• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2012 S15 SA Teams Movements

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Our CC is about to start and the hunting season is open. WC tournament also the end and start of player cycle in the modern day rugby.

Players that will be gone next year:
Stormers:
F Louw (Bath) A van Zyl (Lions)
Brutes:
Matfield (retired), Bakkies (France) FdP and Danie Rossouw (Japan)
Sharks:
John Smit (Retired or up north), Terreblanche (retired)
Lions:
Kockette (France) James (retired)
Tin Ears:
Olivier (Italy)

Rumours:
Sadie to Brutes
Brussouw to Stormers
Riaan Viljoen to Stormers

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Good news for Blou, sad for me but as expected. Stormers lost two young talents to the Brutes
Sport24
Bulls sign WP duo
Pretoria - The Vodacom Blue Bulls have pulled off a massive coup by signing the up and coming Western Province and Stormers duo of Johann Sadie and JJ Engelbrecht.

Both players signed their contracts until the end of 2013 with the Blue Bulls Rugby Union and will join up with the team on 1 November this year, after the completion of the Currie Cup competition.

The duo, who are highly rated across the country, will help soften the blow of several Springbok stars leaving the Bulls at the end of the season.

Bulls High Performance manager Ian Schwartz told SuperSport.com that they were delighted at confirming the signatures.

“Both players are exceptional talents and have proven themselves at Currie Cup level, while Johann Sadie immediately made an impact at Super Rugby level in his performances for the Stormers. We believe they will fit in well with the vision we have at the Bulls for the next few years and are sure they will become an integral part of the Bulls family.”

While both players have appeared more on the wing in recent times, both can play in the midfield and offer the Bulls versatility in their backline, which will see lots of young talent come through in the next few years.

Sadie is seen as a future Springbok and has come through the ranks after completing his schooling at Paarl Gymnasium. Having represented the SA under-20s at the IRB Junior World Championship in 2009, he was part of the victorious Maties side in the Varsity Cup in 2009 and 2010. He also featured prominently in the Western Province under-21 side that won the championship in 2010.

A product of Grey High, Port Elizabeth, JJ Engelbrecht moved to Western Province after playing for EP in the Craven Week. He was part of the Maties team that was victorious in the Varsity Cup and faced the British and Irish Lions for WP in 2009.

Since then he played for Province in the Currie Cup, and was part of the Stormers squad for this year’s Vodacom Super Rugby competition. He did spend much of his time in the Vodacom Cup and ended up the joint top points-scorer with 10 tries this year.
Rassies reply
DieBurger
Westelike Provinsie staan begaafde jong senter aan Bulle af
2011-07-09 00:00
Artikelopsies
Druk artikel e-pos artikel Deel
Yahoo Google Digg del.icio.us Facebook Twitter Kry Die Burger op
Jou selfoon Jou Facebook-profiel STEPHEN NELL

KAAPSTAD - Die Westelike Provinsie het die nuus verwag, maar dit het steeds seergemaak om gister te hoor dat die puik jong senter Johann Sadie ’n kontrak met die Blou Bulle gesluit het.

Rassie Erasmus, direkteur van afrigting by die WP, het Sadie se besluit om ná dié seisoen na Pretoria te verhuis as ’n “groot verlies” beskryf.

“Ons kon nie aan dieselfde vereistes voldoen nie. Johann is ’n skitterende speler en gaan seker nog by ons spook,” het Erasmus gesê.

Die goeie nuus is egter dat die WP al sy ander top-jongelinge in die Kaap kon hou.

Rob Wagner, besturende direkteur van WP Rugby (Edms.) Bpk., het gistermiddag bevestig dat puik juniors soos Steven Kitshoff, Siyabonga Ntubeni, Frans Malherbe, Rynhardt Elstadt, Eben Etzebeth, Nizaam Carr, Siya Kolisi, Louis Schreuder, Gary van Aswegen en Danie Poolman almal volgende seisoen vir die WP sal speel.

Dit blyk dat die WP nie bereid was om ’n buitensporige aanbod vir Sadie te maak nie.

“Ek kan nie vir enige speler waarborg dat hy die eerstekeuse-buitesenter gaan wees of hom drie keer meer as ander spelers in sy kontrakgroep aanbied nie,” het Erasmus gesê.

“Dis hartseer ... ons het hom ’n gesonde kontrak aangebied. Ek wens hom alle sterkte toe.”

Die WP sou vir Sadie aansienlik meer as sy eweknieë moes betaal om hom in die Kaap te hou.

“Daar is salarisvlakke en ons wil nie soos in 2008 weer verdeeldheid in die groep hê omdat een speler buitensporig meer as ’n ander betaal word nie,” het Erasmus gesê.

Die Blou Bulle Maatskappy (BBM) het gister ook aangekondig dat hulle die WP-blits JJ Engelbrecht gewerf het. Sowel hy as Sadie sal op 1 November by die Bulle aanmeld en is tot 31 Oktober 2013 gekontrakteer.

