• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Ballymore Redevelopment

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
Grace Grace at Ballymore today visiting the Australian Womens 7s team who are training there in the lead-up to the Olympics..

Wonder whether we will see the $$ to fund the Eastern Stand redevelopment that includes the Aussie Womens 7s relocating..QLD have an election coming up and the Federal Government has thrown a bit of cash around recently towards Netball Australia, Womens Football and $40million for Leichhardt.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Grace Grace at Ballymore today visiting the Australian Womens 7s team who are training there in the lead-up to the Olympics..

Wonder whether we will see the $$ to fund the Eastern Stand redevelopment that includes the Aussie Womens 7s relocating..QLD have an election coming up and the Federal Government has thrown a bit of cash around recently towards Netball, Football and $40million for Leichhardt.
While the QLD Labor government is trying to buy an election rugby should put their hand out.

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
The masterplan put forward 2 options for the main stand upgrade, one was $100million, the other $40million.

The knockdown and rebuild of McLean Stand at Ballymore was $31million, Brookvale's new stand was $36million.
I think $40million is a decent chunk for these suburban grounds like Leichhardt/Ballymore/Brookvale if they're done right.

FWIW, under this grant Leichhardt will get a new Northern Stand, upgraded bowl and new seating throughout ft. horrific colour palette
Masterplan for Leichhardt Oval featuring a new northern grandstand

Last edited:

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
The masterplan put forward 2 options for the main stand upgrade, one was $100million, the other $40million.

The knockdown and rebuild of McLean Stand at Ballymore was $31million, Brookvale's new stand was $36million.
I think $40million is a decent chunk for these suburban grounds like Leichhardt/Ballymore/Brookvale if they're done right.

FWIW, under this grant Leichhardt will get a new Northern Stand, upgraded bowl and new seating throughout ft. horrific color palette
Masterplan for Leichhardt Oval featuring a new northern grandstand
I am sure it will be changed to some type of dot painting from the local community, I doubt that is the final design

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
So there was a press release today… got my hopes up. 7s program to relocate to ballymore. Open up article and it’s contingent on the funding of new high performance building being financed.

don’t understand why Daniel Herbert is doing this kind of announcement in front of public/media via press release… why not reach out to the govt stakeholders and get your ducks in a row first and deliver the news once it’s approved

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
So there was a press release today… got my hopes up. 7s program to relocate to ballymore. Open up article and it’s contingent on the funding of new high performance building being financed.

don’t understand why Daniel Herbert is doing this kind of announcement in front of public/media via press release… why not reach out to the govt stakeholders and get your ducks in a row first and deliver the news once it’s approved

Timing of this press release following Grace Grace visit to Aussie 7's at Ballymore can't be coincidental.
I'd say any release like this was done in consultation with the govt stakeholders who've asked them to make it, and/or to push it through public channels to garner up a bit more support.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)

Well, it probably doesn't help that this year's state election will have a lot of punters thinking of the the shit show Miles has caused with his veto of both the Gabba and Vic Park plans.

So, I'd imagine the current government is a little gun shy being out in front of a stadium potentially announcing more funding as the whole premise of the QSAC idea is to save us money in a "cost of living crisis".

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
That’s why it’s a new high performance training precinct for the Aussie Women’s 7s Olympic teams ;), grandstand aspect is just a coincidence.

Speaking of which, the Aussie 7's doing an open session on Saturday at 10:20 if you want to head down.

Last edited: