• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Ballymore redevelopment approved

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
can we assume that with Ballymore going under (I assume it was pretty bad? Haven't seen many pics in fact), that the development won't happen?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
well that's good news then. I haven't seen any footage, heard the Reds were sandbagging there and assumed with the creek just there, it suffered.

That's great.

T

TOCC

Ballymore is largely a floodplain, and some of the older sections like parts of the grandstand get flooded almost every few years.. The Reds members bar near the creek was also flood susceptible as well, but thats been mostly demolished now.

But the Ballymore Development project was designed with Q100(1 in 100year flood) policy in mind, an example of that was how the 'sports medicine'?? building had the bottom level purely as a carpark.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
From what I hear the sandbagging was mostly the lights and a transformer. The field was untouched by the flood water from all reports. Someone suggested that the Roar play their games there but I don't think it was ever a serious idea.

T

TOCC

Ballymore didnt have appropriate corporate facilities... Skilled Park does

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
half of them are now thong wearers students of different ethic backgrounds riding push bikes or catching the bus on concessions ha ha

Yeah, bloody different ethnic backgrounders.

Where the f*ck are Joh Bjelke Peterson and the WAP when you really need 'em? :rolleyes:

C

chief

Ballymore didnt have appropriate corporate facilities... Skilled Park does

That wasn't the reason at all. Corporate facilities had nothing to do with it.

It was Foxsports have complained about Ballymore's filming locations. The last game filmed there was meant to be a bitch to film. With such bad angles.

T

TOCC

That wasn't the reason at all. Corporate facilities had nothing to do with it.

It was Foxsports have complained about Ballymore's filming locations. The last game filmed there was meant to be a bitch to film. With such bad angles.

i can assure you that Corporate facilities played a massive role in the choice between ground locations(as it does with any professional side these days), the choice isnt up to Foxsports, it is up to the Brisbane Roar, they can take advice from Foxsports but ultimately it is the Brisbane Roar who are paying the costs to hire the ground

C

chief

i can assure you that Corporate facilities played a massive role in the choice between ground locations(as it does with any professional side these days), the choice isnt up to Foxsports, it is up to the Brisbane Roar, they can take advice from Foxsports but ultimately it is the Brisbane Roar who are paying the costs to hire the ground

I tell you right now that the QLD Roar, have limited corporate sponsors. I think most corporate sponsors would rather Ballymore's limited facilities more so than they would enjoy a trip to Skilled Park. It was because of camera's, and I know that for a fact. Corporate Sponsors had absolutely nothing to do with it.

T

TOCC

I tell you right now that the QLD Roar, have limited corporate sponsors. I think most corporate sponsors would rather Ballymore's limited facilities more so than they would enjoy a trip to Skilled Park. It was because of camera's, and I know that for a fact. Corporate Sponsors had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Brisbane Roar CEO seems to think otherwise

Brisbane Roar CEO Peter McLennan said it was a difficult decision to take the games out of Brisbane, but with the current circumstances in the Queensland capital it was the best option. “We were very mindful of our members, fans and corporate partners in making this decision, but we also did not want to stretch the city’s police and traffic resources at this time,” McLennan said.

“These are very difficult and unusual circumstances, ones which have stretched everyone to the limit in Brisbane.
“Skilled Park provides us with the best option for both our members and corporate partners.
“While it is further away than normal, we hope our fans can rally behind the team as they push towards the end of the season and attempt to secure top spot leading into the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.