• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2012 Rugby Championship Round 3 Game 1 Australia vs South Africa - 8 Sep

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Round 3 Game 1 between SAF and AUS?

• The Men In Gold – Australia

Votes: 52 64.2%
  • The Bokke – South Africa

Votes: 29 35.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Mr Doug,

LRJ's locked and loaded.

Will try to keep up a bit of a commentary for you. Chez Jarse converted to Foxtel several years ago.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
I want to take this opportunity to congratulate SAANZAR, ASANZAR or SANZAAR, (or whatever the clowns that are running The Rugby Championship now call themselves)! As a group they are meant to be promoting Rugby in this country, however, scheduling an Aust v SA test so that there will be no live radio broadcast or no live FTA television broadcast on the east coast of Australia (due to the saturation of an opposing code), is a disgrace!
I can assure you that it is the broadcasters and particularly the broadcast rights holders that are to blame. Just shows that Rugby Union in AUS is loosing the ratings war.

Roundawhile

Billy Sheehan (19)
The broadcast rights contract should read :-

Section 9 Clause 17 sub-clause 8c
If you are not prepared to show the game live, you MUST allow either the ABC or SBS to broadcast the match, OR pay the ARU $1.2M.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
The broadcast rights contract should read :-

Section 9 Clause 17 sub-clause 8c
If you are not prepared to show the game live, you MUST allow either the ABC or SBS to broadcast the match.
I think more more people will watch the Rugby on FTA TV if it's after the AFL and NRL than if it went directly up against the other two.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I don't care about Ch 9, I just want to watch the bloody game live :mad:

Yep. I'll be logging out and avoiding all social media and news from here on. Will join the rest of civilisation again if a few hours when the replay is over.

Go Wallabies.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
At least tonight isn't a total waste of time, as I watch the Cowboys (with my favourite NRL player, Matt Bowen), flog the Broncos.
I'd prefer to be getting ready to watch the Wallabies though.

To those of you with pay TV, or at your "local", enjoy the match.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Anthems Now. Interesting looking singer doing the Saffer Anthem.

Advance Australia Fair by Clara Hymes (?) wearing a Wobs Scarf and very little else.

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
Wallabies by 12. Saffers were awful last week and I reckon the Aussies will stand up for themselves tonight.

Besides, its not time to recall agent Deans yet.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Fresh from Newington GPS game last week, Ref is Nigel Owens (Wal).

the Fro twins Samo and TPN looking very froish.

Game on.

30 seconds gone and Archies Dad has already kicked the ball.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
I can assure you that it is the broadcasters and particularly the broadcast rights holders that are to blame. Just shows that Rugby Union in AUS is loosing the ratings war.

Sorry, whatty, I can't agree with you. The broadasters don't determine when the matches are to be played, they just decide whether or not to broadcast them live!

The key word in my post was "scheduling".

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
Good to see Glen Jackson on the sideline. I've AR'd for him a few times this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.