• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2012 Rugby Championship Game 1 Australia vs New Zealand - 18 August

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Game 1 between NZ and Australia?

• The Men in Gold - The Wallabies

Votes: 50 45.9%
  • The Darkness - The New Zealand Rugby Team

Votes: 59 54.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

D train

Frank Row (1)
When Tatafu Polota-Nau isn't concussed and not on the field, he's on the wing. How does this guy constantly regain his test jersey?

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Calling a Kiwi sabotage... Sent over Deans to ruin the Wallabies.

He consistently chooses hopeless teams and needs to go. Quade needed Barnes outside him at the World Cup to link up what was without a doubt (or would have been) the most potent attacking back line ever seen in the professional era. We saw that work brilliantly in the Bronze medal match and yet he still seems to have a love affair with McCabe and Horne. If you can't win matches with blokes like Genia, Cooper, Barnes, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Ioane, Beale and J'OC there is either something seriously wrong with your coaching or you're deliberately screwing up the team...

Either way Deans has to go. I'm sick of seeing our unbelievable potential wasted by his complete incompetence.

Roundawhile

Billy Sheehan (19)
Without focusing on any player, I just do not like the "feel" of the team as a whole.

It doesn't strike me as a "go out and smash em" group of players.

Just too bloody conservative for my liking.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I actually think TPN starting over Moore is a good thing, at least it means Dingo will use the bench and bring on Moore when TPN knocks himself out. Otherwise we'd start with Moore and get to watch TPN come on as an impact player with 4 seconds to go.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I'd definitely rather Moore. Have big concerns about the ability of the piggies to keep going for 80.

Would really like to see Moore, Slipper and Simmons getting 30mins.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I actually think TPN starting over Moore is a good thing, at least it means Dingo will use the bench and bring on Moore when TPN knocks himself out. Otherwise we'd start with Moore and get to watch TPN come on as an impact player with 4 seconds to go.

That would actually make more sense..........

The only aspect of TPN's game that is arguably better is his ball running, and Moore is already an excellent ball carrying forward.........

It would be like starting with Hooper over Pocock because of his ball running abilities while completely ignoring Pocock's better all round game..........

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
If you can't win matches with blokes like Genia, Cooper, Barnes, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Ioane, Beale and J'OC there is either something seriously wrong with your coaching or you're deliberately screwing up the team. Either way Deans has to go. I'm sick of seeing our unbelievable potential wasted by his complete incompetence.

All backs, need I say more?

Hairy Test Eagle

Ward Prentice (10)
The success of a Super Rugby side should be reflected into the international team. The Queensland Reds clearly outplayed the Waratahs in their last match yet there are somehow 8 Waratah players in the starting side? Has the cheque from the All Blacks cleared yet Robbie?

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
I actually think TPN starting over Moore is a good thing, at least it means Dingo will use the bench and bring on Moore when TPN knocks himself out.

Which knock out, 3rd or 4th one through the game... Or start Moore and don't use TPN at all unless where in dire straits for a winger.. He knows that position well.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
That would actually make more sense....

The only aspect of TPN's game that is arguably better is his ball running, and Moore is already an excellent ball carrying forward...

It would be like starting with Hooper over Pocock because of his ball running abilities while completely ignoring Pocock's better all round game....

Ummm, yeah slim my post was supposed to be humourous. I'd personally rather have Moore start but in the grand scheme of things it's not too bad an alternative. I think we need to all just calm down and see how things go in the first test before we all lose our shit and start looking for a short rope and a high branch.

Edit: ditto for biggsy

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Calling a Kiwi sabotage. Sent over Deans to ruin the Wallabies.

He consistently chooses hopeless teams and needs to go. Quade needed Barnes outside him at the World Cup to link up what was without a doubt (or would have been) the most potent attacking back line ever seen in the professional era. We saw that work brilliantly in the Bronze medal match and yet he still seems to have a love affair with McCabe and Horne. If you can't win matches with blokes like Genia, Cooper, Barnes, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Ioane, Beale and J'OC there is either something seriously wrong with your coaching or you're deliberately screwing up the team.

Either way Deans has to go. I'm sick of seeing our unbelievable potential wasted by his complete incompetence.

mate I LIKE THAT HEAPS...

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The success of a Super Rugby side should be reflected into the international team. The Queensland Reds clearly outplayed the Waratahs in their last match yet there are somehow 8 Waratah players in the starting side? Has the cheque from the All Blacks cleared yet Robbie?

The Chiefs side won't dominate the All Blacks and the Sharks won't dominate the Springboks.

You could argue for Simmons to be starting ahead of Timani and most people think Cooper should be in the 22. Aside from that though, there's not a lot of Reds players who can count themselves overly unlucky.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
There really isn't that much between TPN and Moore, as Robbie has stated, he starts TPN for the front row combo he has with the props.

I prefer Moore when the games opens a bit more so I don't have a problem as long as he gets plenty of time.

Either ways i think both are international quality and am thankful that I don't believe either one lets down the number 2 position for the wallabies.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Screen Shot 2012-08-14 at 20.08.51.png

Richo

John Thornett (49)
You could argue for Simmons to be starting ahead of Timani and most people think Cooper should be in the 22. Aside from that though, there's not a lot of Reds players who can count themselves overly unlucky.

And Samo can count himself really fucking lucky to make the team at all.

The Waratahs are - rightly - accused of under-performing. By definition, this means that the team is not achieving what it's talent level suggests it should. Or, to put it differently, just because the Waratahs team sucks it doesn't mean the players suck individually. Look at the difference in performance from Barnes between Super Rugby and the Wales games, for example.

If it were up to me, and I was selecting from the 30-man squad, the team would look like this:

15. Beale
14. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
13. Horne (in the interest of minimal disruption)
12. Fainga'a Barnes
11. Digby
10. Barnes Cooper
9. Genia
8. Higginbotham
7. Pocock
6. Dennis
5. Sharpe
4. Timani Douglas (better contrast to Sharpe)
3. Kepu
2. TPN Moore
1. Fat Cat

16. TPN
17. Slipper
18. Simmons
19. Hooper (more dynamic as a ball runner than Gill)
20. Schatz (better at 6 and 8 than Gill)
21. Phipps (White injured)
22. Mitchell

That makes it 7(2) Waratahs, 4(3) Reds, 2 Force, 1(1) Brumbie and 1(1) Rebel.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
If it were up to me, and I was selecting from the 30-man squad, the team would look like this:

15. Beale
14. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
13. Horne (in the interest of minimal disruption)
12. Fainga'a Barnes
11. Digby
10. Barnes Cooper
9. Genia
8. Higginbotham
7. Pocock
6. Dennis
5. Sharpe
4. Timani Douglas (better contrast to Sharpe)
3. Kepu
2. TPN Moore
1. Fat Cat

16. TPN
17. Slipper
18. Simmons
19. Hooper (more dynamic as a ball runner than Gill)
20. Schatz (better at 6 and 8 than Gill)
21. Phipps (White injured)
22. Mitchell

Nail on the head. This is the team I would have picked (and I think most people to be honest).

Status
Not open for further replies.