• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Stormers, Round 9 2015, Saturday 11 April

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Yeah, you know if the Blues click they can beat anyone. It's more of a matter when than if for the Blues. Couldn't hurt to have some firepower waiting on the bench.

Strange to name a 25 man bench unless they have some injury concerns.
True. What about the Stormers? ;)

Joeleee

Ted Fahey (11)
Kinda shocked McCutcheon makes the 23 over Holloway and Gray, don't get that at all.

I feel like he's been making teams/squads at the Tahs for a while now without really doing much in the games to warrant it. He must be fantastic at training or something.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I feel like he's been making teams/squads at the Tahs for a while now without really doing much in the games to warrant it. He must be fantastic at training or something.

McCutcheon is another safe workrate unit who never lets you down, but will rarely win you a game either

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I guess there's a reasonable chance McCutcheon won't get on until the final few minutes or not at all but it does set things up to finish the game with a backrow of McCutcheon, Hoiles and Hooper which is incredibly mobile.

Froggy

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
We need to remember Cheika sees a lot of things at training that we don't.
I'm sure many thought moving Horne to 13 and giving Betham or Kellaway a crack at wing might have been a more obvious move to replace AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), but look how well Carraro has gone.
Yes, I would have liked to have seen Holloway come in rather than Pat, but I'll wait to pass judgement, he's made some pretty good calls in the past.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If McCutcheon is there to possibly rest Hooper then I'm all for it. He desperately needs a rest. However if this was the case surely he's best suited to starting and possibly playing out the 80, only using Hooper if need be. But if he's not what use is he? Hooper plays 80, never gets injured (not even going to touchwood it) so unless he's going on at 6/8 (which he wouldn't better at than Holloway) he's useless on the bench.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
I don't think he's resting Hooper directly after a bye. Dennis has not played a whole game yet, not even close. Lousi and Chapman replaced Skelton and Dennis. Now I assume McCutcheon replaces Pottgieter and Pottgieter replaces either Dennis or Skelton. It becomes a very mobile back five at the end of the game with Chapman and Pottgieter in the second row. And Hoiles will replace Palu.

Would love to see Dennis get through a whole match but he only fully recovered from his injury a week before the season began.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
McCutcheon seems to be highly rated by his coaches. Back in 2011 after Waugh got injured tackling Ioani McCutcheon played a string of games maybe 7 or 8 before he got injured himself. Because Waugh tried to play through his Biceps injury many of MCutcheons games were still off the bench. Amazingly he picked up, from memory (which hasn't served me well so far), 10 pilfers which made him the top pilferer for the season up until the last few rounds. Chieka also seems to rate him now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Big match for the Stormers. Stormers need to work on their rush defense. Struglled on tour in this department. Will be interesting to see the Stormers scrum. Malherbe starting after Vincent Koch dominating just about every LH this year. Etsebeth should get a few in the lineouts but we'll miss Duane who have been one of the best leaders in the competition. The backline, we'll we are playing the Tahs who isnt that flashy also, think the packs will decide the outcome, the backs the scoreline. Stormers by 4.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Pfitzy, Hawko and yer man are examining the beer range at the Keg & Brew from 6:00 this arvo. Feel free to join us.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
The backline, well we are playing the Tahs who isnt that flashy also, think the packs will decide the outcome, the backs the scoreline. Stormers by 4.

While they are not yet at 100%, the Tahs backline could not in any way be thought of as pedestrian. If everything clicks they could lose the forward battle by a little bit and still win by 30 against most Super teams. Bit like the Hurricanes, I guess.

I'm expecting a win, but I suspect that the Stormers defence will be a lot harder to crack than most people expect and maybe there'll only be one try in the margin. I'm quite sure it'll be close.

Status
Not open for further replies.