• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Well done boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Just wanted to start a thread to congratulate our guys on their RWC effort (and I know we have one game left, but come on no-one really cares about that).

We were a bit jittery for the first 15, but we gutsed in hard and kept the effort high right to the finish. We were just plain beaten by the better side, there is not much more to say.

So well done guys. You did us proud tonight.

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
Not a great performance in terms of skill execution, but a brave effort nonetheless. Good to see players like Horwill, Genia, Moore, Elsom, O'Connor etc. getting involved and displaying guts.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Not sure I can agree but i shall refrain from expressing a final view.... do the boys include the long promising short delivering coach?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Then why post mate? Fuck me. These guys gutsed it out for 80 minutes against a great side, on the back of a great effort last week. The least you can do as a supporter is say a couple of kind words.

I wouldn't fuck you with your dick - answer the question I posed...that may have been the reason I posted.
How does a team give us the first 40 in Brisbane that this team did and then give us what we got today. Do you have any theory on that?

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yeah lets remember it's only a game they tried their best tonight just not good enough on the night.

P

pete88

They did a lot wrong and didn't play their best or smartest rugby, but yeah, totally agree with the sentiment. To say ANY of them were doing anything other than their best is stupid and insulting.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Nah, I'm not going with the love. We were truly awful and we lost our bottle. Sure they tried their hardest but so does my daughter at Little Athletics. Pro athletes have to do more than try, they have to accomplish. This was well worse than my imagined worse case scenario.

The. Wallabies. Were. Terrible.

If that upsets Robbie, Quade, JOC (James O'Connor) and their $millions, too bad.

Rebel rouser

Ted Fahey (11)
I'm proud of anyone that represents Australia. Well done.

I agree. Now is the time for the real supporters to stand up. We are not fair weather fans. Sure, we didn't play our best game, but I am proud of the boys anyway. All Blacks in that mood would have put 40 on just about any other team. Tonight I am bleeding green and gold. But those wounds will heal and we'll be back.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I wouldn't fuck you with your dick - answer the question I posed...that may have been the reason I posted.
How does a team give us the first 40 in Brisbane that this team did and then give us what we got today. Do you have any theory on that?

First up, WTF???

Secondly, rugby is a fickle game. The first 40 in Brisbane we came out fired up in front of a parochial home crowd, and blew away a NZ team that were a bit fatigued and started poorly. The exact opposite happened today. That's rugby. It happens.

And to answer your original question, of course 'the boys' don't include the coach. Was he on the field? Since when has the term 'the boys' referred to the coach? Fuck me.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I agree. Now is the time for the real supporters to stand up. We are not fair weather fans. Sure, we didn't play our best game, but I am proud of the boys anyway. All Blacks in that mood would have put 40 on just about any other team. Tonight I am bleeding green and gold. But those wounds will heal and we'll be back.

But a person who does not learn from history is condemned to repeat it...what can we learn from this loss?

P

pete88

I agree we weren't good Scarfie, it has to be treated as a *failure*, anything other than bringing home the trophy is a failure for us. But the failure is that at the moment we are not as good as New Zealand unless we play out of our skins and they only play well, which happened for 40 minutes in Brisbane. This needs fixing, no doubt about it. For me it's more about pointing out that they gave it 100% and a lot of people will just say that were too busy being pretty boys/glory seekers/money grubbers/Kiwi moles, which is bile.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
First up, WTF???

Secondly, rugby is a fickle game. The first 40 in Brisbane we came out fired up in front of a parochial home crowd, and blew away a NZ team that were a bit fatigued and started poorly. The exact opposite happened today. That's rugby. It happens.

And to answer your original question, of course 'the boys' don't include the coach. Was he on the field? Since when has the term 'the boys' referred to the coach? Fuck me.

As usual you dont make yourself clear - just a lot of ranting and carry on. Rugby is a fickle game? What crap - the results may be fickle if you are powerless to affect them.
Its not an inevitable feature of rugby to be fired up for one game and not the next more important game, thats something else: it requires some thought (which rules you out) to come up with an explanation. This side have been putting in variable performances for 4 years: most of the variability is attributable to attitude the rest is down to lack of fundamental skills. Both are the responsibility of the coach.
The players gave 100% of what they had to give tonight - but they had more to give in Brisbane.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Nah, I'm not going with the love. We were truly awful and we lost our bottle. Sure they tried their hardest but so does my daughter at Little Athletics. Pro athletes have to do more than try, they have to accomplish. This was well worse than my imagined worse case scenario.

I disagree. We were terrible for 15 minutes, but got our shit together thereafter. We weren't brilliant, but we were constantly under pressure from a very good side.

But this is not the place for game discussions. This is the place to congratulate our guys. If you don't want to that's fine, but I question the need to post in this thread if that is the case.

B

BRIX

If that upsets Robbie, Quade, JOC (James O'Connor) and their $millions, too bad.

Right on. It would hurt much less had we shown up with half the ball sack Wales did last night.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
As usual you dont make yourself clear - just a lot of ranting and carry on.
Its not an inevitable feature of rugby to be fired up for one game and not the next more important game, thats something else: it requires some thought (which rules you out) to come up with an explanation. This side have been putting in variable performances for 4 years: most of the variability is attributable to attitude the rest is down to lack of fundamental skills. Both are the responsibility of the coach.

And for the second time the coach has nothing to do with this thread.

But I will be the bigger man here, I am not going to respond any more.

B

BRIX

I disagree. We were terrible for 15 minutes, but got our shit together thereafter. We weren't brilliant, but we were constantly under pressure from a very good side.

I would contest we put a lot of pressure on ourselves. Particularly at the base of the ruck, we slowed our own ball down and showed no faith in our backline. None - we were still certainly outplayed, but it is what it is.

M

max11247

There are alot more things happening in this world for me to be concerned about other than a Wallabies loss.

Win or lose, I still love this Australian rugby team. There is still much room for improvement, and much to be positive about in terms of the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.