• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

3rd Place Play Off - Wallabies v Wales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garryowen

Larry Dwyer (12)
Disgraceful performance from the officials, with both of Wales' tries the result of howlers:
1. Hook's pass was a metre forward; and
2. Shane Williams was taken out at the end.

Wallabies guilty of some really stupid play though in the wrong areas. Alexander's kick, Digby's get up and run, Higgers killing the ball when Wales were camped in their 22, etc. Really disappointed with the possession stats as well. However, defence was excellent.

One other thing, Horwill and McCalman need to work on their body position once tackled. I count three turnovers from Horwill falling on his back and / or isolating himself.

P

pete88

Also my impression was Higgers was decent, I'd be interested to see his involvement stats etc. Same with McCalman.

Just seen Williams run into touch before the final try Jesus that's literally the biggest fuckup by a touchie I can remember.

FairWeatherAussie

Ted Fahey (11)
Gonna miss Luke Burgess aren't we. As a fairly parochial banana bender I have to say he looked at least as good as Genia.

I have to agree. He didn't get a lot of game time, but whenever he was on he looked very, very good, superior to Genia. He even seems to be passing accurately. He's gonna be a huge loss to NSW next year, but my new favourite French team, Toulouse will get him.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Also my impression was Higgers was decent, I'd be interested to see his involvement stats etc. Same with McCalman.

Just seen Williams run into touch before the final try Jesus that's literally the biggest fuckup by a touchie I can remember.

Higgers impressed me. Hard to know what that match means, but he worked bloody hard. I hope we see more in this vein from him - he is a big talent.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I have to agree. He didn't get a lot of game time, but whenever he was on he looked very, very good, superior to Genia. He even seems to be passing accurately. He's gonna be a huge loss to NSW next year, but my new favourite French team, Toulouse will get him.

Burgess was always a good foil to Genia - dangerous in the last 10-20 minutes. Shame he's going, as I don't think the next in line is quite there yet. Good luck to him.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Linesman had a bad game, but Barnes was pretty good at the breakdown. Both 7s were rewarded for legal turnovers and penalized for illegal ones.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
We certainly got up for the match. Were clearly the better team and would have won by more if not for some ordinary officiating and untimely injuries. Well done to the Wallbies.

Also well done to Wales, enjoyed cheering them on up until tonight. Who knows how things would've gone if Priestland stayed fit.

And Allez Les Bleus for Sunday!

FairWeatherAussie

Ted Fahey (11)
Burgess was always a good foil to Genia - dangerous in the last 10-20 minutes. Shame he's going, as I don't think the next in line is quite there yet. Good luck to him.

Yeah. I think he probably should have been brought on with 15 minutes in a few more of our big games. He is very dangerous against a tired forward pack and hungry in defense.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Good win in the end. Some shocking officiating, particularly in Wales' first try.

Excellent game from Berrick Barnes. Slipper was also excellent.

All I know after watching that game is Berrick has to be in our starting XV regardless of whether he is playing 12 or 10. He is one of our best test players.

B

barrenjoey

Good game from BB , not convincing but a win is a win and good bye hoodoo. That drop goal was a good idea wasn't it ? Much happier now, well done Wobs.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Barnes needs to stand much shallower though. He also seemed confused when at fullback of whether to pass or kick but inevitably kicked. He was stifling for our attack on occasions.

I seem to be the only one that saw that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.