• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs v Stormers, rd 13 Super Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yeah, Folau won't be a Wallaby fullback until he kicks it to clear instead of running it all the time.

Tahs get advantage, Foley runs it by knocks on in the tackle.

Looks like a warning to both captains.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Aplon clears, off the side of his boot a bit. Tahs lineout 25 out, 35 gone. Clean off the top this time.

Now the Tahs go nowhere for a bit. Tahs missing some structure in attack. Finally McKibbin knocks on.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Duvenage kicks out on the full from the scrum. Awful. TPN throws over the top of the Tahs lineout, they clean it up then knock on, but the Stormers knocked it on first.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I know I said it before but wow their defence.. I think the Tahs are doing a lot in attack, any other side they would've scored 2 or 3 by now.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Tahs drive it on better now, over the advantage line to 5m out.

Stormers then man up and drive them backwards before giving away a penalty in front of the posts after smashing Folau.

Half time up, McKibbin will kick. He can't miss this one.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Apart from anything else they may, or may not, do, Horne and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) are a pretty effective defensive combo in the centres lately. Horne much better at 12 than 13, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) much better left in one farking spot. Stormers defence is freakish. Tahs have to be careful not to conceded tries against play in 2nd half trying low percentage stuff to unlock it. Folau getting belted every time he touches it.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
I like the look of the Jumpers tonight.

Apparently they will be auctioned for charity or Junior Rugby. Anyone have a link to where the auction is?

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Good point by Kafer. The Stormers defensive tactic is superb. They just move up (not rush) as a line and make massive tackles. Bloody effective and complemented by having a 12 who has a freakish read on defence.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Foley knocks on a Stormers bomb, Stormers scrum 30 out.

Stormers go blind but the Tahs have them covered. Stormers starting to get over the ad line, but Hooper steals it and goes wide to AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) who clears to touch, but carried back. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) didn't know.

Stormers lineout, 20 out.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Bekker takes it, Stormers maul. Maul is good, to 15 out. Maul has been the only thing that has really threatened the Tahs defence all night apart from the odd Habana soccer on the ground.

De Villiers pass to no-one, but the man was tackled without the ball. Stormers get a penalty in front.

Status
Not open for further replies.