• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

All Blacks Look Dizzy In Head..Troubles Ahead..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Since when is the rwc won or lost by one winger anyway?

I think Perkins better have a look at comparative merits of their forwards before his next rant.

I guess the best example of this in Lomu in 95. He was awesome and the AB's still couldn't win.

Some would argue Campo in 91 was a major reason the Wallabies won but he wasn't the only reason.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Likewise. There is the issue of Mils looking quite vulnerable in the Super15, but Mils experience will have to get the nod against his competition (Dagg, Toeva who are both coming back from injury anyway). The AB lineout can be viewed as being their weak spot along with questions on their ability to keep their heads under the pressure they will be under.

As an Aussie I wouldn't mind seeing Toeva selected. He's good at Super Rugby level but in the past has been flaky in tests where the pressure is greater. The Wallabies would target his wing, I think, by running at it as opposed to kicking to it.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Is Perkins a Kiwi or an Aussie?

I think there is a few oldies in the AB's that should be dropped but won't as Henry will stick buy them.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
I hate this guy, of all the teams to motivate why pick the Kiwi's.

Articles 'motivating' teams are like the mockers gods: a fiction. I can hardly imagine Dan Carter getting Richie McCaw to read it to him and then getting all motivated to win instead of not bothering.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Articles 'motivating' teams are like the mockers gods: a fiction. I can hardly imagine Dan Carter getting Richie McCaw to read it to him and then getting all motivated to win instead of not bothering.

Are you implying Carter can't read?

J

Jay

As an Aussie I wouldn't mind seeing Toeva selected. He's good at Super Rugby level but in the past has been flaky in tests where the pressure is greater. The Wallabies would target his wing, I think, by running at it as opposed to kicking to it.

Other than Hong Kong last year, I don't recall a poor test performance from him since before the last World Cup. He just gets injured too much.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Old Cory Jane had a very good wingers game last night. Good player. Similar winger to JOC (James O'Connor), but not a similar rugby player.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Other than Hong Kong last year, I don't recall a poor test performance from him since before the last World Cup. He just gets injured too much.

Toeva is back, and he hasn't lost a metre. In the ITM cup today he chased down a loosie with the line open 10 metres ahead on the diagonal. He cut him down carrying so much pace that he clean took him off his feet from behind. Didn't even have to scrag him.

crangs81

Larry Dwyer (12)
Kiwi fans tend to blame just one person. See the 'Duck' in Hong Kong. They don't blame Carter missing all those penalty kicks, they blamed Duck for not kicking it out. Even players who missed tackles leading to the try weren't blamed. If the fans see CJ as a weak link and the ABs go out you can bet a knock on he did in the 30th minute will be the 'reason' the All Blacks lost.

You wouldn't believe how much that pisses me off. Maybe not living in NZ for 12 years has given me perspective but it really is embarrassing

Status
Not open for further replies.