• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force vs Crusaders @ NIB Stadium - 2011R11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali's Choice

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I'm really looking forward to seeing McCaw at 8. Richie played no.8 at NZ Colts level, and also looked comfortable at 8 a couple of seasons ago when when filling in for Canterbury at provincial. He reads the game well, and has the skillset for no.8. And as his pace begins to diminish with age I see him possibly being an effective no.8 in the future. Though the fact that he plays in the same provincial and S15 team as Kieran Read suggests perhaps a move to blindside flanker would be more easily accommodated?

Ali's Choice

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Not withstanding Hodgson's pressence, the Force bench looks weak. This could be an important factor late in the game. And whilst the injury riddled Crusaders' bench is not particularly strong either, they do have the best tighthead prop in SANZAR in Owen Franks who they can bring on in the 2nd half and who can be relied upon to enhance any scrum domination the Crusaders may have.

Ali's Choice

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Oh , another clash that I am really looking forward to is the battle of the 12s. James O'Connor vs SBW. Arguably the two most naturally gifted players in Super Rugby.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I have a feeling JOC (James O'Connor) will look like one of the best guys too stop sbw. JOC (James O'Connor) is way too cocky too let sbw run all over him. I also bet that sbw will try too rip the ball from JOC (James O'Connor) instead of always tackling him.

The hardest part for JOC (James O'Connor) is the height more then the weight. Sbw will look too offload and put dagg/Robbie through and JOC (James O'Connor) somehow needs too get him down fast because it will be hard for him too do a ball and all tackle. I hope we can get away without double teaming sbw of if we do they need too be big hits like JOC (James O'Connor) and dellit did last weekend.

But at the same time I just have a feeling JOC (James O'Connor) will put some great hits on him by himself. Here's too hoping.

Go the force!!!!

Victorian Reds Fan

Bob Loudon (25)
I have a feeling JOC (James O'Connor) will look like one of the best guys too stop sbw. JOC (James O'Connor) is way too cocky too let sbw run all over him. I also bet that sbw will try too rip the ball from JOC (James O'Connor) instead of always tackling him.

The hardest part for JOC (James O'Connor) is the height more then the weight. Sbw will look too offload and put dagg/Robbie through and JOC (James O'Connor) somehow needs too get him down fast because it will be hard for him too do a ball and all tackle. I hope we can get away without double teaming sbw of if we do they need too be big hits like JOC (James O'Connor) and dellit did last weekend.

But at the same time I just have a feeling JOC (James O'Connor) will put some great hits on him by himself. Here's too hoping.

Go the force!!!!

I still think targeting the ball is the best way to tackle SBW.

Ali's Choice

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I think part of the succes that the Force has enjoyed against the Crusaders is that they have caught them napping, off-guard, and the Crusaders have perhaps been guilty of just a little bit of complacency against them. Whilst the Crusaders are under-strength for this game, complacency should not be an issue tonight. The Crusaders loss to the Highlanders last week should mean every one of their players is 'up' and fully motivated for this game. Moreover, last years loss to the Force was massively important in the final shake up of the season, effectively ensuring that the Canterbury based team had to play a semi final away in Pretoria. Hopefully the Crusaders players remember how costly that loss was, and will work hard tonight to prevent a repeat result.

R

Richard D. James

Yeah going to be tough for the Force, this is still a strong Saders team and they will be desperate. Force will need to play as well as they have all year to win. Possibly better.

Ali's Choice

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Yeah going to be tough for the Force, this is still a strong Saders team and they will be desperate. Force will need to play as well as they have all year to win. Possibly better.

If the Force bring the same level of intensity and commitment that they showed in last year's game against the Crusaders, they will be very tough to beat. I wonder how much the Bulls game took out of them? The Bulls are a big bruising team and there would have been some sore bodied Force players this week.

R

Richard D. James

Definitely some sore bodies. I guess with Hodgson and Pocock back they will have some fresh, although not match fit, legs.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Either that or lob a grenade at him....:D

like it. Its like the line when a golf commentator spoke to Robert Allenby before the Masters a few years ago and asked "What do you think you need to shoot to win tomorrow?"

and RA responded "Tiger Woods"

Status
Not open for further replies.