• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Argentina v Australia, Mendoza 4/10/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
It would be nice if Owens would check his facts, and penalise arriving players in their feet from either side

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
We're in deep shit here despite the scoreline. Highly fatigued and will keep defending all game and Nigel getting pissed off.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I'm a big fan of Owens normally, but the breakdown is awful. He's allowing players to charge in and flop all over the place, he's pinged us off our feet and playing a couple (fair enough) but completely ignored a few others. I've seen 2 good turnovers by Hooper that he just hasn't given.
The Wallabies need to get out of their half and drive the Argies into their corners. And stop the dumb penalties.
We'll run out of puff at this rate - @Qwerty51 is right

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Too many silly penalties

This is the onging blight of the Wallabies' game. Last week with a 10-5 lead we gave away so many foolish penalties that all hope of building on our lead perished.

Same story here in Mendoza. With a well earned 14-0 lead the momentum shift of that half that's led to the Pumas having so much possession and clawing back 8 points can be traced to lazy runners being penalized for being in front of the kicker shortly followed by Higgers cynical hands in the ruck.

Simple message from Link: stop the flow of penalties & we win.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Great start by the Wallabies, but Argentina are a quality team and fought back well. We need to score early in this second half, already showing signs of fatigue from last week's match and travel. Gutsy defence, but we need to cut out out the dumb penalties - definitely can't afford one in the bin.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
The Men in Gold need to get their hands on the Pill some more and rumble it up to Los Pumas, and force them to expend energy in defence.

We are in danger of getting puffed out and repeating last weeks final 10 minutes performance unless we start dominating some possession and position.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I'm a big fan of Owens normally, but the breakdown is awful. He's allowing players to charge in and flop all over the place, he's pinged us off our feet and playing a couple (fair enough) but completely ignored a few others. I've seen 2 good turnovers by Hooper that he just hasn't given.
The Wallabies need to get out of their half and drive the Argies into their corners. And stop the dumb penalties.
We'll run out of puff at this rate - @Qwerty51 is right

Barnes reffed the same style in Jo'burg

Status
Not open for further replies.