• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Argentina v Australia, 8am Sunday 1 Sep (AEST) - TRC Round 3

K974

Allen Oxlade (6)
Yes, but in and out of australia for 30yrs so big Wallaby fan ,
Joe was successful with ireland undoubtedly, the 19 rwc 1/4 they were missing 6 key players, nz 19 they were found out by then but other than them he got us to no 1

the issue ultimately and why they ran out of road was the ultra attritional game plan and toward the end the players were just tired.

this difference with the layered gameplan with mostly same players , Farrell introduced fed is remarkable

it’s well documented the teacher / dictator type show he runs , look up andrew potter peter o mahony comments

from a kind of outsider the 40+ phases everthing thru 9&10 doesn’t suit the Australian mindset

he’ll undoubtedly make australia hard to beat tho

Last edited:

dru

David Wilson (68)
Pumas showing how to do a short kicking game in these conditions. [On the back of improving D by our forwards]

K974

Allen Oxlade (6)
You are now a power nation thanks in part of Joe Schmidt
Yes very much agreed

but ultimately it needed Farrell to evolve it , bring nuanace like a earlier poster highlighted is missing

. This isn’t à criticism schidmt brought irrland from no where to a world no 1 ranking in 2018, and if he did the same with australia now we’d all be happy even if every game is a 12-6 win

What I’m trying to say, is that the gameplan was highly attritional and limited , eg 27 phases

and I think both that style with the resources australia have he isn’t a perfect Match.

a stodgy , formulated, play by numbers style married ok with Ireland , traditionally australia have far better ball players

schidmt style needs a bread and butter 10 which I can’t see in noah

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Well we are still in it, been a bit rough. Hopefully we get a bit more attack. I'm not going to bitch about anyone... I'll big up a few Tupou Bell Fesslar good. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) and Frost going good. Backrow alright. Wright and ikitau best of the backs