• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AAGPS cricket 2024-25

bringitbck

Frank Row (1)
Hey fellas here is the eagerly awaited Newington Seconds, lets us know your opinions

The Newington college seconds will Have a deep bag of players, with many players who carry the resume to play in the side that have unfortunately missed out. I will be eagerly awaiting how this team shapes up coming off a strong premiership last year. Notable watches in the side are Kip webster who is deadly with bat placed in the lower order as he struggled last season but rest assured his power hitting prowess will be on show this year, other mentions are the likes of Tyson hunt or better known as the rhino who brings significant speed with the ball in hand and a solid defence with the bat which will be key in their closer games but coming in to his last year he will be sure to give it a god run. Hamish hunter or better known as the muffin can not be overlooked although missing from a feature in the first XI, rest assured he is more than capable of dominating in the second XI with a small stint last year he didn’t get the run he deserved, his quality batting technique and Kholi esq on drive combined with his tricky offspinners mean he will be the key to this team finding success this year. With experienced coach sandy jones taking time away from his work with NSW academy the seconds will be in good hands, the experience he brings to the side will give them the guidance they need to forget the pressure of going back to back and focused on the games ahead. The teams depth and quality with bat and ball will make it hard for them to not look steadfastly towards securing another premiership.

2024 2nd projected XI brackets= last years side

1.Lachlan Richmond (2nds)

2.Hugh pockley (3rds)

3.THE muffin (2nd XI )

4.Felix ancher (3rds)

5.Tiger bocking (2nd XI)

6.Lachie shaw (16As)

7.Tyeson hunt or rhino (3rds)

8.Reve Harvey palmer (2nd XI)

9.Kip Webster (15B’s)

10.O Fikke if uninjured otherwise / henry lapham (4th XI)

11.Brandan Mitchel (16as)

Coach: sandy jones

Manager- Hochuli

All the best to the College

Last edited:

Roshan_98*

Frank Row (1)
In shocking new developments, star players Roshan Thangavelu (known for his stalwart display evident in his 98* on the prestigious Johnson 1) and Lachlan Sinclair (the sharpest all rounder & fine leg in the game) have been allowed to play another season of GPS cricket due to a technicality. Whilst donning the Third XI caps last year due to external academy t20 commitments disallowing them from playing 1s and 2s, they will be raring to experience their first taste of First XI cricket in 24-25. Their prowess with ball and bat is unparalleled and, direct quote from Sandy Jones, "they were two of the finest players, nay gentleman that I have ever laid eyes on".

Salutations & sincerely
RT_98

CutOutBallFanatic

Frank Nicholson (4)
Morning Fellas,

Does anybody have a predicted St Ignatius Lineup for 2025? I'm sure they are looking to improve after a disappointing 2024 season.

TFB
Pretty hard to predict that team with many of their players currently starring in other sports. Could potentially see some of their players committing to their winter sports rather than a sport they aren't planning to pursue. Just a thought tho hey?

Cheers,
- Fanatic

bringitbck

Frank Row (1)
Newington injury reports !! and big St Ignatius squad prediction

Last years big impact will hardy has come down with some naughty hot spots in his lower back. More importantly Patrick jones has dislocated his knee for the fourth time during tough 2nds footy match in the wet on the weekend, he was putting his head over the ball and got an unfortunate consequence but more importantly for cricket this means he may have to let the sport go because of reoccurring injury's. This will be a major loss first bowling attack potentially loosing both opening bowlers.

furthermore the St Ignatius predicted 1st XI in no particular order unfortunately Ben Bousie will not be returning was shaping up to be a talent this year although getting little time in the squad last year

Daniel Osborne(WK)
Ted Perrington
Hugh taylor
Darcy Feilen
gussy Grover skipper
Liam McCarthy
Pat curry or Sam hutchinison (sticky fingers)
William Spora
Angus Tesoriero
Nate Tucker
sam wright

thoughts and feelings appreciated!!
Like for Scots team list release ( send through players you want to see featured)
revelations BiB

CasualObserver

Allen Oxlade (6)
Newington injury reports !! and big St Ignatius squad prediction

