• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2012 Rugby Championship Game 2 New Zealand vs Australia - 25 August

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
From this thread it seems there is consensus that the key reason for the Wobs failure on the weekend was to many Tahs forwards.

so for this weekend I propose

1 Slipper
2 Moore
3 Alexander
4 Sharpe
5 Simmons
6 Schatz
7 Hooper
8 Higginbotham

Clearly this pack will dominate the ABs at set piece and around the park.

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
From this thread it seems there is consensus that the key reason for the Wobs failure on the weekend was to many Tahs forwards.

1 Slipper
2 Moore
3 Alexander
4 Sharpe
5 Simmons
6 Schatz
7 Hooper
8 Higginbotham

There's a long way between "Dominate" and what we saw on the weekend.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Really?
Take away KB (Kurtley Beale)'s 2 brainfarts in defence (12 points).
I'm not suggesting that the Wobs pack dominated, but it was not as bad as some are suggesting.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Lots of discussion about locks on here without a lot of consideration about what they do and how they're selected.

Ah longbacks - a mysterious creature indeed. Most people know of them yet there are only a few that would be considered "knowledgeable" when the topic comes up. Likened to the Yeti, they are scarcely seen unless caught hopelessly out of their natural environment. Also in a similar ilk to the Yeti, the few that claim to know a bit about them are labelled as "crazies" and shunned by the population at large.

Sure they may be freakishly large. They may talk a bit slow and have far from pretty hair. But they play an integral part in the Rugby ecosystem. Embrace us! *shit* them. Hug a longback today!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Really?
Take away KB (Kurtley Beale)'s 2 brainfarts in defence (12 points).
I'm not suggesting that the Wobs pack dominated, but it was not as bad as some are suggesting.

The Wobs were never in that game, it was kept close by an inept ref who ensured the game was played with no rhythm. Just a plod from set piece to set piece

Scotty

David Codey (61)

1 Slipper
2 Moore
3 Alexander
4 Sharpe
5 Simmons
6 Schatz
7 Hooper
8 Higginbotham

Now now fatprop, we will still give you Dennis, don't get too upset!

The team you posted would struggle at the scrum, but would be better at the breakdown.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Now now fatprop, we will still give you Dennis, don't get too upset!

The team you posted would struggle at the scrum, but would be better at the breakdown.

but this thread says that Dennis was rubbish as well apparently.

and I think Alexander will be picked at THP

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
The Wobs were never in that game, it was kept close by an inept ref who ensured the game was played with no rhythm. Just a plod from set piece to set piece
Never had the upper hand is closer to the truth.How many free flowing bled cup matches do you see?
Moan that we chose to field a team that could only stay close.But to say they didn't stay close is well,wrong.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
but this thread says that Dennis was rubbish as well apparently.

and I think Alexander will be picked at THP
Slipper and Alexander scrumming together..?..Dunning and Baxter as backups??..The ABs could go in with 4 number sevens..two for the pilfer and 2 to scrum...:)

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Never had the upper hand is closer to the truth.How many free flowing bled cup matches do you see?
Moan that we chose to field a team that could only stay close.But to say they didn't stay close is well,wrong.

we picked a side that wouldn't lose by much, not a team to win the thing

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I was listening to the MMM rugby podcast on the way to work.

Greg Martin (so not the greatest source) stated that he understands that JOC (James O'Connor) is 100% fit.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Pococks 2 silly ruck penalties. In front of the posts and that's 18 points we gifted them. Take off 5 because Daggs first try shouldn't be Beatles fault.

Sent using Tapatalk

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)

Sorry but I have to call that as BS. Saying that we weren't in that game is akin to saying we are lucky that the AB's were off or it could've been a blow out. It was kept close by the fact that we had nearly as many points as the AB's.

We were within 5 points with 10 mins to go. We spent time inside their 22 but couldn't score so yes we didn't win, but we certainly were in the game. Maybe the AB's were lucky we had an off night or else we would've won.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Sorry but I have to call that as BS. Saying that we weren't in that game is akin to saying we are lucky that the AB's were off or it could've been a blow out. It was kept close by the fact that we had nearly as many points as the AB's.

We were within 5 points with 10 mins to go. We spent time inside their 22 but couldn't score so yes we didn't win, but we certainly were in the game. Maybe the AB's were lucky we had an off night or else we would've won.

The ABs didn't really play that well.

W

What2040

is Kepu now injured - heard a whisper he has a leg problem - fuck - does that mean Alexander goes to THP - Slipper a must to replace Robbo at LHP -

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Your pack was bitch-slapped. It was in the handling errors of the Abs which meant you didn't lose by more. Wake up.
FWIW, I think your pack will go better his week, they have to.

Our handling errors had nothing to do with it? Forward dominance or not, it was the handling errors of the Wallabies that meant you guys won. Wake up. See what I did there?

Agree on the fact that we will go better this week - both teams will.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Your pack was bitch-slapped. It was in the handling errors of the Abs which meant you didn't lose by more. Wake up.
FWIW, I think your pack will go better his week, they have to.

The ABs didn't really play that well.

Both these things might be true but for more than 20 minutes of the second half we were within five points. Whatever was happening on the field, we were close enough on the scoreboard that we were in touch.

The way we played, we should have lost by a lot more, but it also wouldn't have taken a whole lot for the result to have ended in a massive boilover with a vastly outplayed side winning.

J

Jiggles

1 Slipper
2 Moore
3 Alexander
4 Sharpe
5 Simmons
6 Schatz
7 Hooper
8 Higginbotham

Taking a guy who has played LHP all season and stick him at THP. Taking a guy who has played THP and stick him at LHP. Two LH Locks???

Fess up fatprop... You ARE Robbie Deans!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.