• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Ali Williams - haka

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Did you see where Ali Williams was standing during the haka? Once again, 2nd game in a row, he was in front of the 40m line, which is against the IRB regulations.

Time to get rid of all regulations around the haka?

Time to get rid of the haka?

Or will the IRB actually show some balls and fine the kiwis for flaunting the rules?

U

undercoverkiwi

I think Williams shoiuld be banned for life. He should probably go to jail as well. It's a disgrace to rugby and humanity that he advanced over the line. I'm so furious I reckon I'll write letter about it.

Reido

Sydney Middleton (9)
This whole haka thing has gotten ridiculous. My cousin last night refuses to call it the haka anymore, she now refers to it as the haha as it is such a joke!!!!!

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
I didn't think it was one of their best hakas (if I have found the correct plural). The overacting is getting extreme, doing it every week is clearly affecting the quality of their performance.

Rebel rouser

Ted Fahey (11)
undercover, clearly none of us giove a fuck where the **** stands, it's just that our womyn's team got a fine from the iRB for crossing the line against the bloody haka, then so should Ali.

Nail, head.

What's good for the goose, is good for the gander. The IRB need to show consistency on this one, or else we - and everyone else - should just start walking up in their faces again.

Btw, Ali Williams seems to recently have stepped over the line from passionate about the haka to pure making a fool of himself. It is major comedy factor. See the pic in the SMH today:
http://www.smh.com.au/photogallery/...s-trophy-20110827-1jfso.html?selectedImage=25

A

Army_Gav

Noticed that. Boys should of staired them down longer, thought something was on when they didn't link arms.

If Ali advances so should we. Knob.

T

TOCC

similar to the wallaroos, i really dont see what the issue is in a player who overstepped the line by 1-2m in a action which had zero influence on the game...

T

TOCC

In saying that, there is obviously a need to maintain the image of the game, and actions like the Wallabies in the 1990's(96 i think?) when they turned there backs on the All Blacks during the haka is obviously not cool...

But if they Wallabies and All Blacks want to stand kissing distance apart during the haka, then they should be allowed to do so

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I think the haka was fantastic. There is nothing more traditional to the original land owners of NZ than a traditional war dance about rugby. Its all about tradition and the NZ natives often used to sing and dance about it before they discovered what it was.

Just ban it, it's over, SBW would agree unless it can get corporate sponsorship it shouldn't be seen.

A

Army_Gav

In saying that, there is obviously a need to maintain the image of the game, and actions like the Wallabies in the 1990's(96 i think?) when they turned there backs on the All Blacks during the haka is obviously not cool...

But if they Wallabies and All Blacks want to stand kissing distance apart during the haka, then they should be allowed to do so
[video=youtube;FfX5G3jIXWQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfX5G3jIXWQ&feature=related[/video]

Z

Zeno

I think last night's monkey dance was the one that doesn't end with them doing a little star jump. The jumpy one is better; this one just ends flat.

Rebel rouser

Ted Fahey (11)

Everyone has seen this clip now, but I'm going to put it here again.

a) Because it's funny
b) Because it shows for over 50 years in the early 1900s the all blacks did the haka to the crowd, not the other team. Look at the clip! So why is it in the modern era is it all regulated that you have to stand here, facing this way and blah blah blah.

If you ARE going to put in regulations, you must stick to them for BOTH teams.

[video=youtube;emJyEa4z2Ec]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emJyEa4z2Ec[/video]

T

TOCC

Everyone has seen this clip now, but I'm going to put it here again.

a) Because it's funny
b) Because it shows for over 50 years in the early 1900s the all blacks did the haka to the crowd, not the other team. Look at the clip! So why is it in the modern era is it all regulated that you have to stand here, facing this way and blah blah blah.

If you ARE going to put in regulations, you must stick to them for BOTH teams.

the Wallabies also used to do a war dance, times have evolved...

slaven

Frank Row (1)
Am I right in thinking that the AB's have never lost until last night after doing the Kapo O Pango Haka (sorry if that's the wrong spelling)?

J

Jay

Am I right in thinking that the AB's have never lost until last night after doing the Kapo O Pango Haka (sorry if that's the wrong spelling)?

I'm about 90% sure they did it at least one of the SA tests they lost in 09. The Hamilton one, I suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.