• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

3rd Place Play Off - Wallabies v Wales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jay

While the booing of Cooper is bogan behavior, I find all this tut tutting and sanctimonious judgemental bullshit about a million times worse.

Honestly, he's a guy who gets paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to play rugby - who gives a flying fuck if he has to deal with a few people booing him?

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I have sat at ANZ stadium and listened to boos every time Frans Steyn touched the ball (and got given the finger by a guy in front of us when he missed a drop goal).

In the Barbarians game SBW got jeered every time he came near the ball.

Stop being so fucking precious.

Knee the kiwi captain in the head and you're going to get it. ESPECIALLY is you happen to be a Kiwi playing for the enemy. Push him a few more times and you're really getting it.

I don't think any crowd should ever boo a player. Poor show.

But please just don't try grab the moral high ground here.

Rob

Sydney Middleton (9)
Struggling with Australias love affair with slipper. He is good around the field but his scrummaging - on either side - is poor. We will not win a world cup if we keep promoting crap scrummaging props. Alexanders scrummaging is also poor.

Interesting game. Some very criticised players really stood up tonight. I also thought Simmons was bloody good when he came on. Barnes is still over rated. He played ok but some of his decision making was unimpressive. His first two touches were part of a solid counter attack and both ended with silly grubbers and he did a fine job of wasting Digby when he clearly should have distributed instead of kicking the ball away. When he did run the ball he did look really sharpe and more like the 2007 Barnes model that really had a bright future. Shit happens but AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) give yourself an uppercut for bombing that try. Ant did a fantastic job at setting that up for you. Slipper was also imense today. The bloke is one hell of a talent.

Congratulations Sharpie on the 100 and the balls you showed running out that injury. Really inspirational stuff.

Bad luck Quade. You were looking the goods until the injury. The timing sucked in the extreme as you dealt with enough crap this cup and for your cup to end this way is just a cruel twist of fate. Booing an injured player from the field is a dog act and it has inspired me to wish France all the best on Sunday.

Cheers for ending the cup in good fashion boys.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I reckon if you need to remind people that you are deserving of respect and complain that someone has disrespected you then you probably havent earned the respect you think you deserve.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
After all the hateful crap the kiwi's have dished out to quade, can't stop thinking of this:

Funny...I think the British probably thought something similar when they went to NZ.

Oh....there's probably a few guys like this who mite hold you back for a little while:

apiata300-300x368.jpg

Of course.....it mite be the only way you ever get the Bledisloe Cup back again.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Not problems we've had to worry about but then nor is choking every 4 years.

I've decided that I have 24 hours left in which to play this card for tomorrow night we will get an avalanche of promises that no one else will ever win another tournament...what's rightfully there's etc etc etc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Fuck it..... I'm glad the Wallabies won last night. Good on them. I live here now and they will become my 3rd favourite team. The ABs, Manu Samoa then the Wallabies. The exception being that if Manu Samoa ever played the ABs in the RWC final, I would go for Manu Samoa.

There. Decided.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Right, I think, but I had to turn way from the the replay
It would be his dominant knee is my bet so probably the on he got poor little richie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
Did you happen to notice what knee he injured? I'm just saying....

Your just saying what exactly?
That QC (Quade Cooper) deserved to cope such a bad injury.... hey?

You are a bit bigger than the average sh*tstirrer by the sounds of it.

You stay classy now Jay.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Your just saying what exactly?
That QC (Quade Cooper) deserved to cope such a bad injury.... hey?

You are a bit bigger than the average sh*tstirrer by the sounds of it.

You stay classy now Jay.

Fanatic - why worry: QC (Quade Cooper) will get over the injury but even after they win the Kiwis will still have inoperable chip on their shoulder

numbertwo

Peter Burge (5)
I reckon if you need to remind people that you are deserving of respect and complain that someone has disrespected you then you probably havent earned the respect you think you deserve.

You mean like when the ABs complained that the WBs didn't respect them?

After yesterday I'm supporting France.

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
Fanatic - why worry: QC (Quade Cooper) will get over the injury but even after they win the Kiwis will still have inoperable chip on their shoulder

Too True.
It is however a very bad injury, if he was just a couple of years older you could call it a career ending injury.
Not a hugh QC (Quade Cooper) fan myself but I hope to see him bounce back next year a better man and player from it all.
I did think QC (Quade Cooper) was tempting fate by ...

"Wearing my signed Jonah Lomu boots today ;) yeyay #runitstraight ha http://yfrog.com/h07n4skaj"

Maybe should have had a Wallaby rugby legend sign his boots instead of an All Black.... just a thought.

NZ have NOT won yet and I don't think France are so keen on letting them win, we best remind some of these cocky AB fans that they still have a final to play.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Too True.
It is however a very bad injury, if he was just a couple of years older you could call it a career ending injury.
Not a hugh QC (Quade Cooper) fan myself but I hope to see him bounce back next year a better man and player from it all.
I did think QC (Quade Cooper) was tempting fate by ...

"Wearing my signed Jonah Lomu boots today ;) yeyay #runitstraight ha http://yfrog.com/h07n4skaj"

Maybe should have had a Wallaby rugby legend sign his boots instead of an All Black.... just a thought.

NZ have NOT won yet and I don't think France are so keen on letting them win, we best remind some of these cocky AB fans that they still have a final to play.

Sure can be - though some on here think he'll be right you can bet the surgeon will be giving him all the warnings about infections etc.......
I have the same view as you re QC (Quade Cooper) but dont wish injuries on anyone - including Dan Carter
Nah....better they should conduct themselves as if they've won it and then the frogs can shock them....dare I say blast them out of the water as they did the Rainbow Warrior - they snuck up on that too!

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
Sure can be - though some on here think he'll be right you can bet the surgeon will be giving him all the warnings about infections etc.......
I have the same view as you re QC (Quade Cooper) but dont wish injuries on anyone - including Dan Carter
Nah....better they should conduct themselves as if they've won it and then the frogs can shock them....dare I say blast them out of the water as they did the Rainbow Warrior - they snuck up on that too!
I also honestly mourned the loss of Carter. Partly because if we had beaten the ABs I would have had to listen to kiwis the world over whinging that we wouldn't have won if the had Carter.

Can you just imagine the UPSET if the French come even close.... let alone win.

I don't think there is enough booze, tissues and anti depressents to keep kiwi land alive if the French won.
I was in Auckland when the Rainbow Warrior was blown up but I would not want to be there the day the All Blacks lose the RWC to the French, that could be dangerous ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.