Last years big impact will hardy has come down with some naughty hot spots in his lower back. More importantly Patrick jones has dislocated his knee for the fourth time during tough 2nds footy match in the wet on the weekend, he was putting his head over the ball and got an unfortunate consequence but more importantly for cricket this means he may have to let the sport go because of reoccurring injury's. This will be a major loss first bowling attack potentially loosing both opening bowlers.

furthermore the St Ignatius predicted 1st XI in no particular order unfortunately Ben Bousie will not be returning was shaping up to be a talent this year although getting little time in the squad last year

Daniel Osborne(WK)
Ted Perrington
Hugh taylor
Darcy Feilen
gussy Grover skipper
Liam McCarthy
Pat curry or Sam hutchinison (sticky fingers)
William Spora
Angus Tesoriero
Nate Tucker
sam wright

thoughts and feelings appreciated!!
Like for Scots team list release ( send through players you want to see featured)
revelations BiB
What year are they in? No comeback for Fred Garling?

montylaulover

Frank Row (1)
Now that the Rowing forum has been banned, I will bring all my knowledge to the real national sport of Australia.

Keen to Hear what is happening....

Cheers, Barrel

Now that the Rowing forum has been banned, I will bring all my knowledge to the real national sport of Australia.

Keen to Hear what is happening....

Cheers, Barrel
I think that this is a great choice, despite he closing of the rowing forum, gps summer sport is quite the topic for discussion no matter the specifics. This leads me to my first question, who will be the victors of GPS cricket this year, personally, I think the boys from the swamp will be able to get the job done under the leadership of Danny Osbourne

montylaulover

Frank Row (1)
G'day Floater,

Heard some interesting news that Tom 'Flying Power/Nowra Nighthawk' Duncan has signed a two-way contract with the Beecroft Bulldoggies for the 2024-25 season. Hope all goes well for the young fella in the new team.

Yours Truly, daddydez
Hi There Derrick,

Wondering what are your predictions for View 1ST XI . Love to here your opinion on this matter.

Regards,Barrel

Hi There Derrick,

Wondering what are your predictions for View 1ST XI . Love to here your opinion on this matter.

Regards,Barrel

Morning Barrel,

My Son who attends Riverview In Yr 11 helped me Predict this View 2025 1st XI:

1. Danial 'Ice Spice' Osborne (VC)
2. Darcy 'COME ON' Feilen
3. Benjamin 'Yellow Card' Bousie
4. Gus 'Goat' Grover (VC)
5. Thomas 'Harris Farm Merchant' Makim
6. Tom 'Flying Power/Nowra Nighthawk' Duncan* (C) (If not pinched by Beecroft)
7. Sam 'Sticky Fingers' Hutchinson (WK)
8. Angus Tesoriero* (Mosman)
9. Maurice 'The Sheaf Slayer' Hyles
10. Monty 'Almond' Lau* (Weight and Fitness be a problem)
11. Will 'The Dream' Spora* (Potential Beecroft Recuit)

Cheers, Daddydezza

montylaulover

Frank Row (1)
Morning Barrel,

My Son who attends Riverview In Yr 11 helped me Predict this View 2025 1st XI:

1. Danial 'Ice Spice' Osborne (VC)
2. Darcy 'COME ON' Feilen
3. Benjamin 'Yellow Card' Bousie
4. Gus 'Goat' Grover (VC)
5. Thomas 'Harris Farm Merchant' Makim
6. Tom 'Flying Power/Nowra Nighthawk' Duncan* (C) (If not pinched by Beecroft)
7. Sam 'Sticky Fingers' Hutchinson (WK)
8. Angus Tesoriero* (Mosman)
9. Maurice 'The Sheaf Slayer' Hyles
10. Monty 'Almond' Lau* (Weight and Fitness be a problem)
11. Will 'The Dream' Spora* (Potential Beecroft Recuit)

Cheers, Daddydezza
Hi there Derrick again,

Thanks for this team prediction however i cant ignore the obvious flaws in this list.

Ben Bousie is currently in year 12 making unfit for selection in this seasons line up

Tom Makim has decided to pursue excellence in the track and field arena so will also be unable for selection.

Regardless this season is setting up to be one of the greats for the boy's on the river.Really looking forward to seeing how the season play's out

Cheers,Barrel