• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

All Blacks Look Dizzy In Head..Troubles Ahead..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Quality rant!

By Ben Perkins (@blazing_ben) "Kicking coach to big stars of AFL Rugby Giteau,Tredrea, Buddy, Roughy,Eales, Flatley,Mortlock,Rogers,Lote.Many more,Rev Ups,rugby and afl writer tipster"

from here http://blog.sportsbetting.com.au/

All Blacks Look Dizzy In Head..Troubles Ahead..

The All Blacks will smash South Africa this weekend, but it will mean
nothing other than a false dawn for NZ. Personally I am dumbfounded by
their conservative, dour, and austere selections. It could easily be
their downfall come the big games.

Picking Nonu and Conrad Smith in the centres is a joke I think. Then
selecting fellow “Hurricane” Corey Jane on the wing is hysterical
. I
would not have him anywhere near the side. He is a battler at best. He
kicks like the original pop gun, with a very short string on it…that
remains nice and loose after triggering. It staggers me they have
chosen him…or any of them really. Three Hurricane losers!!
If the All Blacks think these blokes can outwit, and out magic the
Wallaby backs, they are insane.

Modern rugby requires magic to be the difference, and if you want to
win the World Cup, you have to gamble on brilliance, and being
different. Picking good honest tacklers, who don’t have the magic wont
cut it… And Nonu is good for a few penalties, or yellow cards as
well… Nz also has only Weepu at 9 . They have no other 9 with any
ability. Jimmy Cowan’s style went out in with the 70′s. Sensational
courage and nothin else…and I mean nothin. His kicking is a
liability, and he believes in it! Thankyou Jimmy…Sorry you missed
the Rhodes Scholarship..Unlucky! and the Crusader 9.. what a
dud….with his low down baggy pants and irrational ideas on the field
based around selfish insanity… Nz are in big trouble, and selecting
austere players will not be good enough.

If NZ want to win the World Cup, they have to gamble on Sonny Bill.
Some smart people believe he is not up to it. They believe he will let
you down. I say you have to gamble to find out… because if he is
great and brilliant, you are so much closer to winning, because you
will have tries on the board, not just shots on goal. So picking a
Hurricane filled backline, instead of a Crusader back line is deluded
in conservatism, that passes as a bland colorless straight jacket.
Corey Jane, they are kidding! He is not even fast. All he has is a bit
of guts… and he is not even big, so out leaping some body for a high
ball is no lock either.

NZ coach Graham Henry could easily be making a huge mistake in his
selection policy. Corey Jane.. Henry is nuts! He will be made look
stupid against good players… and his ten meter kicks should be a
great treat to look forward to! Nz has begun their campaign looking
like losers. My advice is, do not bet on them at this stage….in fact
lay them for plenty….Will some body please tell Graham Henry, its
not 1984 anymore… He should be getting up each morning saying to
himself.. “Shake and Wake”… At this stage his practised speech to
his team seems to be ;” Lets keep it nice and tight”….”Nice and
tight”…. nice and tight for those buckles on the jacket I predict.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
I think if you read between the lines he believes Cory is a fine rugby player with great imagination and flair.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
Amusing rant but so, so far off the mark. No team has ever won the RWC in the pro era by straying from their well ingrained, reliable true & tested patterns that took them to the top to begin with. It's exactly the crystal meth thinking of Perkins that costs teams tournaments. Executing under pressure, keeping one's composure in the big spots wins big games.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
As good as that Perkins rant is and it is quality, I don't agree. As Riptide pointed out, settled line ups and well developed game plans win the RWC. If you don't know who your best match day 22 is a few weeks out, then I would suggest there is no hope. I think that Henry has been overly conservative with his selections and that some of the players have crested the hill in terms of form, but they are still most likely to be the best lineup the All Blacks can present.

I'd be interested who apart from Sonny Bill Benny recommends? He spent a lot of time having a crack and not a lot offering alternatives.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
I'd be interested who apart from Sonny Bill Benny recommends? He spent a lot of time having a crack and not a lot offering alternatives.

