• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2011 Spring Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Braveheart.

Interesting to see that JOC (James O'Connor) is listed as a fullback.

Wwith Kurtley staying at home it'll be interesting to see who will take the 15 jersey - either AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) or JOC (James O'Connor) you'd assume.

I'd imagine that it'll go to JOC (James O'Connor).

9. Genia
10. Barnes
11. Ioane
12. Horne
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. Turner
15. JOC (James O'Connor)

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I think Lucas would be a chance of a bench spot as they have no real back up for Barnes and he covers so many spots.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The squad

Ben Alexander
Adam Ashley-Cooper
Berrick Barnes
Pekahou Cowan
Dave Dennis
Anthony Fainga'a
Will Genia
Scott Higginbotham
Matt Hodgson
Rob Horne
James Horwill (captain)
Digby Ioane
Ben Lucas
Salesi Ma’afu
Ben McCalman
Stephen Moore
James O’Connor
Nick Phipps
David Pocock
Tatafu Polota-Nau
Radike Samo
Nathan Sharpe
Rob Simmons
James Slipper
Ben Tapuai
Lachie Turner

I think Lucas would be a chance of a bench spot as they have no real back up for Barnes and he covers so many spots.

You would assume JOC (James O'Connor) will be back up 10 with either AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) or Turner going to 15

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
So we are taking three halfbacks for two games? Phipps has to be in line to be the next "splinters".

What an absolute joke. Proves that Deans has learnt nothing post-RWC. And, why would he when he was effectively told by the ARU that he was so good that (a) any performance level at the RWC was acceptable and would not cause a review of his position, and (b) he'd be granted another two years as Head Coach irrespective of results achieved.

bloodred

Fred Wood (13)
He may be seen as a possible No. 2 halfback that can also cover other positions from the bench (including flyhalf and fullback). Handy to have.

I agree. I think also he was used in a particular role by Link in that he covered the defensive frailties of Quade. I remember vividly the role he played in the 2007 Brisbane grand final. He cut us to shreds. Fair bit of difference to a test match i know but he must have only been 18-19 at the time. He also was 1st choice half for the Reds before getting injured so I think he needs to re-discover his attacking qualities. I am glad to see another TSS boy in Taps get a run.

B

Braveheart.

I'd imagine that Lucas is not being considered as a half, but rather a fullback come fly-half.

Therefore everyone slating Deans for taking three halfbacks is delued.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'd imagine that Lucas is not being considered as a half, but rather a fullback come fly-half.

And yet in the official press release for the squad he is named as "Fullback /Halfback".... sounds like he's being considered to me

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)

Right on, Braveheart. Even the most deluded Deans slater should realise that our national coach-for-life would never have three half backs in a squad. It would be almost as absurd as having only one No. 7 in a squad, or - to use an even more ridiculous example - playing a 35-year-old 197cm 117kg forward on the wing in a Test when we're supposed to have the world's best backline.

aussie1st

Alfred Walker (16)
Looks to be more balanced than our original WC squad. Lucas would have been handy especially against Russia. Hopefully Tapuai gets a game.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
And yet in the official press release for the squad he is named as "Fullback /Halfback".... sounds like he's being considered to me

Indeed, surely no one here thinks the official press release today had this position description item in as some kind of typo? This known versatility of Lucas was precisely why Link advocated considering Lucas as RWC squad member (before the squad was announced).

Status
Not open for further replies.