• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AAGPS cricket 2024-25

wisemaan

Sydney Middleton (9)
Lets get this kicked off fellas..

Last week I was driving past 'The Bridge' Shore playing Fields and saw a couple of boys walking out the front with there cricket kits. Has Shore already commenced their pre-season and have any other schools. Would love some other intel.

-wisemaan

CheekyHooker

Chris McKivat (8)
Lets get this kicked off fellas..

Last week I was driving past 'The Bridge' Shore playing Fields and saw a couple of boys walking out the front with there cricket kits. Has Shore already commenced their pre-season and have any other schools. Would love some other intel.

-wisemaan
Love the enthusiasm here Wisemaan,

My sources tell me Newington's 2025 Cricket season is predicted to be strong one. Among the standouts are Paddy Maxwell whose all-round skills and strategic acumen on the field and in dungeons and dragons have already garnered much attention. Furthermore, Hamish Hunter with his great batting in the 2024 season leaves him as a dangerous threat for ones without sharp reflexes, he has been dubbed Mushy Muffin due to his frame representing that of a muffin.

Any other standouts anyone else is aware of?

- Cheeky

Jockey181

Banned
Shore Predicted 1st xi
1. Hugh Reardon
2. Gus Manchee
3. Will Scott Mackenzie
4. Alex Beattie
5. Zac roberts
6. Toby Robinson
7. Stian Constable
8. Charlie Francis (Forbes Ferrari)
9. Horse
10. Wil Taaffe
11. Xavier Alosio

wisemaan

Sydney Middleton (9)
Shore Cricket Prospects

This year, Shore Cricket will be a force to reckon with, considering the returning core team and a very young 1st team. Stien, for the second year in the squad and still in year 11, is looking like a major threat, trying to show his potential. Then there's Higgins, who I believe will have a bright future in the sport.

Stepping in from the 2nd XI and moving onto the 1st XI , watch out for the dynamic due of Hugh Reardon, a widely known talent, and the quiet, unassuming Brownie. They are set to fire and pull their weight in the team to win.

Yours in sporting reason, A sane observer

-wisemaan

CheekyHooker

Chris McKivat (8)
Shore Predicted 1st xi
1. Hugh Reardon
2. Gus Manchee
3. Will Scott Mackenzie
4. Alex Beattie
5. Zac roberts
6. Toby Robinson
7. Stian Constable
9. Horse
10. Wil Taaffe
11. Xavier Alosio
Great List Jockey,

However, Im curious what excludes young Ed Cowdery from this list, heard he has really been putting effort into his powerlifting and footy season playing in the Shore 2nd XV.

- Cheeky

Bobcat54

Allen Oxlade (6)
Great List Jockey,

However, Im curious what excludes young Ed Cowdery from this list, heard he has really been putting effort into his powerlifting and footy season playing in the Shore 2nd XV.

- Cheeky
Personally, I can't see Cowdery playing 1st XI. He's quite committed to rugby and most likely won't be in that top XI.

- Bobcat

wisemaan

Sydney Middleton (9)
Personally, I can't see Cowdery playing 1st XI. He's quite committed to rugby and most likely won't be in that top XI.

- Bobcat
Agreed I believe he doesn't even play cricket anymore but if he is putting the off-season work in on top of his footy that would be impressive...

-wisemaan

CheekyHooker

Chris McKivat (8)
Afternoon Cricket Enthusiasts,

Quick prediction on the 2025 Newington 1st XI:

1. Jasen Begetis
2. Jack Mannix
3. Hamish Hunter
4. William Hardy
5. Paddy Maxwell
6. Fredrick Webster
7. Sandy Jones
8. Arlo Brazier
9. Rishab Ghandi
10. Henry Lapham
11. Adam Williams

Coach: Sahil Parekh

- Cheeky

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Shore Predicted 1st xi
1. Hugh Reardon
2. Gus Manchee
3. Will Scott Mackenzie
4. Alex Beattie
5. Zac roberts
6. Toby Robinson
7. Stian Constable
9. Horse
10. Wil Taaffe
11. Xavier Alosio
Is Horse the nickname for Fuzes? You couldn’t find a spot for Noah Quayle despite being in the team last year?

CheekyHooker

Chris McKivat (8)
G'day cricket enthusiasts,

I have just intercepted some juicy intel (yet to be confirmed) and reporting that the esteemed Newington coach, Rossie Turner, has commenced the off-season training regimen with commendable zeal. His innovative approach includes intense gym seshes, designed to help the players but on a bit of size.

