• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Become a Friend of the Scarf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
G'day everyone,

As the Wallaby season comes to a close tomorrow, the players will start to look to the off-season. Here at the Green and Gold, we've decided to use our off-season time (and money) to revamp the site and to add new functionality and stability to the blog and the forum. We particularly want to:
- better integrate the blog with the forum
- build a Ruggapedia - like a user-built Wisden of Australian rugby

And he wouldn't complain about it for a minute, but Moses has been carrying the monthly hosting costs since the site relaunched 12 months ago. It's not much, but we may have to upgrade our hosting at some point if we run into any more issues there.

So, to cover the ongoing costs of running G&GR and to fund these changes, we need to raise some funds which will be used for operational costs such as hosting and also for the planned software upgrades.

There is a Paypal link below if you’d like to donate, or if you prefer a direct bank transfer then send a personal message to Moses directly. Anyone who donates will get some form of recognition that shows next to your name each time you post in the forum.

In summary, I do think that this site is pretty awesome for a bunch of amateurs. If you look at the company we're in (e.g., The UK Telegraph's Top 20 Rugby Web Sites), you'll see that we're the only guys who are still doing it for the love of it, and not for money. Every cent will be put back into the site's awesomeness.

DONATE HERE: http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/donate/

Major thanks to all our current and future supporters.

C

chief

Sounds good, just to check with these upgrades to new forum software, will we still be keeping the previous posts? Or is it fresh start?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Geez Doc , can I put in a few Rands? Dont want to pay commision and all the kak. Maybe Moses/Blue have a SA account and I'll pay it in there and they can add it in Aus dollars in TYS's account?

Edit: for a minute I thought I am still in TSF. :nta:

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
There is an import from smf to vbulletin that is supposed to migrate all content, apparently works quite well too. I'll be testing it on a backup of the db first to see how well it goes

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Moses said:
There is an import from smf to vbulletin that is supposed to migrate all content, apparently works quite well too. I'll be testing it on a backup of the db first to see how well it goes
Thanks Boet!

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I'm willing to help out in any way possible. I may not be that smart but I can lift heavy things.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Mate - you managed to lift your credit card - well done!

Thanks to you and the others who have already kicked off the donations, well done fellas.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Being pissed is an excellent time to make a financial decision such as this. Plus, the wife has usually gone to bed by then.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Scarfman said:
Being pissed is an excellent time to make a financial decision such as this. Plus, the wife has usually gone to bed by then.
Sound advice, one question , what is a average amount per poster we aiming here? Oom Paarl have a little Xmas bonus and dont want you lot to take a laugh and also still want to go play touchies on the beach next month.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Lindommer said:
Whom do I give a couple of bottles of wine to? :nta: :nta: :nta:

Me. I'll at least appreciate them. Saw a 1997 Tahblik Shiraz the other day for €15, which I have my eyes on, too...

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Paarl, last time the donations started at 10 AUD = 76 ZAR. We had a couple of rich people like naza put in a little more.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
cyclopath said:
Lindommer said:
Whom do I give a couple of bottles of wine to?:nta: :nta: :nta:
Whose wine are you giving away, Mountain-man?

Don't worry, Pedallist, not yours. I was thinking of giving Gagger some good stuff from my cellar.

Does Moses know what wine is? I know he drinks beer like a camel but I've never seen him with a glass of wine in his hand.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Scarfman said:
Paarl, last time the donations started at 10 AUD = 76 ZAR. We had a couple of rich people like naza put in a little more.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.
Thanks Doc, I'll give me my portion, waiting for Moses. Still Oom Paarl will try and contribute as much as he can being a Scarfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.