at least, which is what the off season's for :sharpe:

I'm still waiting for vBulletin 4.0 Gold to be released as I wouldn't want to run a beta version on the live site. I do however have the beta going in development, and have the blog partially integrated with that as well.

Still tweaking it though, and once they're working on our development server I'll open it up for testing to anyone who wants to be involved in the QA process.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Stay tuned: revolutionary and exciting apparel opportunity in the pipeline! (did someone say T-shirt?)

Also looking into advertising / sponsorship opportunities, although keen not to fark up the look and feel of the place.

If anyone has a good potential sponsor / business partner contact or idea, please drop me a pm.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
It looks like donations are tailing off at around $900 mark. :yay Fantastic effort everyone - I thank all of you sincerely. :huxley It makes our effort really worthwhile when you guys are prepared to front up in support.

Moses has disapeared into the shed and is tooling around with the soldering iron. We're not sure when he will reappear but it is sure to be awesome when he does.

What this also allows us to do is to get better hosting. We're moving from an amateur set-up to something a little more serious. This money will keep us afloat for a year or two, at which point we may have some revenue generation in place - not necessarily advertising, though.

So, thanks again to the G&GR community. Donations can be made at any time though the button on the front page.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Blue said:
Quote from: Moses on Yesterday at 01:47:08 AM
Quote from: PaarlBok on November 27, 2009, 08:40:08 AM
Hi Paarl,

I can organise something in SA so Paarl PM me your email address if your'e still keen.
Is your Pm still the same? have it at the office and will PM you.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Blue I have PMed you, let me know.

Only one condition Doc, the title, have to be Boer General.

Status
Not open for further replies.