• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2010 Wallabies End of Year Tour (EOYT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Mitchell
12. Giteau
13. A. Cooper
14. Turner
15. Beale
with JOC (James O'Connor) supersub.

Without Horne and Ioane, we still look great. Its just a matter of these guys getting it right against NZ. They have had a few games together now, so hopefully we see them playing together as well as they did in SA a few months ago.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I think that right now Turner and Mitchell bring more to the side and we should start with them. The dark horse would be Hines. No one knows how well his knee is recovering. He may already of regained his deceptive speed!

Langthorne

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Got to agree that Mitchell and Turner are the best option, but that doesn't mean we'll see them.

Hynes. Mr Hynes. Oh Mr Hynes - when will we see your deceptive pace again? How are you feeling?

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
This looks like a likely team, except JO'C will be starting on the wing again (I think he could end up being a viable 12 for the Wallabies).

You'd have to say this would be his long term Wallaby position, probably when/if Inman or another bulky OC gets any good.

I would consider it this year for at least a game because Gitts need a kick up the bum and Barnes is a great player but when given a Wallaby jersey the game he plays becomes very 1 dimensional.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
You'd have to say this would be his long term Wallaby position, probably when/if Inman or another bulky OC gets any good.

I would consider it this year for at least a game because Gitts need a kick up the bum and Barnes is a great player but when given a Wallaby jersey the game he plays becomes very 1 dimensional.

In fairness to Barnes, he has had to in the past with the 10 inside him. With a more attacking 10 inside him, you will see his game change. It is probably better to look at the Cooper Barnes combination at the Reds last year. Although the Reds had their issues, they played some great attacking footy with that combo. Digby also was destructive at 13. Now think of AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) who is a very similar player to Digby on the outside of the Cooper Barnes combination for the Wallabies.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Agree with Ruggo. The Reds best attacking performance in 2008 came when Mooney decided to move Barnes out to 12 and bring Cooper into 10. That day they beat the best team in the comp, the Bulls, who had completely smashed them in the final round the year before.

I think the combo has real potential, with Cooper playing flat, and Barnes normally playing quite straight.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
For smart wet wether rugby, just switch the combo around as with the win over the Blues last year.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Giteau may not be going. Here and Here
@giteau_rugby said:
Just realized I've lost my passport! Leave on sat for honkas and I'm in huge trouble!! Ha
@giteau_rugby said:
Gotta get the priority one done asap! Celtics all the way

I'm sure he probably will get an emergency passport in time but it would be amusing.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
In fairness to Barnes, he has had to in the past with the 10 inside him. With a more attacking 10 inside him, you will see his game change. It is probably better to look at the Cooper Barnes combination at the Reds last year. Although the Reds had their issues, they played some great attacking footy with that combo. Digby also was destructive at 13. Now think of AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) who is a very similar player to Digby on the outside of the Cooper Barnes combination for the Wallabies.

Barnes is a conservative player, but he will play to the game plan and will defend as well as anyone in the side.

Some will tear their hair out when he tries to push a side into the corners but that is him and to me he is a good calm counter to Cooper's flair

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
ARU Press Release:

Phil Blake Joins Wallabies Spring Tour Coaching Staff

Manly Marlins club coach Phil Blake has been added to the Wallabies coaching staff for the upcoming Spring tour.

The former rugby league star, who has guided the Marlins in the Shute Shield for the past four seasons, has signed a short-term contract replacing Richard Graham as Skills coach.

Blake, who played first grade for six different clubs during his rugby league career between 1982 and 1997, began his rugby coaching career as assistant coach of the Southern Districts first grade side in 2006.

He joined Manly as head coach a year later, and took the club into the semi-finals this year.

Blake joins head coach Robbie Deans and assistant coaches Jim Williams and David Nucifora on the Wallabies’ coaching staff for the Spring Tour, which consists of seven matches including five Tests.

The tour kicks off against the All Blacks in Hong Kong on 30 October, with the 36-man touring party assembling in Sydney tomorrow.

The Wallabies depart for Hong Kong on Saturday.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Well that *is* interesting. He's done well at Manly, so I'm curious to see what he'll bring to the Wallaby camp. Good league player in his day too.

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
I wonder whether Blake would bring a similar skillset to the Wallabies that someone like Muggleton did? How was Manly's defence this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.