• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2024

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Surely Coleman has to go, it's looking more and more like the tahs will be starting from scratch next year, it's time to hand the keys to someone else.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
any ideas for possible candidates if coleman goes???
Nathan Gray, Andy Friend, John Manenti, Peter hewat and Simon Raiwalui for a start.

Whoever it is should probably be better supported in terms of experienced assistants than Coleman was, but he has proven he's not up to this level and the demands of a properly professional setup.

Last edited:

Love2Scrum

Darby Loudon (17)
Nathan Gray, Andy Friend, John Manenti, Peter hewat and Simon Raiwalui for a start.

Whoever it is should probably be better supported in terms of experienced assistants than Coleman was, but he has proven he's not up to this level and the demands of a properly professional setup.
Put a straight line through Simon Raiwalui’s name as he seems to be enjoying his time at World Rugby Pathways.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Can’t blame him. Off contract and I’m sure he’s much better off out of there. Two of their young 10’s now let go or not wanted. Hope he goes well.
Dunno. I feel disappointed that we've invested two years' worth of recovery time into him, and the moment he's back on the field, he's off to greener pastures. But I can also imagine he's probably sick of the sight of the training facility, given all those physio sessions.

Hogan

Allen Oxlade (6)
Seems like Coleman has well and truly lost the Tahs playing group. Players can’t wait to get out of the joint.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Peter Hewat for me.

- Was a Tah (nice touch)
- Lot of experience around the world and different levels which I think is important when building a squad back.
- Doesn't carry a stink from the last decade like others (Grey, Gilmore)
- Not paying for a current or recently former international coach.

After this I’m sure Chieka will get his name thrown out there which I’m happy with.

Last edited:

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Dunno. I feel disappointed that we've invested two years' worth of recovery time into him, and the moment he's back on the field, he's off to greener pastures. But I can also imagine he's probably sick of the sight of the training facility, given all those physio sessions.
i think we tend to overrate Harrison. He was the fly half during Rob Penney’s terror years and wasn’t that great pre injuries. He’s probably not the mercurial talent some think he is.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
i think we tend to overrate Harrison. He was the fly half during Rob Penney’s terror years and wasn’t that great pre injuries. He’s probably not the mercurial talent some think he is.
And Carter Gordon was the fly-half in the worst Wallabies side ever. They are head to head

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
And Harrison isn't a Wallaby... Likely would have got a game at some point tbh.

I hate the fact he's leaving but get it for him and always support a players ability to earn.

Is a tricky spot if you look at them right now. You're going back to the guy you have benched or a guy who you have given 10 mins to over 2 years.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
So Tahs have now lost Swinton, Hanigan, Gordon, Harrison, Perese, Wilson, Tuipolotu and Nawaqanitawase?
That would be 10 Wallabies that have left in the last 2 years by my count.

There can't be a another side in World Rugby with that much international player turnover?

Top Bottom