• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

will oconner sign with reds? thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
whatever way this goes it bodes bad for aus rugby when we have raised a generation of players that seem to care more about mates to go shopping with or discuss haircuts than rugby.

JOC (James O'Connor) just get on with it and get back to playing rugby, your back on the wing to cover for drew in the world cup, you dont have time to shit about with contracts.

T

TOCC

biggsy this isnt directed purely at you, most so just a observation that there has been a increase in the duplication of threads in recent months..

JOC (James O'Connor) to the Rebels
JOC (James O'Connor) to the Brumbies
JOC (James O'Connor) to the Reds

Really, there is already a relevant thread where each of those articles could have been posted in, it makes it hard to track whats going on and just increases 'spam'

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
O'Connor to Qld could be considered coming home. And no we don't need another inside back. But we will have one if he wants to play.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Biggsy would like to reply, Groucho, but it might take some time for him to get back to you...

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
biggsy this isnt directed purely at you, most so just a observation that there has been a increase in the duplication of threads in recent months..

JOC (James O'Connor) to the Rebels
JOC (James O'Connor) to the Brumbies
JOC (James O'Connor) to the Reds

Really, there is already a relevant thread where each of those articles could have been posted in, it makes it hard to track whats going on and just increases 'spam'

God it's tempting to start a JOC (James O'Connor) to waratahs? thread

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
This thread should maybe be renamed to "JOC (James O'Connor) to ???" thread.

I reckon the delay plays more into the Force's hand to keep him. For the record I think it is best for Aus rugby if he remains at the Force.

I'm sure that this won't be the last time that all five Australian provinces are fighting for the one player.

T

Train Without a Station

Would the Reds be seriously entertaining signing him? Obviously teams can't afford to pass up Wallaby talent but I'd say with the form that the Reds backs are showing, with a Salary Cap coming into effect next season paying big money for a player, who would be replacing an established and currently performing player, rather than filling a void wouldn't necessarily be the best move on their part.

Let's face it, the Reds have Hynes and Davies yet to come back, Chambers was playing well enough last season to make the Wallaby squad if it wasn't for injury, Morahan is on the rise, Harris is showing some form and Fainga'a is critical to their defense. I think the addition of O'Conner's exceptional individual talent could upset the team dynamic and possibly shift a player whose impact you don't really notice until he isn't there (e.g. Ant Fainga'a).

Excellent player, but not worth the Reds breaking the bank for. The other franchises on the other hand all have gaping holes to fill that would justify outlaying the money to bring O'Conner into the fold.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'd suggest they won't be breaking the bank for him. Link has said continuously if he wants to make a rugby related decision, then the Reds are a leading option. If its about money, then they probably aren't.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
A pity should he move from Perth. He truly is needed there.. 70% of his team's total points. The Force can build a team around him and Pocock. I know Pocock has bedded down and married in the community, but does JOC (James O'Connor) move back to Queensland in the off-season?

Status
Not open for further replies.