• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australia A - Back on the Cards

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Wouldn’t mind seeing Trevor Hosea in the Aus A squad. He’s due to resume playing again after a bad foot break meant he missed entire Super Rugby season.

Has potential to be the best of all the young locks in the country. A good rotation of Blyth, Smith and Hosea in the 3 games with Frost dropped in for some game time away from the main squad.
I put hosea in but took him out as not sure of injury status so back in he goes as agree chance to get him back in the groove and also take a closer look at him at higher level

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
As a Tahs fan I’d like to see Langi Gleeson given a go at this level. He impressed me in most of his outings, hard, direct running, consistently got over the gain line, high work rate. Understand that players like Uru, Hanigan, Leota are well ahead of him, but like Pollard I think there’s potential there.

Last edited:

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Most of the Islanders who live in OZ pick League over Union, isn't it? It's a cheaper code to follow, to play and to watch on TV. The economic factor is the main reason
I don’t know about play, where I live there is no option of playing League. But 100% the FTA exposure is a huge factor. But let’s be real test rugby is a way bigger stage than league if the island teams can start performing well on that stage it will help get more people watching union again

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
I don’t know about play, where I live there is no option of playing League. But 100% the FTA exposure is a huge factor. But let’s be real test rugby is a way bigger stage than league if the island teams can start performing well on that stage it will help get more people watching union again
The inclusion of Moana and Drua is a HUGE step forward in that race against Mungoball. In Western Sydney and Greater Western Sydney are 10 League clubs per each Rugby club or even more and it's cheaper the registration and all the stuff. Even for Aussie Rules, I heard that AFL is investing a lot in Greater Western Sydney to take as many kids as possible.

Rugby is almost inexistent from Homebush to the west. For that reason the Tahs games in Parramatta has barely crowds. Aussie Rules and soccer has overtake rugby in Greater Western Sydney, TBF that area never has been a Rugby fortress.

Apparently in South Auckland are hundreds of Islanders supporting League. I'm not sure how popular is League in NZ, maybe in Auckland is bigger than other cities but I suspect that Pacific Islanders communities in NZ and OZ are closely related to each other, so for that reason many Islanders support League there. If you talk with the Islanders many of them have brothers or cousins living in NZ, some of them waiting to go to Straya for the Aussie dream.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Too many. I think it's a 30 man squad.

Props: Robertson, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (Harry Johnson-Holmes), Gibbon, Fotuiaka
Hookers: Kaitu'u, Pollard, Uelese
Locks: Smith, Hanigan, Blyth, Hooper (if fit)
Backrow: McReight, Wright, Anstee, Uru, Swinton (what's the go with him?), Harris
Half: Lonergan, Fines
10: Edmed, Donaldson
Centres: Foketi, To'omua, Stewart
Wingers: Mark N (Nawaqanitawase), Daugunu, Pulu, Pietsch/Muirhead
Fullback: Hodge, Campbell

Backrow looks very light with not many carriers I got to say
Like most of that squad. Agree that Hooper, if fit, will be there, maybe at 6 if not lock. Otherwise, I'd have Pasitoa at 10 in place of Donaldson and Kuenzle at centre in place of To'omua or Stewart.

Is Uru eligible? Seems to be some doubt about his eligibilty.

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
Who are all these flyhalfs being named ahead of Carter Gordon??? Donald’s? Meded?

did we not learn anything from Bernard Foley/Michael Hooper/Ned Flanagan how the NSW Warranty players are always overhyped from the interstate counterparts?

clearly NSW toxic political influence in Australian rugby at play here - if the tahs options picked ahead of the most exciting flyhalf prospect since Bernie.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Who are all these flyhalfs being named ahead of Carter Gordon??? Donald’s? Meded?

did we not learn anything from Bernard Foley/Michael Hooper/Ned Flanagan how the NSW Warranty players are always overhyped from the interstate counterparts?

clearly NSW toxic political influence in Australian rugby at play here - if the tahs options picked ahead of the most exciting flyhalf prospect since Bernie.

I’d easily take Edmed over Carter Gordon…

Possibly Pasitoa as well.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)

Do you watch rugby?

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Wouldn’t mind seeing Trevor Hosea in the Aus A squad. He’s due to resume playing again after a bad foot break meant he missed entire Super Rugby season.

Has potential to be the best of all the young locks in the country. A good rotation of Blyth, Smith and Hosea in the 3 games with Frost dropped in for some game time away from the main squad.

does anyone at all have any word on wear he is actually at with his recovery?