No Conrad Smith certainly. He's probably too dull. I'll speculate that he'd pair Nonu with SBW and I imagine he'd choose a high wire back three act from among Ranger, Magaga, Sivi and Dagg.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I have to admit that I haven't seen a lot of Smith this year, but I reckon is seasons past he has added a great pass, ability to read the play and securing of the ball at the breakdown. He's also a very secure tackler. None of the other outside centres I've seen in NZ have held a candle to him up until the emergence of Fruen.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
FFS guys. Did you not see the "All Blecks 2010 - a but shut?" thread last year? We came out of that one just a bit red in the face. Sure, picking a Canes backline wasnt smart, but having gits-mccabe-AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) couldnt have been much better.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Must confess I rather like Dagg. but then I like Jane and Toeava. And Gear.

As for Perkins, shameless hedging play by sportbetting.com.au.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
I have to admit that I haven't seen a lot of Smith this year, but I reckon is seasons past he has added a great pass, ability to read the play and securing of the ball at the breakdown. He's also a very secure tackler. None of the other outside centres I've seen in NZ have held a candle to him up until the emergence of Fruen.

Smith is pure class for sure. Added to Dan Carter makes for a steel backbone to AB play.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
The ABs backs are really very different to the Wallabies backs now. Henry's selections are unapologetically conservative. We on the other hand have no choice - our good players are who they are. Now we get to test all those truisms about conservatism winning World Cups.

U

Utility Back

Do not see where he's coming from, All blacks lost one game last year and that was to us in our fourth match by a point in the 82nd minute (or something).
Gear, Smith and Nonu are bloody quality players and combined with dan carter and weepu is unreal to say the least as they've showed over and over again.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
Have to agree. This NZ starting XV has pace, power, skill and experience and some oomph off the bench. They have well tested combinations and have been the form team over the last 18 months. Frankly, I dont think we'll see this team folding and going into their shell under the pressure of a RWC knockout game, and that team understanding and composure means a hell of a lot more than having more X-factor players who may or may not handle that particular type of pressure in a big spot.

FairWeatherAussie

Ted Fahey (11)
I agree with all of the above. Plus with PDV effectively turning this weekends game into an opposed back line practice for kiwis I'm sure Henry is opting to try out a few of the fringe players such as Jane (who is class I might add!)

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Since when is the rwc won or lost by one winger anyway?

I think Perkins better have a look at comparative merits of their forwards before his next rant.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
NZ still have a somewhat competitive fight for starting places at 1, 5, 9, 12, 11 and 14 and bench in that one could credibly make the case for any one of two different players to start in those positions. That is enough to ensure intensity doesn't drop in any game coming into the tournament. If Jane or anyone else fails to fire against this inept looking Bok outfit, there are just no excuses. And the basics will be scrutinized.. missing a basic tackle is not on and redemption cannot be found in an 80 meter dash to score a try in the corner against a weak opposition. Any player who fails to perform on the fringe of selection will be gone.

I

Scotty

David Codey (61)
As an aside I was at a lunch where Alan jones spoke and he said the all blacks would win the rwc. The only reason they wouldn't would be due to picking some guys that were just a little over the hill. Not sure who he was referring to, guessing thorn and mealamu, but I can't see who they would have in their team ahead of these two.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)

I think Perkins better have a look at comparative merits of their forwards before his next rant.

Yes. A comparison of tight head lock or the middle lineout jumpers is probably much more appropriate.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
As an aside I was at a lunch where Alan jones spoke and he said the all blacks would win the rwc. The only reason they wouldn't would be due to picking some guys that were just a little over the hill. Not sure who he was referring to, guessing thorn and mealamu, but I can't see who they would have in their team ahead of these two.

Likewise. There is the issue of Mils looking quite vulnerable in the Super15, but Mils experience will have to get the nod against his competition (Dagg, Toeva who are both coming back from injury anyway). The AB lineout can be viewed as being their weak spot along with questions on their ability to keep their heads under the pressure they will be under.

meatsack

Ward Prentice (10)

Kiwi fans tend to blame just one person. See the 'Duck' in Hong Kong. They don't blame Carter missing all those penalty kicks, they blamed Duck for not kicking it out. Even players who missed tackles leading to the try weren't blamed. If the fans see CJ as a weak link and the ABs go out you can bet a knock on he did in the 30th minute will be the 'reason' the All Blacks lost.

That said I don't think CJ is playing for a XV spot, Henry is just looking at him for a potential squad member.

Status
Not open for further replies.