In a particularly exciting development, Paddy Maxwell is thusly poised to captain the 1st XI in 2025. Young Maxwell, noble in spirit, hath devoted himself not only to the grueling labors of the field but also to the cunning strategies of Dungeons and Dragons. Thus, he doth sharpen his mind and hone his leadership, preparing himself for the seaon that awaits. And let us not overlook the steadfast Rishab Gandhi, whose prowess with both bat and ball inspire awe.

It is indeed a promising start to the off-season, and I am eagerly anticipating the positive outcomes of this training. I am keen to hear about any other GPS off-season trainings...

- Cheeky

bringitbck

Frank Row (1)

1. Jasen Begetis
2. Jack Mannix
3. Hamish Hunter
4. William Hardy
5. Paddy Maxwell
6. Fredrick Webster
7. Sandy Jones
8. Arlo Brazier
9. Rishab Ghandi
10. Henry Lapham
11. Adam Williams

- Cheeky
Hey there cheeky
I’d like to congratulate you on the solid team you have created, but it seems that you have fallen for the mighty muffins hype. We must not forget a player like patrick jones can fill that all rounder role. He is fundamentally better with the bat and ball, all while having a major on field presence with his inspiring chat and sticky fingers. If you had taken the time appreciate the depth Newington has after coming off a second XI premiership, you would have easily come across players like patrick and other notable mentions (tiger bocking, strong force with the wooden stick in hand) , who would in turn bring the punch that this team is obviously lacking. Although you have created a team with solid foundations in patrick among others which is of utmost importance.

Last edited:

Jockey181

Banned

1. Jasen Begetis
2. Jack Mannix
3. Hamish Hunter
4. William Hardy
5. Paddy Maxwell
6. Fredrick Webster
7. Sandy Jones
8. Arlo Brazier
9. Rishab Ghandi
10. Henry Lapham
11. Adam Williams

- Cheeky
Noah Guassen

bringitbck

Frank Row (1)
Noah Guassen
People like Henry lapham and sandy jones barely got a run in the 2s and don’t have the batting or bowling talents of the patrick jones nor the sticky’s hands ( never seen him drop one) and realistically Noah will subsequently take their place. Along with others from last years seconds like Ishan roy Mchean, who is known for his quickness in the field, deadly pace and naughty bouncer. The team has a stronger bowling attack then cheekyhooker has included.

CheekyHooker

Chris McKivat (8)
Hey Blokes,

Any predictions on the top 3 placings in the 2025 1st XI?

Regards, Chestnut
Good Evening Peter and Fellow Cricket Connoisseurs,

Tis tremendous to have a big boppa like yourself on the forum Peter. With all this fresh intel about Newington's cricket force from @bringitbck my opinions have certainly been altered on who will take the cake....
Furthermore, there was much appreciated intel from my associate @wisemaan - entailing some of Shore's upcoming cricket talent, for instance the dangerous duo of Reardon (E) and Brownie (E), keen to see what both of them can pull off in the future - only time will tell...

This isn't the top 3, but my predictions regarding all AAGPS schools on the 2025 cricket season placings:

1. Newington College
2. The Sydney Church of England Grammar School
3. The Scots College
4. St Joseph's College
5. Sydney Grammar School
6. The King's School Parramatta
7. Saint Ignatius' College Riverview
8. Sydney Boy's High School

I eagerly welcome additional thoughts, questions, opinions and other new intel,
- Cheeky

Last edited:

wisemaan

Sydney Middleton (9)
Good Evening Peter and Fellow Cricket Connoisseurs,

Tis tremendous to have a big boppa like yourself on the forum Peter. With all this fresh intel about Newington's cricket force from @bringitbck my opinions have certainly been altered on who will take the cake....
Furthermore, there was much appreciated intel from my associate @wisemaan - entailing some of Shore's upcoming cricket talent, for instance the dangerous duo of Reardon (E) and Brownie (E), keen to see what both of them can pull off in the future - only time will tell...

This isn't the top 3, but my predictions regarding all AAGPS schools on the 2025 cricket season placings:

1. Newington College
2. The Sydney Church of England Grammar School
3. The Scots College
4. St Joseph's College
5. Sydney Grammar School
6. The King's School Parramatta
7. Saint Ignatius' College Riverview
8. Sydney Boy's High School

I eagerly welcome additional thoughts, questions, opinions and other new intel,
- Cheeky
Wissy's Wisdom

Agreeing with this however only time will tell...

1. and 2. Shore and New ( Honestly not to sure yet will have more information in coming weeks)
3. Scots
4. Joeys

I will be looking more into some teams and what they are looking like but what @CheekyHooker said Brownie and his right hand man Reardon (E) sounds like they will shape up well after their footy season.

-wisemaan