• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Battle of the Blood Red: Lions v Queensland Reds 8th June 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Did Tim Horan just say that Farrelll as 19 year old played with with his dad as a 34/35 year old. Obviously went to the Pulver school of arithmetic. edit no - I think it was Clark

When the Force toured the UK in 2008, Andy Farrell and Owen Farrell both took the field at the same time for Saracens. I believe this was the first time this has happened. Andy was 16 when Owen was born.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Lucas makes a break, then loses it. Goes to North again, he chips ahead and it goes out 22m out.

Taken quickly to Shipperley, wipe to Davies, inside to Frisby, Reds in!!

Ted S Hunter

Peter Burge (5)
Mate, I don't know what game you're watching, but he's carried it a few times into contact with the odd poor offload.

His ability to go into contact isn't in question, he looks fine when he does, it is compete and utter brain farts of when to make his high risk offloads and when to just take the ball to ground. Somehow he seems to look scared of being tackled at times, when he just needs to go to ground and stop throwing miracle balls in contact. They are always a low percentage play!

That was a quality try, and Frisby has done really well tonight!

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Mate, I don't know what game you're watching, but he's carried it a few times into contact with the odd poor offload.

Carrying into contact is easy, have you seen him when he's had an opportunity to compete in a ruck, he actively backs off.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Fuck Yeah
Reds back in it with frisby going over on the back of some great team play.
Davies has looked dangerous all game, puts Frisby in.
12-19 with the conversion missed 64min gone. Lions still in the lead.
Harris kicking now. Easy kick missed.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
His ability to go into contact isn't in question, he looks fine when he does, it is compete and utter brain farts of when to make his high risk offloads and when to just take the ball to ground. Somehow he seems to look scared of being tackled at times, when he just needs to go to ground and stop throwing miracle balls in contact. They are always a low percentage play!

That was a quality try, and Frisby has done really well tonight!

Not disagreeing with you. He needs to lower his error rate.

But was disputing ACR's claim about Cooper not taking it into contact this game. Missing an eye there, maybe.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Carrying into contact is easy, have you seen him when he's had an opportunity to compete in a ruck, he actively backs off.

There was one when the Lions were 10 out. He had a great opportunity the get in there and slow the ball but he held back and went into the defence. Very poor.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Short Lions kick off, they reclaim in front of Taps, then lose it. Cooper kicks deep, and Hogg knocks on under pressure from Davies.

Crowd getting into it.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
This Lions front row is better than the starting one, I'd say.

Reds will do well to stay steady here.

Ted S Hunter

Peter Burge (5)
Not disagreeing with you. He needs to lower his error rate.

But was disputing ACR's claim about Cooper not taking it into contact this game. Missing an eye there, maybe.

He has been better this game, but still no where near the kind of hard arse mentality Robbie is after. I can't see his work in contact or desire to play with physicality being enough tonight

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Lucas is at halfback currently.

19 - 12 to the Lions, that Cooper missed penalty and Harris missed conversion are hurting I bet right now.

Reds go off the back of the scrum.

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
Liked the two halfwitted twats in the crowd giving it large to Hogg after his knock on. Probably too soft to have ever stepped onto a rugby pitch. Lol

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Lions counter ruck after rushing up. Good work Lions.

They clear to about 35m out.

Lucas out in back play.

Status
Not open for further replies.