• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australia v New Zealand - Sydney 16 Aug

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

Pretty sure a I read that the joke at the time amongst players was that Chisholm had the biggest guns in the history of the Wallabies

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
what is a gun?

anchorman62.jpg

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I see there's a package for the Randwick races and the Bledisloe but more applicable would've been a package for Bledisloe and Shute Shield GF tickets.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Mark Chisholm is genuinely massive guy. He was listed at 118kg at the brumbies but was just a big boned, rock solid mountain of muscle. When he came back to brisbane to visit family I used to see him at my local bakery/cafe and I always quietly marveled at the size of the shoulders and hands on him.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I guess the guys who managed to combine both like Mortlock or Roff are all time Wallaby greats.

That said, I think the game is highly skilful now. Defences are incredibly well organised and for most teams, offloading in contact is the best way to break down excellent defences.

I don't think we ever saw the level of offloading previously that we have today and it certainly takes an enermous amount of skill.

I agree in general, but with Mortlock he could bust multiple tackles the way he just kept his legs pumping. At his top, he wouldn't have a problem with current day defenses.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Coincidentally that year in 2009 when Sharpey was benched then missed the spring tour through injury and Chizz and Kev Horwill started most games and we were incredibly dominant in the scrum for the only period in my memory. Fat Cat and Benny A were the props. Food for thought. Powerful Scrummaging locks are as influential in scrum dominance as props

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Mark Chisholm is genuinely massive guy. He was listed at 118kg at the brumbies but was just a big boned, rock solid mountain of muscle. When he came back to brisbane to visit family I used to see him at my local bakery/cafe and I always quietly marveled at the size of the shoulders and hands on him.
He was a popular attraction for the ladies at the kids rego days in Canberra.

Status
Not open for further replies.