Engelbrecht is vanjaar deur die Stormers oor die hoof gesien, maar Erasmus het sy talent ook geloof.

“JJ het baie talent en is ’n ou wat nog sy beste spelpeil moet bereik,” het Erasmus gesê.

Ofskoon Sadie ’n gevoelige verlies is, is die verwagting dat die WP aanstaande jaar nog vir Jean de Villiers, Jaque Fourie en Juan de Jongh in sy geledere sal hê. Sadie sou dus met daardie Bokke om ’n plek in die beginspan moes meeding.

“Ek het my tyd by die WP baie geniet en dit was ’n baie moeilike besluit, want ek is maar ’n lojale ou. Die Bulls bied my egter ’n groot geleentheid en dit is iets wat ek wil aangryp,” het Sadie aan die Bulls se webtuiste gesê.

Barend van Graan, uitvoerende hoof van die BBM, was in sy noppies met sy aanwinste.

“Ons het ’n visie om die wêreldleier in rugby te wees en spelers soos Johann en JJ kan ’n groot bydrae maak om daardie doelwitte te bereik,” het Van Graan gesê.
- Die Burger
I have critizise Coetzee way back after the Stormers beat the Blues. Sadie was sensatonal in that game and deserved to started from then on. They keep picking the Bok lot like Jean/Mossie/Habana and look where they end up? Overplayed and now they lost one of the best midfield talent they could ever dream of.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
After allowing grant to go fok around in Japland, this will got down as the second biggest mistake by the Rassie mob. With JdV and Fourie at the end of their careers they should have signed him as a matter of urgency.

Anyway it's our gain.

Now all we need up north are replacements for Bakkies, Vic and Danie Rossouw. :0)

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Paarl I see Juandre Kruger is back in the Bulls. Wasnlt he injured for a long time?

Do you rate him?

I read an interview with Vic a couple of years ago where he was raving about the bloke. I can't wait for out CC coverage here so I can take a look.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I see Elstadt has picked up a major injury.

Who's going to lock the scrum in the CC?

Get that young lock who played under 20's. Fark me he looked bloody good. The one with the long hair. What's his name and where is he from?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Paarl I see Juandre Kruger is back in the Bulls. Wasnlt he injured for a long time?

Do you rate him?

I read an interview with Vic a couple of years ago where he was raving about the bloke. I can't wait for out CC coverage here so I can take a look.
Jeandre Kruger is very good. Anton van Zyl is going to France. Fondse and Steenkamp will lock for WP.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
I see Elstadt has picked up a major injury.

Who's going to lock the scrum in the CC?

Get that young lock who played under 20's. Fark me he looked bloody good. The one with the long hair. What's his name and where is he from?
Etsebet, Skattie (Cliffies broer who played for WP;s boy). Think he, Ginga, Malherbe will slot in at the start with the WP U21s. I also like the look of Kolisi & Carr

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Die Burger
Daar was ook pogings deur ander provinsies om ander jong sterre soos Rynhardt Elstadt, Steven Kitshoff, Frans Malher-be en Eben Etzebeth weg te rokkel, maar al vier dié uitsonder-like jong vaste voorspelers het besluit om in die Moederstad te bly

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
CJ vd Linde to the Lions
Superrugby
CJ signs for the Lions

The Golden Lions announced on Thursday they had signed 2007 World Cup-winner CJ van der Linde from Western Province.

After months of negotiations, the signing will come as a welcome relief to both the Lions fans and management, as previous negotiations with big names have fallen through.

Van der Linde will join the team at the end of the month, having secured an early release from Western Province, where he had fallen out of favour and had struggled to make the side. This means he will be able to play for the Lions in the rest of the Absa Currie Cup season, with his contract ending only in October 2013.

While he was a regular in the side a few years ago, Van der Linde has not played much of late, but was still called up as cover for the Springboks on their current tour of Australasia after more than 20 Springboks were ruled out of action.

Coach John Mitchell welcomed the signing.

“CJ comes with a wealth of experience and has tremendous value to add to the Lions. I’m really looking forward to working with a player of CJ’s caliber and experience. I’ve always believed in developing youngsters as part of the expansion process and exposing them to experienced mentors such as CJ,” said Mitchell.

GLRU CEO Manie Reyneke was happy with securing the player.

“It is no secret that we’ve been speaking to CJ for the past few weeks and we are both honoured and humbled to have a player of his calibre and vast experience joining the Lions.” said Reyneke

Mank

Ted Thorn (20)
Has it been confirmed that Butch will retire? Looks like he may have a year or so left in those legs.

REDinCPT

Sydney Middleton (9)
heard this morning that the eberson twins are staying at the cheetahs. winning a few games certainly helps with player retention. still a shame about sarel pretorius

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
heard this morning that the eberson twins are staying at the cheetahs. winning a few games certainly helps with player retention. still a shame about sarel pretorius
Well Sarel will play CC for the Tin Ears despite moving to the Tahs.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Jeez I saw the Bulls Sharks game from last weekend. If that's the best the Bulls have to offer they are in BIG shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.