• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2012 Rugby Championship Round 4 Game 2 Australia vs Argentina - 15 Sep

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Round 4 Game 2 between ARG and AUS?

• The Men In Gold – Australia

Votes: 34 69.4%
  • Los Pumas – Argentina

Votes: 16 32.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Instead of labelling my opinion as "outrageous" why dont you address the reasoning (which you asked for) and the reference to his performances in the past which, in my opinion, demonstrate a long term issue.

I have already given my opinion as to the reasons for his errors in a previous post on this thread.

Funny that you are precious when someone questions you, but you are happy to insult others.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I have already given my opinion as to the reasons for his errors in a previous post on this thread.

Funny that you are precious when someone questions you, but you are happy to insult others.
another label - but no substance: why on earth did you ask me to explain my reasoning?

T

TOCC

same old people....

IS thats fine that you don't like Quade, but thats just your opinion and everyone else has their own opinions, you don't have to act like a twat about it.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Can we move on?

I am hereby invoking rule 10

10. If another poster does not understand or agree with your point after 3 or 4 attempts, LET IT GO, WALK AWAY. It is very boring for other posters when the thread gets hijacked by two people having an argument. Let this be your guide:

All further posts in this thread on "Quade" will be deleted for first offenses, second well ....

Lets not go that far

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It's good to know that the GAGR Forum is full of mindreaders and amateur psychologists.

If I ever need the assistance of either, I know where to look.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
On Nau, despite being "the worst Hooker around" he made the Int team of the week on Planet Rugby, the McCabe, Digby & Sharpe

Tatafu Polota-Nau (Australia) - It was a toss-up between Andrew Hore and the Wallaby hooker. Adriaan Strauss tried hard but struggled to have an impact (possibly due to the game-plan) while Eusebio Guiñazú was solid if unspectacular. Polota-Nau enjoyed a full game and was a cool head in their comeback.

T

TOCC

I never suggested TPN was the worst hooker around, i have at times said he has room for improvement..
Lets not get overly defensive about players.. its why this thread has gone to the dogs

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is the best 13 we have in the country right now. Quade is currently the best 10..
I think McCabe suits the requirements of 12 as long as we have a playmaker in Beale or Barnes playing at 15.. Currently i prefer Barnes because his form is head and shoulders above Beale.

10. Quade
12. McCabe
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
15. Barnes

Ioane picks himself and we need a speedster/finisher for the other wing.. Shipperly has shown enough to retain that role..

Jezz I'm going to have to agree with you here TOCC... Shipperly is looking good and gets involved.... ACC is good at13 anywhere else he is a dilettante.... McCabe look solid at 12 and did some good midfield work... Digby solid + looks for work...

However Can't agree with Quade Cooper, he was rubbish he has no form and is being selected of 2010 form which is pretty sad since its late 2012... I understand the coach gave him a chance to come back but he really needs and half a season back in the super rugby to get his confidence back...

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
It's good to know that the GAGR Forum is full of mindreaders and amateur psychologists.

I am sensing in you mind - irony and a touch of cynicism.

Would you like to discuss what incidents in your childhood are making you feel that way?

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
When I was a small child I saw a Dingo kill a Wallaby.

Freudian analysis posits that a death drive exists but is secondary to the 'pleasure principle' or sexuality as the major motiviating force of the human psyche. From this I deduce that your recollection of a dingo killing a wallaby is a actually an unconscious manifestation of your fear of wallabies being screwed by a dingo.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
It's not just against the Wallabies. It's a pretty common thing.

It's not that much harder to defend a rolling maul one forward short and that forward can always run back to join the forwards if required. The extra forward in the backline allows you to mark everyone one on one when the attacking team has their fullback in the line and you've still got yours hanging back.

Vaea needs to do a lot more in Super Rugby before he becomes a likely candidate for the Wallabies at number 8. I doubt even with a massive first half of the season he'll be in contention to play against the Lions.

Oh its too soon for the Lions, sure. However, he's the future.

Next year, i'd be using Samo and Auelua at 8. 40mins each of rampage and destruction.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Why not Palu?

He spent more of 2012 fit than Samo and a similar amount to Auelua.

He was strong throughout the Super Rugby season and one of our better players against Wales.

Your dismissal of him doesn't match up to what he has shown in 2012.

T

TOCC

I love Palu and think he is still Australia's best 8 when fit... but the bloke is injury cursed and cant exactly be relied upon when planning the next 18-24months.

Lyall

Herbert Moran (7)
Freudian analysis posits that a death drive exists but is secondary to the 'pleasure principle' or sexuality as the major motiviating force of the human psyche. From this I deduce that your recollection of a dingo killing a wallaby is a actually an unconscious manifestation of your fear of wallabies being screwed by a dingo.

I like your work.

Could I ask your take on Quade, whenever I see his face all I see is pain and sorrow.....

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Freudian analysis is largely based on the pleasure principle, that is our 'id' or our basic unconscious and instinctual drives direct us to seek pleasure and avoid pain. Clearly your unconscious mind is seeking to direct you away from watching Quade. Your instincts are rebelling against Quade's (entertaining and adventurous)/(ill conceived and thoughtless) style of play.

Taking this a step further with Krafft-Ebbing analysis, continuing to subject yourself to pain is a paraesthesia or misdirected sexual desire also known as masochism. To overcome this, I suggest you liberate your sexual desire by learning to not give a fuck about Quade.

Status
Not open for further replies.