• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Well done boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Well done Wobs. You were 2 or 3 rank in IRB. We wanted you to be no 1. Other people in Black had a different idea and showed why they are no 1.

There were 16 other teams that did not make it to the SF's, but despite losses along the way, we did.

As a rugby player I have never represented my country. You have. Course I'm disappointed, and I reckon you are gutted as well.

We'll be back.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
For a side ranked in the top 3 anything less then bringing thr trophy home should be considered a failure.

If the KPI was Bringing Back Bill, then the campaign can be considered a failure,

The Dardanelles and the Western Front were campaigns that were total failures. I am proud of the soldiers that took part in those failed campaigns.

Our campaign to Bring Back Bill was a failure. I am proud of the boys that gave it a good nudge.

Beefcake

Bill Watson (15)
IMHO, i thought it was a cracker of a game and to avoid all the greatest known sporting cliche in my little spiel...

I believe tonights SF game was a huge advertisement for SH rugby to the globe, hoping to win a couple more fans among Ghadaffis war-mongering dictatorship network but also for world to see what our little part of the neighbourhood get up to between GFC's and doom and gloom chicken noodle news....

Proud that our national teams (ABs & WBs) showcased the best of rugbys rivalry.... to attract new fans to the game, to grow the game in the world...

We seem to forget that the whole world is watching the number 1&2 ranked team - and between RWCs, we are privileged to watch even better games than this ....

So well done to both teams to playing well!! And in the right spirit!

V

voodoo

Yes well done Wallabies. The All Blacks were awesome tonight, no other team in the world would have got near them on that display and god help the French next week it could be a masacre.

As a team we have not really played well this World Cup and making the semis was probably a flattering result. But I'm sure all the guys gave it there best for their country and deserve our support and appreciation for that.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Here is the first line BaaBaa wrote

You seem to love a fight so much you forget what you're arguing about. Unless you think they weren't trying hard enough?

They weren't thinking hard enough: for somecreason we no longer value thinking hard

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
If the KPI was Bringing Back Bill, then the campaign can be considered a failure,

The Dardanelles and the Western Front were campaigns that were total failures. I am proud of the soldiers that took part in those failed campaigns.

Our campaign to Bring Back Bill was a failure. I am proud of the boys that gave it a good nudge.

Good analogy because the problem there was at the top too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Barbarian - you think because others choose not to laud the effort of the Wallabies while you cheer it, that makes you a better fan than the rest of us? Please.

Sully and Barbarian - the thread title is "Well done boys". That doesn't mean its exclusively for congratulatory messages. It is also the right place to discuss whether we, not just you two and anyone else who agrees, think congratulations are in order.

For mine, I don't doubt the effort. However, I don't think the unity and effort of the Wallabies matched that of Wales. I think the campaign was a massive failure. We shouldn't have lost to Ireland in the pool game (when it was ok to condemn effort and endeavour) and, realistically, we should have been beaten last weekend. We were beaten by a substantially better side in the semi without, really, firing too many shots. It didn't feel to me as though we went down swinging. To applaud their work this last 6 weeks is to sanction mediocrity. No thanks.

I'm pretty sure if you said to David Pocock "Well done mate, you tried really hard and I'm proud of you." he'd want to crush your skull in his fist. I certainly hope that is how they're feeling now. They're proud men, not children who should be applauded for finishing. They know they didn't match the standards they expect of themselves or that we, rightfully, expect of them.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Except Cutter there are loads of other threads bemoaning the Wallaby performance both last night and in general since Deans took over. I don’t understand why it seems necessary to piss all over this thread as well. If you don’t like what is being said in here then don’t read it. I am now going to follow my own advice.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Honestly, the All Blacks are simply a better team. If you don't accept that, you are deluding yourselves. As a Wallaby supporter, I was hoping for an amazing effort, because that's what I knew they'd need to win. The effort was there, unfortunately it wasn't amazing. The ABs did in the first 20 what we did to them in the first 40 in Brisbane, and the game was almost over then. I was hoping for a comeback, but realised we could be in for hiding. In the end, I was happy with the way we stuck in there, but was a bit disappointed by some of the stupid penalties, and by the fact we just couldn't get over the line, despite all the time in their 22.

J

Jumpers

Hey cyclo,

No Kiwis joining the forum tonight? That almost makes me sad. I was hoping that we'd get a run of gloating Kiwis, and banning them would be all the revenge we could expect.

Good performance and win by the ABs. The Wallabies played well and yes they gave it their-well done!! But the Wallabies have a very good future ahead with their young team in mind so look out because the Wallabies will be a much better team come 2015, and Bledisloe Cup matches.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Barbarian - you think because others choose not to laud the effort of the Wallabies while you cheer it, that makes you a better fan than the rest of us? Please.

Sully and Barbarian - the thread title is "Well done boys". That doesn't mean its exclusively for congratulatory messages. It is also the right place to discuss whether we, not just you two and anyone else who agrees, think congratulations are in order.

For mine, I don't doubt the effort. However, I don't think the unity and effort of the Wallabies matched that of Wales. I think the campaign was a massive failure. We shouldn't have lost to Ireland in the pool game (when it was ok to condemn effort and endeavour) and, realistically, we should have been beaten last weekend. We were beaten by a substantially better side in the semi without, really, firing too many shots. It didn't feel to me as though we went down swinging. To applaud their work this last 6 weeks is to sanction mediocrity. No thanks.

I'm pretty sure if you said to David Pocock "Well done mate, you tried really hard and I'm proud of you." he'd want to crush your skull in his fist. I certainly hope that is how they're feeling now. They're proud men, not children who should be applauded for finishing. They know they didn't match the standards they expect of themselves or that we, rightfully, expect of them.

I can remember my parents saying the same thing to me as a little tacker, "You tried your best." Salt in the wound.

I actually do think the boys tried their best with the tools they were given. Flawed tools gave a flawed result. So baring in mind my opening statement, Well done to the Players, we know you did your best and you wanted better results. I hope that you will be given better tools to help you succeed in the future as I am positive that with such tools you could suceed and succeed well.

Status
Not open for further replies.