• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2012 Rugby Championship Round 3 Game 1 Australia vs South Africa - 8 Sep

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Round 3 Game 1 between SAF and AUS?

• The Men In Gold – Australia

Votes: 52 64.2%
  • The Bokke – South Africa

Votes: 29 35.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Even Marto has identified that it is a tactic, but definately the wrong tactic to kick the ball away.

Siren sounds for 1/2 time. . 40 min gone. Saffer 13- Gold 6. Oranges.

Happy

Alex Ross (28)
Ashley Cooper tells Kafer " we have to hold on to the ball". Well stop kicking the bastard.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
We have looked ordinary on attack beacuse we have kicked the pill away every time.

Several promising line breaks and forward rumbles, but guess what - grubber kick or bix kick or kick. If I wanted AFL I would watch the Swans.

codex156

Stan Wickham (3)
I am watching this game and I have to admit I am screaming at the TV for the Wallabies to run the damn ball, they have been so dangerous when ever they have done it but for some damn reason they keep wanting to kick. Did someone get an englishman into the coaching team? Feels like I am watching a northern hemisphere team with all this damn kicking.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
The comment (from a commentator) at the end of the half was that the "kicking is certainly a tactic", implying Robbie Deans told them to put these grubbers on. No coach in the world would tell his players to grubber kick when the Wallabies are doing it. He may have told them to put it in the space behind a rushing defence but that is not what the Wallabies are doing. They are doing it all the time which is INSANE, like Stephen Donald on crack. If it is at all to be considered a 'tactic' it is the worst execution I have ever seen.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Ashley Cooper tells Kafer " we have to hold on to the ball". Well stop kicking the bastard.

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) spot on with his idea to hold on to the ball. He has been doing it all year. Guess we won't be seeing a return of the annual pass.

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
had hope seeing QC (Quade Cooper) at first receiver, flat passes, attacking the line.
where'd my hope go, o_O
it was grubbered away

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
I think they tried the grubber at unopposed training sessions and it worked a treat. Probably wondering why it's not working tonight.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Now four consecutive halves of football that the Wallabies have not scored a try. Bit hard to score without the pill. Just saw Dumper talking to Barnes in the dressing room. I just hope those seasons coaching in the Northern Hemisphere is not influencing this tactic to kick the ball away at all opportunity.

Happy

Alex Ross (28)
Deans says "we put in silly dribbling kicks. We need to take that out of our game". Well hook the next bloke that does it.

RedsFanDan

Frank Row (1)
We need to buy 7 of those shock collars you use to train dogs not to bark, clamp 'em onto all the backs and set them to stun every time a useless kick is executed by the wearer.

Pretty sure Barnes would be in the midst of a brutal footballers migraine right now. Beale would probably be dead or have permanent nerve damage also.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
My thoughts on the 1st half. Australia's performance is much improved, streets ahead of what you produced against NZ. Look good with ball in hand, standing flat and taking the ball up you're causing SA problems. Back play hasn't been perfect, some of your moves have looked like they're happening at training ground speed, but there are moves there which is a positive step.

Main thing about the back play is STOP kicking the ball away! Aus probably have the worst kicking game of any Tier 1 nation and you're playing against the team with the best kicking game and it's shown. They need to keep the ball in hand and back themselves.

At the breakdown the pack have been good, look fitter than 2 weeks ago, more industrious and have created some very good turnovers. Samo has looked good on attack and as normal he's attracting defenders and creating space for other, also put in a really good hit towards the end. Lineout has been a shambles both attacking and defending. Hasn't been many scrums and penalties have gone both ways.

Overall a more positive performance so far, plenty of areas to improve on but it's a long way ahead of 2 weeks ago when it's was all doom and gloom and the question was would you actually improve at all. There's a few shoots of recovery there but need to keep it going in the 2nd 40. Performance has been good, tactics not so much.

On the SA side I think Pinaar has had an excellent game and they've coped well so far with the yellow card.

Status
Not open for further replies.