• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2012 Rugby Championship Game 2 New Zealand vs Australia - 25 August

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Fire power on the bench forward wise. Pitty deans doesn't use the bench.
I can see Alexander fucked in the 1st 20min and slipper will come on in the last 5min.

Karl

Bill McLean (32)
Ok, calm down. Leaving aside QC (Quade Cooper)'s and Pocock's motivation for playing the game for a moment, on the evidence from Bledisloe 1 David Pocock is playing closer and closer to the illegal line. He'll lose matches for the Wallabies if he doesn't re-evaluate his work at the breakdown. Refs are looking hard at Pocock now.

There is nothing more ridiculous than someone who worships the ground on which "Sir Ritchie" walks critiquing the legality of some other player's game.

And you're the one who brought in players motivations despite knowing less than nothing on that score so when that and you're Sir Ruchie idolatry pollute the validity of the rest of you're posts you'll just have to live with it.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
I must admit I have a bit of a problem. Tonight I have some family over for a bit of a party, nothing big but it will finish late.

So I just checked what time the coverage of this game starts tomorrow. When I say it was 8am here I thought that'll be a little early after the exploits of the night before. This thought had hardly had a chance to form when I noticed that Sky are also showing Otago v Northland starting from 6am and I'm wondering if I should get up for that.

My name is Bardon and I'm addicted to Rugby.
If you're a real rugby man, which I sense you are, you'd go right through the night, not get up early.
Getting soft or old Paddy?

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
The voices loudly and confidently proclaiming that there was no doubt Pocock is now a better 7 than Richie have gone very silent on this issue.

I could hear a pin drop.

Based on last week's game, King Richie still reigns.:) (for now)

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I've watched every game he's played this year and can't think of a single incident. Time to put up or shut up.

I haven't been following this back and forth all the way so forgive me if this is not in context......... but..........

I haven't spotted anything from Ant, but Saia had quite a few nasty shoulder charges in the later rounds that he was lucky to get away with.........

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
The voices loudly and confidently proclaiming that there was no doubt Pocock is now a better 7 than Richie have gone very silent on this issue.

I could hear a pin drop.

Based on last week's game, King Richie still reigns.:) (for now)

Yes, based on last weeks game. Where Richie played with a dominating pack against a guy who hurt himself so badly he now needs surgery. Well played.

However, if you are just baiting, well played.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I haven't been following this back and forth all the way so forgive me if this is not in context... but....

I haven't spotted anything from Ant, but Saia had quite a few nasty shoulder charges in the later rounds that he was lucky to get away with...
Seriously? Was I talking about Saia?

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Yes, based on last weeks game. Where Richie played with a dominating pack against a guy who hurt himself so badly he now needs surgery. Well played.

However, if you are just baiting, well played.

I'll just jump in here.

Based on every game, including the games at the world cup where Richie was playing on one leg hurt so bad he needed surgery. It's a non issue, Pocock isn't there yet.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'll just jump in here.

Based on every game, including the games at the world cup where Richie was playing on one leg hurt so bad he needed surgery. It's a non issue, Pocock isn't there yet.

Oh yeah, the one game at the RWC where they played against each other, yet again with a pack that was dominating.

Pocock totally outplayed Richie against Wales.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sure, but let me just say that next time you think about responding unecessarily in an antagonistic manner to what was a fairly innocent comment you stop and instead communicate like a regular person?

Thanks. ;)

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I feel like I have wandered into the twilight zone. I thought we were talking about Saturdays game?

Wallaby forwards need to really stand up. A phrase I have not heard for a long time is "apply the blowtorch". If there is any time that the phrase should be revived, it should be now.

The Blacks will look for us to submit again. We must not allow that to happen. If nothing else, I am glad there has been little interaction with the media this week. When the Wobs came out last week and said they had a plan to shut down SBW and Nonu, the Blacks simply came up with a plan to counter our focus. Our hand was played before the game even started.

Best to keep them guessing!

Roundawhile

Billy Sheehan (19)
Given the main gist of this thread, that the pigs are slothful, who is our forwards coach?

Seems to me that there should be some scrutiny in this area.

Roundawhile

Billy Sheehan (19)
Given the main gist of this thread, that the pigs are slothful, who is our forwards coach?

Seems to me that there should be some scrutiny in this area.

M

Muttonbird

As I said above, I find myself now strangely pushing for the Wallabies because New Zealand has held the cup for a decade now.

Dead to me.

You must be a Kiwi that's lived in Australia too long. Why are you begging for charity to Australian Rugby? Would it make you happy if the ABs went easy on them? It's ridiculous to suggest that the Wallabies winning is good for rugby without Australian rugby lifting themselves up by the bootstraps.

Anyhoo, Australia is still ranked 2nd in world rugby, just so happens they are behind #1 by a significant margin.

T

TOCC

Can't really blame the forwards coach given the cattle he has to work with....

Let's see how this performance goes, then I would like to see a real clean out and some 'rising stars' given a shot..

I wanna see Shatz, Douglas, Neville, Fardy, Hanson and players like this all given the opportunity.. Guys who have a real thirst and also those who were actually in good form through 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.