• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

What will lose the RWC for the Wallabies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alex-A

How about injury to Genia and QC (Quade Cooper). without them we could be in trouble.

T

TOCC

well yes, find me a country who wouldn't be in trouble by losing there first choice halfback and 5/8..

However, in that regard i think Australia is well suited to at least fill the gap, Burgess and Barnes/Beale are there as alternatives, and Giteau whilst symptomatic of criticism is still a handy replacement 5/8 at test level.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I am going to post blind in this thread and guess that the answer to what will lose the wallabies the world cup was either:

a) quade Cooper or,
B) not having enough tahs in the side

I'll delete this post if I am completely wrong.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
What will lose the RWC for the Wallabies?

Playing like All Blacks light against the All Blacks

Lack of dominant forwards against the Poms and/or the Boks when it counts

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Our backs will get trampled by the opposing bigger, stronger and tougher backs.

Hasn't happened yet. And don't say the All Blacks because it's their skill/execution that beats us rather than the size of their backs.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I am going to post blind in this thread and guess that the answer to what will lose the wallabies the world cup was either:

a) quade Cooper or,
B) not having enough tahs in the side

I'll delete this post if I am completely wrong.

Might be deleting time, Scotty :p

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Might be deleting time, Scotty :p

Scotty's guess was pretty much spot on in terms of the original post.

I just can't see us losing the World Cup in a single moment or from a single error - it's across the board execution that has let us down in the past.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
if there is injury to Cooper i would be inclined to JOC (James O'Connor) at 10 even with no Test experience in that position. He would really be the best fly-half after Cooper.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
what's the new zealand equivalent of suzie the waitress? hamish the coffee shop guy?

i'll go with that.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Scotty's guess was pretty much spot on in terms of the original post.

I just can't see us losing the World Cup in a single moment or from a single error - it's across the board execution that has let us down in the past.

Yes, it was my guess after seeing who the thread starter was. Looking back at it I think I pretty much got his B) and C), but missed A) & D).

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Our backs will get trampled by the opposing bigger, stronger and tougher backs.

Well the French tried it and it didn't work. The Boks backs are also bigger and they haven't made mince meat of us yet either. If we play well in the pack, none of that will matter anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.