• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2012 S15 SA Teams Movements

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)
Rumours:
Sadie to Brutes
Brussouw to Stormers
Riaan Viljoen to Stormers

Heinrich Brussow has signed a two-year contract extension, which will see the Springbok flanker remain in Bloemfontein until 2013.

Brussow was set to become a free agent at the end of the season, and was linked with lucrative moves overseas and bigger South African unions. But because of personal reasons, Brussow has decided to remain with the Cheetahs, who have also signed prop Coenie Oosthuizen until the end of 2012.

http://www.keo.co.za/2011/09/02/currie-cup-latest-brussow-extends-cheetahs-stay/

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Heinrich Brussow has signed a two-year contract extension, which will see the Springbok flanker remain in Bloemfontein until 2013.

Brussow was set to become a free agent at the end of the season, and was linked with lucrative moves overseas and bigger South African unions. But because of personal reasons, Brussow has decided to remain with the Cheetahs, who have also signed prop Coenie Oosthuizen until the end of 2012.

http://www.keo.co.za/2011/09/02/currie-cup-latest-brussow-extends-cheetahs-stay/

Yep good news for the Tin ears. Juan Smith also will play and a lot of youngsters coming through. Peet Kleynhans hard labour with their academy in Osfontein start to pay handsome rewards for them.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Yep good news for the Tin ears. Juan Smith also will play and a lot of youngsters coming through. Peet Kleynhans hard labour with their academy in Osfontein start to pay handsome rewards for them.

Picking up on the comments in the othe SA thread, perhaps it will be teams like the Cheetahs giving academy guys a chance to develop that will free up the Cheetahs to blow away a few of the big guns. If that was to happen some of the more conservative provinces will see what can be done and develop their own running rugby. If it ever does, SA will become the top rugby nation fairly quickly. Adding a running component to your forward dominance would be something other nations would fear intensely. From an Aussie point of view I hope it doesn't happen, lets leave the Lion asleep on the veldt. :)

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Another WP poach from the Brutes
The Blue Bulls have signed former South African u.20 player Lionel Cronje from Currie Cup and Super Rugby rivals Western Province on a two year deal.

The 22 year old fly half/fullback has been playing for Western Province in the Currie Cup and the Stormers in Super Rugby in the last two seasons, but is currently recovering from a knee surgery.

He will join the Bulls in November this year on a contract that will initially run till 31 October 2013.

Cronje, who also played Currie Cup rugby for the Free State Cheetahs as a junior player, said he appreciated the time Western Province has invested in him on and off the field.

"The opportunity at the Bulls is one that I am looking forward to immensely. I would like to believe that my best years as a player are still ahead of me and that I could become an asset to the Bulls and take my game to the next level with them."

Heyneke Meyer said, "We are happy to finally have Lionel on our books. "

"We have been looking to secure his services for a while now and I am very pleased with the news. Lionel will play an important role in our plans for the next couple of years," Meyer said.

Bio:
Physical: 1, 84 & 90 kg
DOB: 25 May 1989, Bloemfontein
Primary School: Queens College Junior
High School: Queens College
Tertiary: University of Free State

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Picking up on the comments in the othe SA thread, perhaps it will be teams like the Cheetahs giving academy guys a chance to develop that will free up the Cheetahs to blow away a few of the big guns. If that was to happen some of the more conservative provinces will see what can be done and develop their own running rugby. If it ever does, SA will become the top rugby nation fairly quickly. Adding a running component to your forward dominance would be something other nations would fear intensely. From an Aussie point of view I hope it doesn't happen, lets leave the Lion asleep on the veldt. :)

Our Currie Cup teams for the most part try to play a free flowing game.

Unfortunately most of our Super coaches adopt a safety first attitude.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Good player. Another young player who won't be sitting on the bench in the Cape.

Paarl stop wanting to hog all the young players.

Is he any good at 15?

Nah he aint a 15, hope he dont warm the bench for Morne. The Brutes havent reniewed Brummer and Bosshoffs (both x SA U20) flyhalfs contracts which is pretty sad. Expect them to take Bees Roux back, understand they are not satisfied with Werner. Time will tell.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Bees Roux, that ever so slightly confrontational prop?

I doubt it. May mail is his contract has all but been torn up.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Bees Roux, that ever so slightly confrontational prop?

I doubt it. May mail is his contract has all but been torn up.

My info told me heyneke is looking at his contract at this very moment. Bees have a Borduax offer and the Brutes may reconsider. Wish WP will take him. We need a gentle giant in TH.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Gerhard vd Heever to the Stormers
Sport24
Van den Heever signs for WP

Vodacom Bulls and Vodacom Blue Bulls utility player Gerhard van den Heever has transferred to Western Province and the Stormers.

The Blue Bulls Company (Pty) Ltd and WP Rugby on Monday announced that the 22-year-old player, who excels as wing and fullback, has signed with Province for two years.

Van den Heever was contracted to the Vodacom Bulls until October 31, 2013, but after successful negotiations between the two provinces, has been transferred to Western Province and will join them from November 1, 2011.

Van den Heever, who was born in Bloemfontein and schooled in Pretoria, made his provincial and Super Rugby debuts in 2009. He has 41 provincial caps (20 tries) and 31 Super Rugby caps (12 tries).

The BBC’s Head: Rugby, Heyneke Meyer commented on the move by saying: “I am happy that there is an opportunity for Gerhard in a very good environment. It is a coincidence that he will now play for the team that he made his debut against in 2009. We wish him good luck with his career and we truly hope that he will achieve his goals.”

Commenting on the signing WP Senior Professional Coach Rassie Erasmus said, “We are happy that after we were able to conclude a similar transfer deal with the BBC for the in-contract Lionel Cronje earlier this season, that we were then able to successfully conclude this negotiation. We believe Van den Heever to be a quality player with the right attributes to fit into our set-up and vision for the immediate future. Despite his young age he brings solid experience at Super Rugby level. We have a settled base of senior players and a number of emerging young stars and we believe he has the potential to make a valuable contribution at a number of levels.”

Stormers backline for next year:
Aplon, vd Heever, Fourie, JdV, Habana, Grant, Duvenhage

Status
Not open for further replies.