• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australia v England @ Twickers 17 Nov 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Actually I would prefer:

9 Sheehan
10 Beale
11 Cummins
12 Harris
13 Taps
14 Ioane
15 Barnes

I think Harris can both hit it up and use his short passing game, while it is good to have Taps slightly wider to use his footwork and offload game.

And I don't think AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) deserves selection until he can learn there is no 'i' in team.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If you were a bad gambler, you'd keep Phipps in the side because he is due for a good game.

It's like when it's been Tails three times in a row. The next one has to be Heads.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
With McCabe out Deans may actually have to implement an attacking game plan. I'd love to see Tapuai play 12 but can see advantages in Barnes or Harris playing there. Harris is a 12 and nothing else so it would do him good to play there.

Elfster

Alex Ross (28)
If you were a bad gambler, you'd keep Phipps in the side because he is due for a good game.

It's like when it's been Tails three times in a row. The next one has to be Heads.

However for some players it seems that they will always have a double tailed coin for the toss up!!!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Actually I would prefer:

9 Sheehan
10 Beale
11 Cummins
12 Harris
13 Taps
14 Ioane
15 Barnes

I think Harris can both hit it up and use his short passing game, while it is good to have Taps slightly wider to use his footwork and offload game.

And I don't think AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) deserves selection until he can learn there is no 'i' in team.

but we don't have a wider game, Timani will crash ball with Digby & possibly Cummins from the blindside through the 12 channel from first phase. We will then go around the corner

I see Taps as a natural 12 and being wasted at 13.

I see your point re AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), my concern is more his defensive work against big units in space, he was owned pretty badly by Fruean.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Here's the reason that I want AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 13

It seems like a long time ago now. I guess the big difference is that all of the players in that backline offered a threat whereas now opposition players can hang off some guys because the don't offer much.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Actually I would prefer:

9 Sheehan
10 Beale
11 Cummins
12 Harris
13 Taps
14 Ioane
15 Barnes

I would go with

9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Digby
12. JOC (James O'Connor)
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. Mitchell
15. Beale

:(

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Fuck, McCabe is what we were missing last time against them.

Yep.

Our midfield defence just got a lot weaker.

Tapuai barely completed half of his attempted tackles against the French, and Barnes' bootlace tackling style leaves us vulnerable to offloads.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yep.

Our midfield defence just got a lot weaker.

Tapuai barely completed half of his attempted tackles against the French, and Barnes' bootlace tackling style leaves us vulnerable to offloads.
because mccabes awsome defence help us win the game on the weekend oh wait

vismyr

Peter Burge (5)
Just wanted to say that I sat up and watched every match of the Spring Tour so far, and Australia hardly fired a shot in the France match, which was very sad to see. While I'm All Black through and through, I support the Wallabies next over any other team, and hope they can put that lose behind them and SMASH THOSE BLOODY POMS!

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
I'm certain we didn't fire any shots because Deans lacks ammunition...

Slim, are you suggesting Deans is firing blanks?

Steady on - I know we don't like the bloke, but that is starting to get a bit personal. ;)

P

Paradox

Dennis is a very lucky man. I hope Taps makes the 12 jumper his own. McCabe has a blinder against NZ and Nonu but he is a 13 at test level.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Some collateral damage is to be expected, particularly with the crude, inaccurate weaponry Phipps has at his disposal.
cap gun.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.