• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australia Vs Argentina, September 13, Gold Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Of course he would be the same bloke

Whether he would be as dominant is another question. As said earlier you cannot compare players from different eras.

You have to judge players within their own era and against players in THAT era.

Thats why stats are the only way to objectively rate a bloke (in comparison to other players)

Is there a stat for competitive drive? Heart? Mongrel? Hard work? Stats aren't everything...

Sent from my iPhone

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Is there a stat for competitive drive? Heart? Mongrel? Hard work? Stats aren't everything.

Sent from my iPhone

Certainly not in a team sport. In athletics, cycling, swimming or other sports where there is an objective measure of performance no problem. In a sport like rugby or basketball the job is much harder in terms of measurement.

P

Pjmil

Start with 91 & go from there.

1991 WC GF

50:10 - Joins onto a maul in a fully upright position and gets driven back 10m
1:13:15 - Cleans off a half back who was detaching anyway and leaves No. 4 isolated.
1:14:04 - Joins another maul in an upright position
1:20:13 - Makes his cover talk, gets straight back up into position and stops the next pick and drive, great play here.

Doesn't get through much work here. Seems to arrive late to most rucks and just goes to the side. Ineffectual in mauls unless they've already been stopped and then joins.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
1991 ВЦ ГФ

50:10 - Ёинс онто а маул ин а фуллы упригхт поситион анд гец дривен бацк 10м
1:13:15 - Цлеанс офф а халф бацк вхо вас детачинг анывай анд леавес Но. 4 исолатед.
1:14:04 - Ёинс анотхер маул ин ан упригхт поситион
1:20:13 - Макес хис цовер талк, гец страигхт бацк уп инто поситион анд стопс тхе нехт пицк анд дриве, греат плай хере.

Доесньт гет тхроугх муч ворк хере. Сеемс то арриве лате то мост руцкс анд юст гоес то тхе сиде. Инеффецтуал ин маулс унлесс тхейьве алреады беен стоппед анд тхен ёинс.
Fixxed

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Coupla ring ins at Wobs training today:

image.jpg

Second thoughts, maybe they're your kicking coaches? One of them choosing to look away at the crucial moment gave me the tip........

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Not really, Dennis is the captain. Same with Slipper, who I think captained the Reds in Horwill's and Genia's absence on occasion.

Yeah, Hooper wouldn't be in the team anyway if Pocock was fit ;)

Dennis was injured..Hooper is the captain

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
The RG scrum is very good.

On this aspect of the game I think that they have the wood over the Wallabies.

Man, this thread has gone everywhere, from player to player, different eras, now coaches?

Richard Grahams scrum is good? Maybe link will want him as head scrum coach:p

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
So according to ESPN they are expecting less than 15k people to the match. I hope this is the last test match played on the Gold Coast.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Just watched the replay of Aus v Arg from Rosario last year. I think we underestimate how much we miss Ben Mowen. No one ever laments the loss of him while eulogising Noodles Kimlin and Kane Douglas, but he was a proven Wallaby. When he announced he was leaving we all said he would have only lost his spot to Higgers, which in reality hasn't fleshed out.

It's no coincidence that coinciding with him leaving our line out has gone to shit and the balance of the back row is shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.