• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 13: Brumbies v Crusaders Sat 18th 2.35PM @ GIO STADIUM

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ as I understand it they have to pretend Strange wasn't there & guesstimate what might then have happened. Doesn't have to be a certain try, just a likely one. For mine it was YC for deliberately slapping it dead but penalty not penalty try. Either way Brums win & deservedly so.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Tough to award a pen try though. Unless I misunderstand the rule/its changed doesnt it have to have prevented an otherwise certain try?

Brums actually gutsy to hang in that with a totally dysfunctional set-piece. Slipper cannot be fit, might need next week off. Aside from a couple of shocking lapses around the ruck they defended very well.

That also might have been the ultimate example of a classic Tom Wright game.
Really, he was class all game, were did he have rocks, clearly had a great game...

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)

griffins

Darby Loudon (17)
Really, he was class all game, were did he have rocks, clearly had a great game...
The one handed carry on attack after we'd won the kickoff back in the 2nd half looked worse because our scrum then pancaked, but was still frustrating. Getting beaten to that kick by McNichol was pretty ordinary as well, looked a try on replay at the ground. So I'm saying 2 howlers offset by some genius (but also was that last pass to Reimer miles forward).

Aside - thought Noah was excellent outside of one poor kick out of our 22 late in the piece.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
The one handed carry on attack after we'd won the kickoff back in the 2nd half looked worse because our scrum then pancaked, but was still frustrating. Getting beaten to that kick by McNichol was pretty ordinary as well, looked a try on replay at the ground. So I'm saying 2 howlers offset by some genius (but also was that last pass to Reimer miles forward).

Aside - thought Noah was excellent outside of one poor kick out of our 22 late in the piece.
I think I missed the first one.. but the McNichol one was bad but he was trying to get it in the in goal bounce a little awkward and nearly got down I still also thought he got his hand to it as well... So even if it wasn't lost forward think Wrights arms there

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Mate I taking the piss obviously. But it pretty hard to be tested positive if you haven't used it, so good chance he was in possesion of it you think?? ;)
He took it when he had depression because of his mum going through a cancer diagnosis.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
He never got caught with coke, just tested positive... But semantics..

But then again I'm also more forgiving of some one taking drugs then beating his wife... Maybe there the same in your eyes...
Lol yep but who beat his wife? Noone that I know of. Besides I find wife beating or assault of anyone shit, whether it women, kids or even men.
I don't forgive or not anyone, not my place in this world to be a judge of anyone else, I not perfect enough.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
He was wrestling a gorilla who can scrum well. Newell is a beast and technically pretty good. Not many props will be able to get the better of Newell. So Slipper did well.

Maybe if Palmer was still there Slipper and the scrum might have been better prepared. I am not seeing the same scrum success under Ulugia.

The other thing is the scrum is the best weapon the Cantabs have.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
He was wrestling a gorilla who can scrum well. Newell is a beast and technically pretty good. Not many props will be able to get the better of Newell. So Slipper did well.

Maybe if Palmer was still there Slipper and the scrum might have been better prepared. I am not seeing the same scrum success under Ulugia.

The other thing is the scrum is the best weapon the Cantabs have.
I was talking about Wright..but yes Slips did get a working over

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Just the absolute worst. Honestly.
Sorry fellas. I had a mate whos kid was killed in an accident by a drunk driver, so I personally think anyone who gets behind wheel after drinking are the worst. And I will also repeat a couple of things a; I still not perfect enought to point fingers anyway. b; Reece did not beat up his wife as being said here, he wasn't even married to the woman (they are now though)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I was talking about Wright..but yes Slips did get a working over
I was a little surprised how much Slipper did get worked over to be honest, always thought he was good scrummger, but honestly think a lot of it had how Taylor worked with Newell to ioslate him.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Sorry fellas. I had a mate whos kid was killed in an accident by a drunk driver, so I personally think anyone who gets behind wheel after drinking are the worst. And I will also repeat a couple of things a; I still not perfect enought to point fingers anyway. b; Reece did not beat up his wife as being said here, he wasn't even married to the woman (they are now though)

This is way off topic but “he wasn’t even married to the women” is a terrible take. She was his long term girlfriend and was left physically bruised. He was professional rugby player. It’s disgusting.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
He pled guilty Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.